We look at whether the combination of natural herbs, vitamins, minerals and plant extracts in Actislim Platinum are likely to promote weight loss.
Actislim Platinum Pros
- Ingredients revealed
- Company contact information
- Vegetarian friendly capsules
Actislim Platinum Cons
- Lacks clinical studies
- Questionable ingredients and amounts
- Contains some caffeine
Actislim Platinum Review
Actislim Platinum Facts
- Distributed by Studio Products, County Durham, UK
- Available in 2 day, 1 week, 4 week and 6 week supplies
- Latest Actislim diet pill available
Actislim Platinum has been manufactured in the UK in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practise) lab and distributed by Studio Products Ltd. This company are based in Hartlepool and appear to supply all the Actislim range of supplements including health products from Natures Bond.
There are other Actislim diet and detox pills available, including Actislim Ultra, Actislim Night, Actislim Full body Detox and Actislim Waitless. Actislim Platinum is the latest version though and been developed off the back of consumers having used its predecessor “Actislim Ultra”, wanting a more powerful supplement to combat food cravings.
The official website looks clean and professional designed and clearly displays all the Actislim range of supplements. The company address of who supplies the supplement is available in the “Terms and conditions” page under the “returns” and “refunds” sections. There is a direct order number on the official site, which is the same as Studio Products and Natures Bond sites.
After some extensive digging we could find no rip-off or scams reported online for any of the Actislim products or for the Studio Products Ltd company.
Like its predecessor (Actislim Ultra), we liked the fact that you can get Actislim Platinum in different bottle sizes, which include the 2 day trial, 1 week, 4 week and 6 week bottles. That said, we are not convinced that the 2 day trial bottle will be much use, as it’s unlikely you will see much, if any benefit after just 2 days!
You are suggested to take two capsules per day, one at 9am followed by one at 1pm. You are recommended NOT to take them any later than 3pm, most likely due to the caffeine content to avoid insomnia. Continual usage is not advised and the manufacturer strongly recommends taking the supplement in cycles of 3 months with a month off in between.
Actislim Platinum Concerns:
- Lack of clinical studies to support claims
- Lack of independent consumer testimonials
- Questionable ingredient amounts, enough to promote weight loss?
What Does Actislim Platinum Claim To Do?
The producers of Actislim assert this supplement is the result of feedback from Actislim Ultra consumers who wanted a more powerful supplement.
With NEW Actislim Platinum we now have the most powerful Actislim ever now available for you buy today!
The manufacturers claim their supplement can….
help you achieve your personal lifestyle goal much quicker than other products current on the market
We can only assume they are referring to “weight loss” goals here!
So What Is Actislim Platinum and What Are The Ingredients For Actislim Platinum?
There are 8 active ingredients, including a small amount of Vitamin C in each Actislim Platinum capsule. These are:
- Acti-Phen Hydrochloride (37.5mg): Hmmm, we could find no information on this ingredient! We did find information relating to “Hydrochloride” though. It seems that many pharmaceutical substances are prepared as hydrochlorides, so that they can quickly be released into the gastrointestinal tract. Its use and effectiveness for weight loss is impossible to answer!
- Ginger Root Powder (10mg): Used in traditional herbal preparations and it’s said to have a number of health properties, such as improving digestive enzyme activity, controlling the quantity of free radicals, lowering cholesterol, may affect arthritis pain and easing exercise muscle pain. There is very little in Actislim Platinum to have much, if any effect.
- Trimethyxanthine (150mg): The fancy name for caffeine! Helps to increase alertness, boost energy levels and temporary increases in metabolism in the right amounts. The quantity of caffeine here are similar to 1 very strong coffee to 2 average strength coffees. If you’re sensitive to caffeine then this may be too much!
- Garlic (AlliSativa) Herb Powder (15mg): Garlic is claimed to help prevent heart disease, including atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and to improve the immune system. Garlic may also protect against cancer. Again very little in Actislim Platinum!
- Chitosan Powder (50mg): Ingredient extracted from the shells of seafood, such as prawns and crabs. It’s said to treat a few conditions from Crohn’s disease to obesity. In terms of weight loss there is conflicting evidence, studies that have positive results have shown to have minimal amount of fat loss ONLY when combined with calorie-restricted diet. If you’re sensitive to shellfish then you should probably avoid these capsules!
- Green Tea Extract 40% Polyphenols (40mg): Potent antioxidant and said to be effective as a weight loss aid. The amounts used here are tiny compared to those used in clinical studies and even other diet supplements. Unfortunately all research for the effectiveness of green tea as weight loss aid is based on a serving of 400mg. There is certainly not enough to have any affect whatsoever!
- Ginkgo Leaf Extract 50:1 (25mg): Traditionally used as a herbal remedy for a variety of problems, from fatigue, asthma and bronchitis, but probably more well known for its benefits for improved memory. Research on memory function has been encouraging in larger dosages seen here, we are unsure what function this ingredient serves here!
