Let’s take a closer look at the French diet pill that uses one day and one nightly tablet to combat weight gain by boosting metabolism and reducing fat storage.
Turboslim Chronoactiv Pros
- Manufactured by top-selling French company
- Solid online and in UK High Streets such as Boots and Superdrug
- Unlikely to cause side effects
Turboslim Chronoactiv Cons
- Unproven supplement
- Ingredient amounts not revealed and difficult to find!
- Lack of consumer testimonials
Turboslim Chronoactiv Review
Turboslim Chronoactiv Facts
- Manufactured by French company Forte Pharma Laboratories
- Released in 2004 and 8 million reported sold
- Available in UK High Streets and sold online in Boots and Superdrug in the UK
We started our review by popping into Boots and buying TurboSlim Chronoactiv as we were not confident that the UK High Street chains were going to give us a sample!
This allowed us to find out the ingredient amounts used as as for whatever reason they are not displayed by online retailers.
Turboslim Chronoactiv is manufactured by French company Forte Pharma Laboratoires who were founded in 1999 and have reported to have sold over 30 million units of their range of weight loss products in Europe! Very impressive indeed and certainly a good start for sure.
The inventor of Turboslim, Dr. Yann Rougier has been reported to blame the change of the molecular and biogenetic structure of food in the last fifty years for the massive rise in obesity in the west. That said, French women tend to be a lot slimmer than American and UK women, suggesting there is some truth to the adage “French Women Don’t Get Fat”!
Could it be that millions of French women have reported to have used Turboslim it has been referred to as the “French diet pill”? Although popular in France it seems that this diet pill has not received much attention in mainland Europe though!
Forte Pharma do seem to offer quality products that adhere to European regulations. Reassuringly we could not find any reports of scams or complaints concerning Turboslim Chronoactiv.
Turboslim Chronoactiv Concerns
- On the market since 2004 but lack of consumer reviews!
- Some good weight loss ingredients but amounts not specified
- Lack of details on the one clinical study that supports the claims made
What Does Turboslim Chronoactiv Claim To Do?
Turboslim Chronoactiv is not intended for seriously overweight women but aimed at women who wish to lose between 5 and 10 pounds and looking to keep their weight under control.
Taking a look at the manufacturers’ website they claim that Turboslim Chronoactiv works with the natural biorhythms of the body, so that you can:
- Burn calories and eliminate toxins during the day
- Limit fat storage during the night
The effects of Turboslim diet pills are claimed to be experienced within just 15 days with the best weight loss results achieved over 2 months.
So What Is Turboslim Chronoactiv?
The idea behind Turboslim diet pills is based on the theory of “Slimming Chronobiology” which identifies two distinct phrases within 24 hours.
The first diurnal phase, also referred to as the “catabolic phase”, occurs during the day is distinguished by fat burning and waste removal. This is followed by the nocturnal phase, also referred to as the “anabolic phase” that is characterised by fat storage and tissue regeneration and repair.
Turboslim Chronoactiv aims to target these two phases with two distinct tablets that contain ingredients that promote catabolic processes during the day and anabolic processes at night.
What Are The Ingredients For Turboslim Chronoactiv?
It’s worth pointing out that some online reviews are inconsistent regarding the ingredients in Turboslim! We took the ingredients directly from the box purchased at Boots. This also allowed us to view the ingredient amounts listed below.
The active ingredients vary accordingly to day or night tablets so that the different ingredients can be delivered at the correct time of day or night.
Turboslim Day (orange) tablets:
- Green Tea Extract (480mg) – Numerous studies have reported the positive benefits for weight loss through increasing the metabolism. Contains lots of antioxidants beneficial to health.
- Green Coffee Extract (20mg) – Aids absorption and the utilization of glucose that has been should to reduce body fat. A double-blind study lasting 4-weeks found that 75% of the volunteers lost on average 3.5lbs over 2 weeks.
- Chromium picolinate (25ug) – Suggested to help weight loss but the effects of Chromium on body weight and composition may be called into question though.
