Below we take an in-depth look at the 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum, to see whether this probiotic product has something special to justify its high price.
1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum is a probiotic formula that promises to restore healthy gut bacteria and improve the digestive system. The supplement is manufactured by 1MD, a company led by a group of medical doctors. The positive reputation and skillset offered by the company’s unusual owners have allowed 1MD to charge relatively high prices for their products. Although Complete Probiotics Platinum is a fairly run-of-the-mill probiotics product, it fetches a high price online that puts many prospective customers off.
Probiotic supplements rarely cause side effects, and those that are encountered are normally quite mild. Some customers may experience gas, bloating, or diarrhoea in the first few days after trying a probiotic supplement, although these symptoms should subside after a few days. More severe allergic reactions are rare but possible (customers with serious health conditions or immune system weaknesses should take particular care when using probiotics).
This is a very expensive product when you consider what you get with it. On the official 1MD website, a single 30-capsule pack costs $49 plus $5.95 in shipping. Bulk purchases can make things a little cheaper, with 3 bottles priced at $129 with free shipping and 6 packs at $224 with free shipping. It’s also worth mentioning that there are current temporary special deals on the 1MD website that can bring the price down to a low of $33 per pack when purchasing 6 at once.
Amazon is something of a no-go for this product, as just one pack is priced at a fairly unreasonable price of $69.90 per pack.
1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum is a fairly weak product overall. The formula has been relatively well-formulated on the face of it, and we have no doubts that the product works well to rebalance gut flora and improve the digestive system (if prior problems exist). However, there is no reason to think that this product works any better than others on the market, and it is far costlier than almost all others.
One pack of Complete Probiotics Platinum can cost around $55 to $70 when buying a single pack to try. Similarly effective products can cost a quarter of that price and offer the exact same benefits. It simply is not worth buying this one for that reason alone.
1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum Review
As the name indicates, Complete Probiotics Platinum is a probiotic formula that claims to improve overall gut health. Each serving guarantees customers at least 50 billion live cultures, and the formula features a varied mixture of 11 strains of healthy bacteria. Although every indication suggests that this mix has been professionally put together, the main noticeable thing about this product is its high price, which can sometimes set customers back by $70 per pack.
Complete Probiotics Platinum is manufactured by 1MD, an American manufacturer based in California. 1MD have helped to foster a trusted reputation through the fact that it is headed by real medical doctors rather than marketing experts, and their website offers useful medical tips and methods of preventing medical issues rather than just products. The company can be contacted via the details supplied on their official website.
How to Take 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum
Take one capsule once a day on an empty stomach or between meals.
1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum Concerns:
- Product is far too expensive
- Relatively few customer reviews available to check online
- Cheaper options that offer similar benefits are easily available
What Does 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum Claim To Do?
Probiotic supplements tend to work in highly similar ways and Complete Probiotics Platinum is no exception. The product gives customers a dose of “healthy” gut bacteria, which then provides better overall intestinal health.
To make the mix more effective overall, 1MD claim to provide special veggie capsules that are resistant to stomach acid, ensuring that all the bacteria reaches their target destination (the gut).
Does 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum Work?
1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum contains a perfectly competent mix of clearly labelled bacteria strains and prebiotic fibre, and should work well to alleviate digestive problems (if any exist). Customers that currently experience digestive issues due to poor diet, irritable bowel syndrome or antibiotic use should see their symptoms alleviated, although other customers with no current problems should not experience much at all!
Most customer revises we could find on Amazon were generally positive; virtually all comments claimed that the product worked well as a probiotic (the most common complaint is levelled at the price only).
What Are The Ingredients of 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum?
The ingredients used in 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum are listed below. The ingredient quantities listed below are correct for one capsule of Probiotic Formula.
