Advertised as a revolutionary breaththrough liquid supplement that targets belly fat and is tasty too, we see if SafSlim is the real deal.
- Available in different flavours
- Company contact information available
- Bottle may only last 15 days
- 16 weeks of use required
- Lack of money-back guarantee
- Mixed consumer reviews
- Manufactured by Re-Body LLC, Florida, USA.
- Liquid supplement available in three flavors
- Contains patent-pending SAFActive78 High-Linoleic Safflower Oil
Designed to target the hard to shift belly fat, SafSlim is a liquid supplement that can be taken like a smoothie or directly via a tablespoon. SafSlim supplements are manufactured by Re-Body Inc who is based in Florida, USA. They also produce Re-Body Hunger Chews and Hunger Caps, which contain the non-GMO Satiereal saffron extract.
There are currently three flavours available in the SafSlim range, with somewhat exotic sounding names, these are; Berry Cream Fusion, Tangerine Cream Fusion and Pina Colada Cream Fusion.
When looking for scam or rip-off reports for SafSlim online we only found one reported rip-off in April 2012. This person reported on the Rip-off Report that the company didn’t honour their satisfaction policy. Click here to read the report.
This report seems to be a one-off and we certainly weren’t put off by what appears to be an isolated case.
You are recommended to take 1 tablespoon twice a day before your main meals. It can be taken directly if you like the taste or mixed with your favourite beverage. You should take SafSlim alongside a calorie-reduced diet and regular exercise in order to manage your weight effectively.
- Clinical study cited undertaken on post-menopausal women with Type 2 diabetes
- Not enough ingredients in one tablespoon to promote weight loss
- Very mixed customer reviews
What Does SafSlim Claim To Do?
SafSlim claims to be the first-ever solution to reduce the visceral (omentum) belly fat that is positioned under your abdominal muscles and covers your intestines.
Using a patented formula of high-linoleic (78 percent) emulsified safflower oil (SAF), SafSlim claims to outperform conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) in reducing belly fat.
The basis of SafSlim’s claims is on a 16-week study by Ohio State University that showed…
participants showed an average reduction of 6.3 percent belly fat and an average of 20.3 percent increase in adiponectin, an important belly fat hormone.
SAF outperformed CLA in measurements of trunk adipose (belly fat) and adiponectin levels. There was no significant change in adiponectin or in trunk adipose loss with CLA
So What Is SafSlim and What Are The Ingredients For SafSlim?
SafSlim is a liquid supplement that may be beneficial for weight loss and controlling blood glucose levels. The manufacturers are keen to highlight that the key ingredient in SafSlim is not to be confused with oleic acid, which is found in the cooking form of safflower oil.
All the ingredients are claimed to be derived naturally and doesn’t contain artificial flavors or colors. What’s more, it’s emulsified for easier digestion and tastes not bad too! In fact it tasted so good that SafSlim was awarded the International Superior Taste Award in 2011 in the United States (http://www.itqi.com/en/awarded-products/awarded-products-2011.html).
One serving size is 1 to 2 tablespoons (around 15-30ml) with one bottle enough for 30 servings of 1 tablespoon per day. So if you take the recommended two tablespoons, two bottles will be required for one month.
Each tablespoon contains the following ingredients:
- Linoleic Acid (3,883mg): A polyunsaturated fatty acid that has anti-inflammatory, acne reductive, and moisture retentive properties. Recently been said to support belly fat reduction after 16 weeks of supplementation when combined with conjugated linoleic acid with safflower oil. This study is the basis for the clinical “proof” that SafSlim works, more in this later.
- Palmitric Acid (324mg): Mainly used to produce soaps, cosmetics, and release agents. In the body its excess carbohydrate that is converted into Palmitric acid and is the first fatty acid produced during fatty acid synthesis. Concern has been raised by the World Health Organisation (WHO) that consumption increases the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Stearic Acid (108mg): Found in a number of items due to its lubricant and emulsifier properties, such as; soaps, cosmetics and lotions, stick deodorants, and candles.
- Oleic Acid (863mg): Found naturally in many plant and animal sources, it’s one of the healthier sources of fat. Consumption can lower cholesterol and increase high-density lipoproteins (HDLs) while lowering low-density lipoproteins (LDLs).
- Vitamin E (6IU): Number of important biological functions, which include being an antioxidant, neurological functions, protects and prevents breakdown of polyunsaturated fatty acids. Most people have enough of this vitamin from their diet, so its role here is most likely inconsequential.