- Ascorbic Acid 97% Vit C Powder (5mg): Important water soluble vitamin that’s available naturally in some foods. The recommended daily amount (RDA) for Adults is between 75 and 90mg, so there is around 15-18% of your RDA in this supplement.
So What Does All This Mean?
Actislim Platinum provides a few ingredients in fairly small amounts suggesting this combination is more powerful than their previous supplement, Actislim Ultra. Even though this supplement is supposedly the result of feedback from consumers wishing to control food cravings, the ingredients do not appear to be strong appetite suppressants.
This is of course, unless the mysterious “Acti-Phen Hydrochloride” does this!
Considering there is little feedback online from Actislim Ultra consumers, we wonder if such assertions are simply marketing hype!
Does Actislim Platinum Have Any Side Effects?
Apart from some warnings expressed to some consumers (see caution below), the manufacturer suggests there are no known side effects from taking this supplement.
However, this version of Actislim contains Chitosan, which may cause an allergic reaction in any consumers who are sensitive to shellfish.
Caution: Consumers are advised avoiding this supplement if you are pregnant or nursing, have high blood pressure, have heart or thyroid disease, have diabetes, are an Adolescent or have caffeine intolerance.
Any Actislim Platinum Reviews From Customers?
There are simply so few independent reviews for Actislim Platinum online.
There is one negative review on Amazon.co.uk from a customer who starts by saying they are “horrible tablets“. She goes on to say…
Started taking these tablets and started off on one a day as per advice from seller (reputable company) and within 2 days I had a banging headache, palpitations, heart burn like you wouldnt believe and they made me feel very very sick!! I would not advise them but people are all different so may react different but Ive read there are little to no side effects … how wrong!
Of course this is just one customer review. There are a couple of other more favourable reviews from retailers who stock the supplement, such as…
5lbs off int the first week! Fantastic! Hope it stays off!
Reported by Salomee in December 2011.
So Does Actislim Platinum Work?
Possibly, but with seemingly no research to support the claims made it’s not exactly compelling! In fact there is little information on the official website (or anywhere else actually) that offers any explanation of how this supplement is supposed to work.
The ingredient amounts are fairly low, with one ingredient seems to be only available in Actislim Platinum, that of “Acti-Phen Hydrochloride”. We were unable to find ANY information about this ingredient and how effective or otherwise it can be.
Any searches on this ingredient either show retailers advertising Actislim Platinum or information on the now banned (in the UK) or controlled (in the USA) weight loss drug, Phentemine! So what is Acti-Phen Hydrochloride?
Apart from the caffeine, it’s unlikely the other ingredients will have much, if any effect at all, weight loss or otherwise!
Where Can I Buy Actislim Platinum?
The complete range of Actislim supplements is available from the official website or from other retailers online. It’s not cheap though as the recommended retail price for a 4 weeks supply was £44.95 (approximately $70), reduced to £39.95 (approximately $65) for a bottle of 56 capsules.
Other sizes are available, from the 2 day trial version to the Actislim Platinum 6 week supply at £49.95 (approximately $85).
What About A Guarantee?
A 30-day refund is stated in their terms and conditions that allow consumers to return any opened bottles at the purchaser’s expense for a full money-back.
Any faulty items returned will be reimbursed the return postage costs paid by the purchaser too.
Although a nicely presented and slick website goes a long way, it fails to hide the lack of information available on this supplement. Especially on one of the key ingredients “Acti-Phen Hydrochloride”!
After looking at the ingredients, especially the amounts, it’s hard to see how Actislim Platinum will promote any significant weight loss. Considering the cost of 4-weeks supply, consumers should ask more from a supplement, certainly to be more convinced that this supplement will work.
The 2-day trial size is a nice touch, but in reality apart from knowing whether you suffer any side effects from taking the capsules, you are not going to see any weight loss in 48 hours!
The dieting and weight loss supplement industry is a tough market and Actislim Platinum in our opinion fails to deliver the goods, so we are going to reject this supplement.
*** Top Watchdog Approved Diet Pills ***
Fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner that can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
Why is Phentaslim Watchdog Approved?
- Powerful fat burner and appetite suppressant
- Manufactured in the USA - GMP facility
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free shipping on most orders in UK and US distribution centres
Disclaimer: Our reviews and investigations are based on extensive research from the information publicly available to us and consumers at the time of first publishing the post. Information is based on our personal opinion and whilst we endeavour to ensure information is up-to-date, manufacturers do from time to time change their products and future research may disagree with our findings. If you feel any of the information is inaccurate, please contact us and we will review the information provided.
17 Responses to “Actislim Platinum”
Leave a Reply
Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. Please do not spam.
* Review comments: Please disclosure if you have any financial interest in the product.