- Zinc (10mg) – Essential mineral with many critical functions in the body from supporting muscle and bone growth to boosting immune cells and an important antioxidant to help fight against toxins.
Turboslim Night (blue) tablets:
- OXYLIA TOTAL (500mg) – Referred to as “exclusive natural origin complex” whatever that means! Contains a number of extracts and nutrients (dry extracts of Phaseolus vulgaris, Rosmarinus offinalis, Olea europaea, IPOXIN dry extract of Ipomea batatas and Conenzyme Q10)
- Sea collagen (25mg) – Suggested to improve skin tone and firmness, used in a number of skin creams.
- Sea elastin (25mg) – High in amino acids and suggested to help the skin regenerate and used in a number of face creams.
So What Does All This Mean?
The orange day tablets work to boost metabolism and increase calorie burning by using thermogenic ingredients such as Green Tea and Green Coffee.
At night the blue tablets work to limit fat storage whilst helping to increase skin firmness as you sleep.
Does Turboslim Chronoactiv Have Any Side Effects?
There are no strong stimulants in this supplement so you are unlikely to suffer from any negative side effects.
There is Green Tea and Green Coffee extract in the day tablets that contains caffeine, how much we are unsure as NO ingredient amounts are not specified. If you are sensitive to caffeine then you may experience mild side effects.
Any Turboslim Chronoactiv Reviews From Customers?
We struggled to find any genuine consumer reviews at first, neither Boots nor Superdrug have any! One consumer we did find on Amazon did report losing weight with Turboslim but that it took a few months to work for her.
So Does Turboslim Chronoactiv Work?
One study is referenced by the manufacturers to prove that Turboslim actually works. The results which showed that after 8 weeks the 80 people had positive effects within 15 days and lost on average 9.3 pounds in total weight. Out of all the participants 80% of them were apparently satisfied!
No other information is available for the study only that it was a scientific study that used a placebo and that participants conducted self-assessment. The last point is concerning as this suggests participants were possibly not controlled but left to undertake measurements themselves… hardly a rigorously controlled scientific study!!!
That said there are some proven weight loss ingredients in Turboslim that have clinical data to support positive weight loss claims when consumed in sufficient quantities.
Whilst there is lots of data about Chronobiology and biological rhythms we found the science behind the Chronobiology applied to nutrition (chrononutrition) to be somewhat lacking. A few research papers have supported claims that infants eating certain foods and liquids during the day/night can improve the quality of sleep (Chrononutrition applied to formula milks to consolidate infants’ sleep/wake cycle).
We could not find conclusive evidence linking chrononutrition to weight loss!
How Do I Take Turboslim Chronoactiv?
There are two tablets to be taken daily. The day tablet is orange and taken in the morning before breakfast. The night tablet is blue and is taken in the evening before dinner.
Forte Pharma recommends taking Turboslim Chronoactiv for two months to get the best results.
Where Can I Buy Turboslim Chronoactiv?
You can buy Turboslim Chronoactiv in UK high street shops like Boots or via Boots online. Available in 2 versions, the one month-supply of 56 tablets for £29.95 (from £44.95) and 14-day supply of 28 tablets for £19.95 (from £29.95).
If you are going to try Turboslim then the one-month supply is much better value for money.
For more information visit: Boots Online
Watch Dog Verdict
We like the fact that Turboslim is not marketed as a miracle weight loss cure. If you have lots of weight to lose then Turboslim is not the diet pill for you and stronger, more effective diet pills would be better suited.
Available from trusted retailers both online and on the High street in the UK (and France) TurboSlim Chronoactiv has all the makings of a good diet pill except it falls short.
There is a severe lack of consumer testimonials for a diet pill that has been on the market since 2004! Disappointingly online retailers fail to disclose the ingredient amounts and there is a lack of information on the one study completed by Forte Pharma Laboratoires to backup the claims made by the manufacturer.
We have no choice but to reject TurboSlim Chronoactiv!