XLS Medical Fat Binder
We ask whether this product can be an effective way to reduce fat intake and really be just what you are looking for.
XLS Medical Pros
- Ingredients backed by clinical trials
- Certified medical device
- Available from trusted online retailers
XLS Medical Cons
- Slow weight loss, if at all
- Little expensive at over £2 per day!
- Official website limited information
- No manufacturer guarantee
- Some consumers have reported side effects
XLS Medical Review
XLS Medical Facts
- Recommended to be used with “123 Hello me” 12-week weight loss programme
- Successfully used and endorsed by legendary vocalist Mica Paris
- Suitable for anyone who eats high fat content meals
We started off by picking up a box of XLS Medical fat binder from our local Boots store, as its available exclusively in Boots. It’s a popular brand and it seems to have replaced the popular Alli in High Street Boots stores; even the staff seemed to recommend this brand.
The price we felt was a little steep at £64.99 although you can collect 250 Boots points if you have a Boots store card!
The packaging is more medical looking than many of the more commercial looking fat binders on the market. Although it’s not clear from the advertising in-store, XLS Medical should be used as part of the “123 Hello Me” 12-week weight loss programme.
The 3 step programme is designed to ensure you eat sensibly, keep active and regularly take XLS-Medical. The official “123 Hello Me” website features legendary singer Mica Paris’s story of how she successfully used XLS Medical to lose 2 stones and drop 2 dress sizes, all in just 3 1/2 months.
As with many fat binders you can end up taking a LOT of tablets each day, XLS Medical is no different in that you take 1-3 tablets with liquid, immediately after each main meal. There are questions as to how effective fat binders can really be though and we look to address these concerns too!
Watch Kelly’s video review of XLS Medical
XLS Medical Concerns:
- Concerns over how much can really be lost with fat binders
- No money-back guarantee offered
- Some consumers have reported side effects
What Does XLS Medical Claim To Do?
XLS Medical claims to be a certified Medical Device product that contains a clinically proven ingredient and essential vitamins that can help you lose 3 times more weight than dieting alone!
XLS-Medical works by binding fats you eat and helps you feel fuller for longer
The supplement is “gentle on your system” and “starts working in just 3 days and you’ll notice a difference in 4 week”.
So What Is XLS Medical and What Are The Ingredients For XLS Medical?
The official website (even the box itself!) contains little information on the ingredients used in this supplement and doesn’t reveal the ingredient amounts.
So let’s take a look at in the ingredients:
- Litramine: Patented natural fibre complex derived mainly from Opuntia ficus-indica and has the ability to bind fats. Studies have shown Litramine to reduce fat absorption by up to 27% with no undesirable side effects. It has been shown to be safe, certified organic and does not contain any known allergens. It is manufactured and distributed by InQpharm. (Source: http://www.litramine.com/)
- Vitamin A- acetate: Fat soluble vitamin essential for eye health and has been suggested to increase longevity, but little evidence backs up these claims.
- Vitamin D3: Fat soluble vitamin that is essential for health. Can be synthesised by exposure to sunlight, supplementation can be useful during periods of inadequate sunlight exposure, useful if you’re living in the UK!
- Vitamin E-acetate: Fat soluble vitamin with many functions, most well known for its antioxidant properties.
So What Does All This Mean?
XLS Medical is a supplement that contains no stimulants and just 100% natural ingredients that should cause no side effects. That said a number of consumers have not only reported side effects but weight loss was minimal if at all.
Although weight loss should be possible by taking XLS Medical it should be certainly be used with the “123 Hello Me” weight loss programme for best results. It’s worth bearing in mind that fat binders are NOT fast acting and weight loss will take time for them to work.
Does XLS Medical Have Any Side Effects?
There seems to be no negative side effects with XLS Medical fat binders, although the manufacturer reports no side effects a number of consumers have reported loose stools or in contrast feeling constipated.
Caution: You are advised against taking XLS Medical if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of less than 18.5.
Any XLS Medical Reviews From Customers?
There are no consumer reviews on the official website or on the Boots website. There are some positive reports on Mumsnet that XLS Medical has worked. The feedback we have received from consumers though as been very mixed.