- Nutraflora prebiotic fiber 100mg: Fructo-oligosaccharides are plant sugars that pass into the intestines undigested. They then bulk up bowel mass and encourage the growth of “friendly” bacteria. Source
Complete Probiotic Blend (with 51 Billion CFU) 500mg
- Bifidobacterium lactis (B42L) 15 billion CFU: According to a study published in 2006, B. lactis is said to reduce the risk of individuals contracting diarrhoea after a change in water sources (perhaps due to travelling). It also helps to relieve constipation and decrease colon inflammation. Source
- Lactobacillus acidophilus (L61A) 15 billion CFU: The most commonly used probiotic in supplements, L. acidophilus creates an unfriendly environment for “bad” bacteria when it breaks down. Supplementing is often thought to be an all-purpose way of restoring the healthy balance of bacteria in the gut. Source
- Bifidobacterium longum (B12L) 4 billion CFU: This strain strongly inhibits the growth of harmful bacteria, thus reducing the incidence of constipation, inflammatory bowel conditions, and high cholesterol levels. Source
- Bifidobacterim bifidum (B66B) 4 billion CFU: B. bifidum has been linked with a range if beneficial effects, most prominently in the immune and digestive systems. It appears to have a range of miscellaneous benefits as well, including an ability to restore alcohol-damaged-livers, to treat diarrhoea, and prevent cancer. Source
- Lactobacillus casei (L30C) 4 billion CFU: Various studies have shown that L. casei is effective at helping to relieve gastrointestinal issues, and has also been known to positively impact problems like obesity and arthritis. Source
- Lactobacillus plantarum (L23P) 4 billion CFU: This probiotic helps to beat off “bad” bacteria, while also performing functions that help to repair the intestinal lining. Source
- Lactobacillus gasseri (L22G) 1 billion CFU: Although less well-known than other probiotic bacteria, lactobacillus gasseri has a great reputation for helping dieters to maintain a healthy weight. In scientific trials, dieters taking l. gasseri supplements have enjoyed a reduction in abdominal body fat and waist size. Source
- Lactobacillus salivarius (L10S) 1 billion CFU: In general, this probiotic is known for its ability to alleviate intestinal disease and improve the body’s overall wellbeing. Source
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus (L08R) 1 billion CFU: L. rhamnosus is thought to be an effective probiotic for preventing diarrhoea in both adults and children, although no studies have been conducted to check its suitability for supplementation. Source
- Lactobacillus bulgaricus (L88B) 1 billion CFU: This probiotic is not the most commonly-found friendly bacteria in the body, and it generally works to kill harmful bacteria. Source
- Lactospore (bacillus coagulans) 1 billion CFU: This probiotic bacteria strain is known for producing lactic acid in the gut. Beyond that, it works in much the same way as the other major strains, decreasing harmful bacteria in the gut and improving the overall performance of the immune system. Source
Does 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum Have Any Side Effects?
Probiotic supplements are not known for having particularly bad side effects, although some customers may experience some temporary mild annoyances. In some cases, customers have experienced diarrhoea, gas, bloating, and stomach upset for the first couple of days after use. Miscellaneous allergic reactions are also possible in very rare cases. Avoid taking supplements like these if you suffer with serious health problems or suffer with immune system problems.
Please consult your healthcare practitioner before using any nutritional supplement, especially if you are taking medications on a regular basis, anticipate surgery, or are otherwise under medical supervision. Product not intended for use by children under 18 or women who are pregnant or lactating.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum?
There are not too many independent customer reviews available online. Although the official 1MD website displays hundreds of positive reviews, the total absence of any 1 or 2 star reviews likely indicates that the company do the usual routine of deleting any negative comments. To find truly independent and representative thought, we turn instead to Amazon – the handful of comments here are far more mixed, with customers generally praising the mix for its effectiveness whilst still criticising it for its extraordinary price.
They were just OK too expensive.
Much too expensive. Probably will not buy it again.
If I could afford the monthly costs associated with this product, I would continue to use it as it is “heads and tails” above any other probiotics I’ve used in the past. It’s definitely worth it if one can afford it.
have used this for a month now and just ordered my 2nd bottle. I didn’t have any issues or side effects. No gas or bloating and it made my bowel movements regular! I like that you only take it once a day. So far, it’s a very good probiotic… I’d say to you give this one a try and see if it works for you because it works for me.
This product is head and shoulders above any other probiotic. It’s not even close. I took a medication that destroyed my gut bacteria and I took several ordinary probiotic products and none worked like this stuff. Worth every penny.
Does 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
1MD provide a useful 90-day money back guarantee on all products, although some of their terms do not technically meet our definition. Customers looking to arrange a refund must first contact the company in order to obtain a return authorization number (RMA). Customers who send back their products without following this step will not be able to receive their refund so make sure you remember to do it if following this option!
Refunds are available on opened products, but the company will only reimburse customers for the amount of product they have returned (i.e. if you use up most of the bottle before returning, you won’t receive much of a refund). Unopened bottles will receive a full refund minus shipping. As money back guarantees go, this arrangement is not great, but it is of course far better than the many companies who offer virtually nothing.
Where Can I Buy 1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum?
1MD Complete Probiotics Platinum can be purchased from the official 1MD website and Amazon.
30-capsule packs of Complete Probiotics Platinum are far more reasonable on 1MD’s website than on Amazon. A single pack here costs $49 plus $5.95 in shipping. Bulk buy options can help to lower the cost per pack, with 3 bottles costing $129 and 6 bottles costing $224. All bulk buy options come with free shipping. At the time of writing, there was a limited time offer that brings the prices down to $50 for one pack, $116 for three packs, and $199 for six packs, although it isn’t clear how long these prices will be on offer for.
Whatever you do, do not attempt to purchase this product on Amazon, as a single pack will cost $69.90.