So What Does All This Mean?
If you’re a post menopausal women with type 2 diabetes and you take 2 tablespoons of SafSlim each day for 16 weeks alongside a calorie-controlled diet and exercise programme it’s possible to lose around 6% of hard to lose belly fat.
There is no evidence to suggest that taking this supplement will work for pre-menopausal women or men.
Does SafSlim Have Any Side Effects?
There are no side effects claimed and we could find no consumers reporting negative side effects either.
Caution: As with all over the counter dieting supplements, we would not recommend taking if you’re pregnant, a nursing mother or under 18 years of age. If you’re taking medication or under a doctor’s care then consult your health professional before taking SafSlim.
Any SafSlim Reviews From Customers?
There are a few before and after customer testimonials on the official website with little doubt that they are indeed “success stories”. These do appear to be genuine testimonials but we have no way of checking for sure.
There are a number of Amazon customer reviews available, giving SafSlim a rating of 3.4 out of 5 stars.
So Does SafSlim Work?
The main study cited by SafSlim claims that after 16-weeks there was a 6.3 percent decrease in belly fat, an increase in lean body mass, and an average of 20.3 percent increase in adiponectin (a protein hormone responsible for regulating glucose levels as well as fatty acid breakdown).
Here is the research they cite: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19535429
There are some problems with the study referenced by SafSlim though in terms of the claims for this product though.
Firstly, it’s interesting that the study referenced was undertaken on Post-menopausal women with Type 2 diabetes. We were wondering if the results would be the same for younger women who have yet to reach the menopause.
And, how about guys?
Secondly, the daily dose of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) and safflower oil (SAF) amounted to 8 g of oil per day. This is twice the amount found in one tablespoon dose of SafSlim. So unless you take two tablespoons you will be taking insufficient amounts, according to the study on post-menopausal women!
But, and it’s a big BUT, if you do take two tablespoons per day then you will finish your supplement in just 15 days, not exactly a month’s supply. Considering the manufacturer and the study claim results after 12 to 16 weeks, you could end up needing 6-8 bottles. This is assuming you’re a post-menopausal women with type 2 diabetes!!!!
So how can they claim the results will be the same? Well simply, they can’t and it’s impossible to say what the results, if any, would be whilst taking this supplement.
Where Can I Buy SafSlim?
You can buy the full range of SafSlim flavoured liquid supplements from the official website and other 3rd party retailers, costing from $29.95 (£29.95 in the UK) per 16oz bottle.
A larger 32oz bottle is available in both Tangerine Cream Fusion and Berry Cream Fusion for $56.99, saving you a little from the cost of two smaller bottles!
Consumer Alert: To take the serving size found in the clinical study referenced by SafSlim you will need to take 2 tablespoons per day, which means one bottle will ONLY LAST 15 DAYS!
What About A Guarantee
The manufacturer offers no money-back guarantee.
There may be money-back options available from other retailers so we suggest checking the fine print first prior to purchasing to find out.
On first glance the evidence for SafSlim to work is high, but then you realise ALL the evidence supporting this supplement is based on one group; post-menopausal women with type 2 diabetes!
There are other concerns too, in that to take the serving size used in the clinical study requires two tablespoons per day (30ml per day). This means that one bottle of 475ml will ONLY have 15 days supply!
When you take into account the manufacturer recommends taking SafSlim for 16 weeks this means you need 8 bottles. At $30 (around £30) per bottle, this supplement will work out VERY EXPENSIVE ($240 / £240 for 4 months)! If you really want to try Safflower Oil you can pick up them up at Amazon for a lot, lot less.
Taking these facts into account and the lack of any money-back guarantee we have to reject SafSlim.
*** Top Watchdog Approved Diet Pills ***
Fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner that can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
Why is Phentaslim Watchdog Approved?
- Powerful fat burner and appetite suppressant
- Manufactured in the USA - GMP facility
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free shipping on most orders in UK and US distribution centres
Disclaimer: Our reviews and investigations are based on extensive research from the information publicly available to us and consumers at the time of first publishing the post. Information is based on our personal opinion and whilst we endeavour to ensure information is up-to-date, manufacturers do from time to time change their products and future research may disagree with our findings. If you feel any of the information is inaccurate, please contact us and we will review the information provided.
Leave a Reply
Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. Please do not spam.
* Review comments: Please disclosure if you have any financial interest in the product.