After extensive researching online we found no reports of XLS Medical scams or rip-offs.
So Does XLS Medical Work?
The main ingredient Litramine has been extensively studied by the owners InQpharm. Two clinical studies, one in 2003 and more recently in 2007, are referenced by XLS Medical to show that Litramine reduces fat absorption by around 27%.
The results of the studies concluded that Litramine reduces dietary fat absorption through gastrointestinal fat binding and could lead to weight loss.
A study published in Advances in Therapy in 2007 has shown how the NeOpuntia (Litramine) ingredient in XLS Medical could also reduce bad cholesterol by 10% in 14 days and reduce metabolic syndrome by 39% within 42 days. More information about the nature of the clinical trial and the amount of NeOpuntia used is needed before this finding can be confirmed though!
An issue found with some fat binders is the removal of additional fat can reduce the amount of fat soluble vitamins. XLS Medical combats this by providing additional fat soluble A, D and E vitamins.
It would seem that clinical data is supportive of the weight loss claims made by XLS Medical and it could be possible to lose weight.
How Does XLS Medical Compare to Other Fat Binders?
There are a few other top fat binder brands on the market alongside XLS Medical, these are Alli and Lipobind. All work in a similar way, are safe to take and have clinically proven ingredients backed by scientific trials.
The main difference comes down to the cost, reported side effects, money-back guarantee and any pre-requisite diet.
- Your Diet: Some fat binders require changes to you diet plans that will limit your food choices. Unlike Alli, XLS Medical does not require you to consciously reduce the fat content of your meals.
- Side Effects: XLS Medical and Lipobind have no reported side effects. It’s worth noting that some consumers have reported loose stools whilst taking Alli fat binders though! A number of consumers have recently reported to us that they have experienced loose stools or constipation with XLS Medical.
- Cost: XLS Medical used to be one of the most expensive fat binder at £64.95 per month (see below), the prices have recently dropped to be similar to Alli at around £45 per month. At the time of writing Boots were sold out of Alli.
- Guarantee: Few fat binders appear to offer any type of money-back guarantee from the manufacturer.
Where Can I Buy XLS Medical?
XLS Medical is not available directly from the manufacturer but from retailers Boots and Lloyds Pharmacy. Boots is the better known retailer and has established a good reputation in the UK for both prescription drugs and wide range of non-prescription supplements.
You can buy XLS Medical fat binder from £24.95 ($35) for 60 capsules, but this is enough for only 10 days supply. 1 month’s supply of XLS Medical contains 180 capsules and costs £64.95 available from Boots Online and in store.
PRICE UPDATE: Since publishing our review Boots have dropped their prices by 20%, so 180 capsules is now available for £48!
Find out more: Boots Online
XLS Medical used to be one of the most expensive fat binders on the market, but the recent price changes means its comparable to other leading fat binders. There is little doubt that XLS Medical may be effective at controlling your weight by reducing calories from fat.
There is a BIG BUT though…
XLS Medical has no money-back guarantee directly from the manufacturers but it is available by reliable and trusted retailers both online and on the UK High Street.
It was somewhat a tough decision but in the end we decided to reject XLS Medical. The ingredient amounts have been clinically proven to work and it’s available from a trusted retailer, but consumer feedback we have received has been very mixed with reports of possible side effects.
*** Top Watchdog Approved Diet Pills ***
Fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner that can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
Why is Phentaslim Watchdog Approved?
- Powerful fat burner and appetite suppressant
- Manufactured in the USA - GMP facility
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Free shipping on most orders in UK and US distribution centres
Disclaimer: Our reviews and investigations are based on extensive research from the information publicly available to us and consumers at the time of first publishing the post. Information is based on our personal opinion and whilst we endeavour to ensure information is up-to-date, manufacturers do from time to time change their products and future research may disagree with our findings. If you feel any of the information is inaccurate, please contact us and we will review the information provided.
208 Responses to “XLS Medical Fat Binder”
Leave a Reply
Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. Please do not spam.
* Review comments: Please disclosure if you have any financial interest in the product.