Can you really realise a “new you” with Fat Metaboliser capsules, let’s take a look.
Fat Metaboliser Pros
- Inexpensive supplement
- Includes 14-day diet plan
Fat Metaboliser Cons
- Ingredient amounts
- Lack of money-back guarantee
- Lacks product information
Fat Metaboliser Review
Fat Metaboliser Facts
- Manufactured by Nutrition Headquarters
- Available from Holland Barrett in the UK
- Includes 14-day diet plan
Found on the shelf of your local Holland and Barrett, Fat Metaboliser is hard to miss in its striking red clear bottle, containing red capsules. We have to say we really liked the bottle design.
Fat Metaboliser comes with a 14-day Diet Plan that can be downloaded online and contains a 2-page PDF outlining a simple meal plan and simple advice on exercise. The plan will be you consume fewer calories and 25% of your daily intake in fat.
Alongside the diet plan and exercise you take two capsules per day, one mid-morning and the other mid-afternoon. There is some caffeine and why the manufacturer advises taking near to bedtime.
Very little information is available on the supplement in terms of how it will work and by how much. Only two of the ingredients are mentioned in the marketing information (actually within the 2-page diet plan), simply stating brief information on what they could “contribute” to!
Fat Metaboliser capsules are manufactured by Nutrition Headquarters, who we were unable to find any concrete information on. On a positive note, there seem to be no rip-off or scam reports for Fat Metaboliser reported online.
Fat Metaboliser Concerns:
- Lack of money-back guarantee
- Few consumer testimonials
- Insufficient ingredient amounts to work
What Does Fat Metaboliser Claim To Do?
The claims made by the manufacturer are fairly understated, unlike many of the supplements we review.
Fat Metaboliser is….
Designed as an easy to use lifestyle plan to help support weight maintenance when combined with appropriate exercise and a low-fat diet.
Following the 14-day diet plan means you will consume…
1500 calories per day with less than 25% of the calories coming from fat.
So What Is Fat Metaboliser and What Are The Ingredients For Fat Metaboliser?
We were surprised by the ingredient amounts in this supplement, although you take two per day there still seems to be very little in it! Two capsules of Fat Metaboliser per day contain the following 7 active ingredients:
- Vitamin B6 (2.5mg): A water soluble vitamin that plays a critical role in many amino acid reactions and helps release glucose. 179% of the recommended daily amount (RDA) is provided; it’s likely you will consume enough of this vitamin if eating a healthy and varied diet.
- Green Tea (250mg): A number of studies have shown the active compound in green tea, Epigallocatechin 3-Gallate (EGCG), to have some weight loss properties along with being a potent antioxidant. Unfortunately all research for the effectiveness of green tea as weight loss aid is based on a serving of 400mg.
- Chromium (200mcg): Found in many diet pills as anecdotal evidence suggests it can help burn and boost energy levels. Recently an in-depth study by the National Institute of Health has found this ingredient to be in-effective for weight loss.
- Cayenne (5mg): Found in red chilli peppers and responsible for the colour and spicy taste. Studies have suggested when consumed in the correct amounts can increase body temperature helping to boost metabolism, leading to increased calories being burnt. There is so little is this supplement that it’s likely to have any effect!
- L-Carnitine (10mg): There is little strong evidence showing L-carnitine can promote weight loss. However some studies have shown that supplementation can improve muscle metabolism and performance. There is so little in here that it’s unlikely to be nowhere near enough to cause much if any effect though!
- Uva Ursi (25mg): Also known as bearberry as it’s a popular choice for bears liking this fruit. Used in traditional medicine to treat bladder and other urinary infections due to its effective anti-inflammatory properties. Very little in this supplement though, especially considering the suggested amounts are around 2-4g per day, which far exceeds the 25mg daily serving seen here!
- Kola Nut (50mg): Fruit from the Kola tree that’s native to the rainforests of Africa. Used for flavouring and source of caffeine in Cola. Said to ease hunger pains, which is most likely from its caffeine content and why it’s present in some dieting products. Evidence from one Nigerian study involving laboratory mice that were fed a diet showed significant weight loss compared. Studies in humans are less clear.
So What Does All This Mean?
Fat Metaboliser is a low-cost supplement that contains very little in terms of ingredients.
It’s questionable if sufficient amounts are present to promote weight loss.
Does Fat Metaboliser Have Any Side Effects?
There are no reported negative side effects with this product by the manufacturer.
Caution: The manufacturer warns those suffering from diabetics or hypoglycaemia to only use this product under medical supervision as Chromium is reported to possibly enhance insulin sensitivity and affect blood glucose levels.
Any Fat Metaboliser Reviews From Customers?
Consumer feedback on the Holland and Barrett website is above average with a user rating of 3 out of 5 from 4 reviews. Only one person reported the capsules having “no effect whatsoever” and that they were a “waste of money”. In contrast a positive consumer review posted “Have been taking on and off for a year, feel they really help with keeping bowls regular.”
We could find no other independent consumer reviews for Fat Metaboliser online apart from a few forum threads questioning the serving size.
So Does Fat Metaboliser Work?
Considering you take two capsules per day the ingredient amounts are tiny, with the only ingredient with any significant amounts is Green Tea at 250mg!
We have found no studies that indicate 250mg will have a significant effect on weight loss. As there are no clinical studies referenced by the manufacturer, there is no data supporting Fat Metaboliser can promote weight loss.
Lastly, Kola Nut does contain caffeine but with only 50mg in 2 capsules this means there is not likely to be much, if any, significant effect.
Where Can I Buy Fat Metaboliser?
One bottle of 56 tablets is available at the very low price of £6.65 (approximately $10) online and UK high street shops like Holland and Barrett.
A larger 120 tablet version is also available costing £12.89, more than enough for 2 months supply.
What About A Guarantee?
There is no money-back guarantee from the manufacturer and appears to be none offered by retailers.
Fat Metaboliser is a very inexpensive supplement available from reputable UK retailers, like Holland and Barrett. Whilst at first glance this makes this diet pill attractive, looking at the ingredients in-depth you soon realise it may not such a good deal after all!
The fact is there is unlikely to be sufficient ingredients to work, and so unlikely to see much (if any) weight loss. Any significant weight loss is highly likely due to following the 14-day diet plan, which you could follow without even taking these tablets!
If you wish to take a diet supplement we would suggest looking elsewhere. We reject Fat Metaboliser capsules.