We look into Black Ops to find out more about this diet pill and whether it really works for weight loss.
Grenade Black Ops Pros
- Reputable UK Company seems trustworthy
- Clear ingredients profile
Grenade Black Ops Cons
- Fairly expensive
- Many ingredients not been proven to help with weight loss
- No money-back guarantee
- Lacks independent customer reviews
Grenade Black Ops Review
Grenade Black Ops Facts
- Manufactured by Grenade (UK) Ltd, based in Coventry UK
- Company will not ship internationally
- 25 days supply costs £46.95
Grenade Black Ops is made by British company Grenade UK who are based on Coventry. All their products come with some quirky military style packaging and the slogan “Declare War On Fat” sums up the Grenade approach to weight loss. It is all quite good fun to be honest and Black Ops is a fat burner which contains natural ingredients.
Grenade UK is a fairly well known and certainly memorable supplement company. Their marketing style is all about military action and offers you such products as 50 Calibre Pre Workout Detonator, Grenade AT4 which delivers “anabolic devastation” and the original product Grenade Thermo Detonator billed as a powerful fat burner.
You can also buy Grenade Ration Pack – multi mineral and multi vitamin supplements and Reload – a selection of energy bars.
The Grenade website is aimed at fitness buffs and people who like to work out but it is not as “hard core” as some of the other body builder websites. This product website is quite entertaining and although the army style advertising is a bit OTT we are sure that it is fairly tongue in cheek. If you like looking at pictures of fit toned people dressed in army greens, then Team Grenade provide plenty of eye candy and something to aim for.
Grenade Black Ops is a fat burner and energy enhancer and the product information recommends this diet pill for High Intensity Interval training, which requires a short term and powerful energy boost.
We covered High Intensity Interval Training in an earlier investigation. This exercise method offers you a way of getting the benefits of exercise in a very short time and there is evidence that indicates that it works extremely well for burning fat and it can provide other health benefits too. However it is not for everyone and there can be health risks. See our investigation on HIIT for fat loss.
According to the product information, Black Ops is ideal for HIIT and for training in the afternoon and early evening. This is because the effects are shorter lived than the other Grenade fat burner Thermo Detonator which has longer lasting effects.
Black Ops contains mainly stimulant ingredients that accentuate the fat burning effect and enhance energy.
According to the website, Black Ops is predominantly aimed at male users. They don’t explain why this is because there does not appear to be anything gender specific contained in the ingredients, although many women may not be attracted to taking capsules contained in a plastic hand grenade!
How to Take Grenade Black Ops
To use Black Ops, take two capsules on an empty stomach when you wake up in the morning and then take a further two capsules 30 minutes before lunch. You are advised to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.
If you want an “explosive workout” take two capsules prior to your training session.
The product information advises that during the first 7 days you should only consume one capsule twice a day until you can assess tolerance and you are advised not to exceed taking four capsules per day.
Grenade Fat Burner Concerns:
- Works as a stimulant but will not necessarily help you lose weight healthily
- Fairly expensive and lacks money-back guarantee
- New on the market and no feedback
What Does Grenade Black Ops Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, Grenade Black Ops;
has a unique stimulatory effect, designed to enhance mental and physical performance,
predominately aimed at male users
The supplement delivers a so-called “”ive pronged attack” on weight which goes with the military image of the website.
First, caffeine is said to mobilize fat cells and then green tea and cayenne pepper ensures “maximum oxidation.” Then the hormones and chemical messengers in your body need to work to the same goal and this is affected by some of the other ingredients.
Essential fatty acids are associated with decreased body fat mass and phenylephrine is known to stimulate the body’s primary fat-burning hormone called norepinephrine.
According to the information “the icing on the cake is Cocoa extract” which we like the sound of because we love cake especially chocolate cake. However, this effect is apparently because of the effect of cocoa upon nitric oxide. This statement is never fully explained and we are left none the wiser.
The site claims,
Most of us know nitric oxide as a vasodilator and pre-workout booster but it has been shown to be intimately involved in fat metabolism.
The explanation is all suitably technical but put in a way that few will question. It sounds convincing but we are not 100% sure it is truly accurate or even what it means.
So What Is Grenade Black Ops and What Are The Ingredients For Grenade Black Ops?
Grenade Black Ops is billed as a fat burner and stimulant. The aim appears to help you exercise and burn off fat and you are advised to take it before a work out. The supplement is manufactured in accordance with current good manufacturing practice.
One serving size equals two capsules:
- Caffeine (295mg): This well known stimulant is effective for promoting energy and does have a metabolism increasing effect.
Most diet pills and ALL fat burners contain high amounts of caffeine and there is some evidence that when combined with green tea extract it is more effective although this does require further investigation. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10584049. See also our investigation into caffeine use in diet pills
- Green tea (100mg): When used in combination with caffeine there is some evidence that Green tea may have thermogenic properties and promote fat oxidation. Green tea is high in Epicatechin Gallate an antioxidant which may help protect the body against bacteria. Research is ongoing.
- Niacin (15mg): Also known as vitamin B3. When taken at high levels Niacinamide or vitamin B3 may lower cholesterol levels and promote heart health. Vitamin b3 is present in many foods including green veg and eggs. It can cause stomach upsets, flushing and facial redness if you have too much of it.
Source: WebMD Niacin
- Vitamin B6 (5mg): Vitamin B6 is involved in many aspects of the metabolism and vital for the breakdown of lipids.
- Chromium (20mcg): Mineral believed to promote muscle growth and fat burning so a popular diet pill ingredient however there is no evidence that proves it actually does this. Chromium is present in a normal diet and scientists believe there is no need to take supplements. There are concerns about a link between chromium and cancer. Source: http://www.webmd.com/digestive-disorders/tc/chromium-topic-overview
- Taurine (2-aminoethanesulfonic acid) 275mg: In the human body taurine is the major constituent of bile and an important acid with many biological roles. Early clinical research suggested that taurine improved mental performance but more evidence is needed to prove this claim. Source: WebMD Taurine
- Cayenne (250mg): Commonplace spice found in most kitchens. When taken in sufficient quantities, some research has indicated that high levels of capsaicoinds increases the metabolism. See our investigation into capsicum
- Choline (220mg): Essential nutrient present in many foodstuffs including chicken, wheat germ, cod and almonds. Choline is effective for the treatment of asthma and although it is often taken to reduce cholesterol more evidence is needed to prove that it works.
- Theobroma Cacao (100mg): Also known as chocolate/ Cocoa may help lower blood pressure but it can raise blood sugar levels too. Some drugs interact with cacao including diabetes medication and some anti depressants. We feel there is no need to take a chocolate supplement when it is just as easy to eat chocolate. Approximately 20 grams of dark chocolate equals approximately 100 mg of Theobroma Cacao.
- Blue green algae (20mg): Plant like organisms found in seawater and freshwater. Believed to be effective for weight loss but lacks any real evidence.
- N Methyl Tyramine (20mg): Is a form of -Phenylethylamine (also known as PEA). The Phenylethylamine derivatives are in the same chemical class as psychoactive drugs and stimulants including amphetamines. PEA can cause a short-lived high effect but is quickly metabolized. It is this high that makes it attractive as a supplement but the effect often lasts only a few minutes. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenethylamine
- Bioperine: A black pepper extract that is believed to promote the bioavailability of other compounds. Source: http://www.bioperine.com/
So What Does All This Mean?
Grenade Black Ops will have some effect as a stimulant and this supplement may help with general health especially if you work out. Choline is important for the body even if the cholesterol lowering effects are unproven and it can be depleted by extreme exercise and alcohol consumption too. A down side is that according to research, if you smoke Choline may increase the effects of nicotine.
This supplement looks pretty safe but many of the ingredients cause drug interactions so will not suit everyone.
We cannot see why this supplement is specifically aimed at men unless it is the hand grenade. In fairness to men, not all of them will want to take a diet pill from a hand grenade any more than most women.
Does Grenade Black Ops Have Any Side Effects?
There are stimulants in this diet pill so you may notice stimulant side effects such as anxiety, jitteriness, headaches, sleep disturbances and increased heart rate.
You may notice facial redness and flushing and some people find niacin causes stomach upsets.
Grenade Black Ops is very new on the market and so far, there are no reviews for this supplement so we cannot bring you any true-life experiences.
Caution: Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Do not take if you are sensitive to caffeine or other stimulants and you should definitely ask medical advice before taking if you suffer from an underlying health condition, especially anything to do with the heart or blood pressure.
Many of the ingredients contained in the formula can interact with other medication so do not take this without asking your doctor first.
Don’t take it if you smoke because the Choline may increase the effects of nicotine.
Any Grenade Black Ops Reviews From Customers?
No independent ones we could find, however this supplement is relatively new on the market so it may be too early to tell.
So Does Grenade Black Ops Work?
We think it may work a bit. Grenade products are pretty popular and some people like the stimulant effect. However, some of the ingredients remain unproven and require further testing.
However, we are never convinced that taking stimulants leads to weight loss and is having an “explosive “workout really going to help you lose more weight than just having a normal workout? This does not seem a healthy option.
Where Can I Buy Grenade Black Ops?
You can buy Grenade Black Ops from the Grenade website.
Each hand grenade shaped container holds 100 capsules (50 servings) so at the recommended 4 capsules a day is 25 days supply and costs £46.95. We feel this is expensive but it does come with a free tee shirt.
You can only buy Grenade Products from the UK and the company will not ship to Northern Ireland. Postage and packaging is free.
You can also buy Grenade products via their Facebook site.
How About a Money-Back Guarantee?
There does not appear to be any money back guarantee on offer.
Grenade Black Ops looks to be a reasonable stimulant style fat burner and you will probably feel the effects. It may help you feel that you perform better in the gym and we like some of the ingredients. It does not seem as dangerous as the image suggests and some of the ingredients, such as the vitamins and choline, may even do you some good.
However we don’t like that the company do not offer a money back guarantee and the fact that the capsules come in a hand grenade is going to put a lot of people off.
This is a hard one. There is a lot that we like about Grenade Black Ops but at the end of the day feel it is too gym focused and gimmicky to appeal to everyone. It is also very expensive and we feel that £46.95 for 25 days supply is just too much money for a diet supplement.
A major down side to Grenade Black Ops is that the name and the packaging looks like a 12-year-old boy’s Christmas present and unless you are comfortable taking slimming pills from a plastic hand grenade dispenser you should probably avoid it.