1st Phorm, the manufacturers of Commander, state that their product is ‘the most advanced fat-burning thermogenic ever created!’ Their ingredients list is long and filled with chemical names of many ingredients, making their product description more complicated and unfamiliar than strictly necessary. We have broken down this complicated list to see just how effective the product really is.
Take a look below at our in-depth review of 1st Phorm Commander.
1st Phorm Commander Pros
- Variety of clinically proven ingredients
- Clear instructions and restrictions lists
- 110% 30 day money back guarantee
1st Phorm Commander Cons
- Lots of possible side effects
- No individual ingredient quantities provided
- Expensive product
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
1st Phorm Commander Review
Commander is a thermogenic fat burning diet pill that is manufactured by an American company called 1st Phorm. We have previously reviewed another of 1st Phorm’s products, a diet pill for women called Bliss.
Unlike Bliss, Commander is not made specifically for any gender, but does seem to be a stronger product than Bliss as it has greater quantities of some ingredients.
Commander contains a mixture of thermogenic ingredients, mood enhancing ingredients and ingredients aimed at reducing fatigue.
How to Take 1st Phorm Commander
Consumers should undertake a tolerance assessment phase when first using 1st Phorm Commander.
Consumers start by taking one capsule in the morning, and can work their way up to a maximum of four capsules per day, according to their own tolerance levels of the product.
Full instructions are detailed on the official product page under the tab How to Use. Cycle use of Commander in a five (5) day on two (2) day off pattern. Use in a 12 week on, 2 week off pattern.
1st Phorm specialise in workout and weight loss supplements, aimed at boosting performance. The company states that ‘our goal is to design, manufacture and bring to market the highest quality and most effective sports nutrition products in the world’, and that, unlike many other companies, they actually stand behind their mission.
It is their belief that once customers try their products, they will be a total convert to the brand’s range of products. So firm is their belief that they offer a 110% money back guarantee for returns sent within 30 days of purchase. They can be contacted via the details provided on their official website.
1st Phorm Commander Concerns:
- Long list of possible side effects
- Long list of restrictions of use
- Needs to be cycled in complicated pattern
What Does 1st Phorm Commander Claim To Do?
According to the product page on the official website, 1st Phorm Commander,
has a powerful and complex structure of natural ingredients to help facilitate fat loss.
help you take control of your physique by boosting metabolism, eliminating cravings and appetite, and giving you a commanding charge of energy to take you through the day! When used in combination with regular exercise, plenty of water and a nutritious meal plan Commander will have you looking and feeling better than ever!
So What Is 1st Phorm Commander and What Are The Ingredients?
The quantities listed below are per serving of a single capsule. Daily dosage is subject to a tolerance assessment, but consumers can take up to four capsules in a 24 hour period. No individual ingredient quantities are provided as 1st Phorm Commander consists of three proprietary formulas.
Lipocendiary ModulatorTM (295 mg)
- 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine (caffeine): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- 4-(pyridine-3-carbonylamino)butanoic acid (Picamilon): Used to treat anxiety, aid relaxation and increase energy, although as these are potentially conflicting states of being, there is speculation that it may simply be placebo effect.
- Hordenine: Hordenine is known compound in Bitter Orange, and is thought to act as a stimulant to increase fat burning.
- N-Methyltyramine: Found naturally in bitter orange and acacia rigidula, amongst other plants. It increases blood pressure and may stimulate the metabolism.
- Cocoa Extract: There is little evidence explicitly linking this ingredient with weight loss. It may act as a mild stimulant, but as it is not even as strong as caffeine it is unlikely to make a significant impact to weight loss.
- Huperzine A: Huperzine-A is thought to be a cognitive enhancer. Because of the relatively long half-life of this compound, its use should be cycled, with breaks in usage every few weeks.
Adaptec MatrixTM (237 mg)
ExoTherm CatalystTM (150 mg)
- Camellia sinensis Extract (45% EGCG, 75% Catechins, 90% Polyphenols) (green tea): Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism slightly for few hours.
- Coleous Forskohli (20% Forskolin): A plant belonging to the mint family that is thought to boost the metabolism. However, the clinical trials performed using this ingredient have shown no weight loss, even when the participants’ lean muscle mass increased and fat mass decreased.
- Cayenne Pepper Extract: Some studies suggest that the capsaicin found in cayenne pepper could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- 4-[1-hydroxy-2-(methylamino)ethyl]phenol (more commonly known as synephrine): A review of numerous studies concluded that use of synephrine resulted in an increase to the participants resting metabolic rate and energy expenditure, and moderate weight loss was seen in studies lasting over 6 weeks.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: Contains caffeine. Whilst it was thought that this ingredient was a significant aid in weight loss, the relevant research has been discredited as it was fraudulent. Currently there is no evidence that it aids with weight loss more than any other source of caffeine. See our article for more details.
- Guarana Seed Extract: A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills.
- Yohimbe: Some studies have noticed increased blood concentrations of free fatty acids in participants who use yohimbe extract, suggesting increased rates of lipolysis. However, the Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database has stated that there is insufficient evidence to claim it aids in weight loss.
So What Does All This Mean?
What is very interesting about 1st Phorm Commander is that it has a lot of similar ingredients to another product 1st Phorm Bliss, which is designed to be used by women. Whilst there are some key differences in the ingredients, and some of the proprietary formulas are present in greater amounts in Commander than in Bliss, it appears that 1st Phorm have found a selection of ingredients that they are confident to use.
The large number of ingredients means that weight loss is addressed in a number of different ways; ingredients such as hordenine and synephrine, extracted from bitter orange, have been proven to increase the metabolism. Cayenne pepper and green tea extract both increase thermogenesis in the body, helping to burn more calories.
There are also a number of mood improving ingredients in this weight loss aid, including PEA, Picamilon, Huperzine-A and Bacopa Monniera. Caffeine improves mental alertness, focus and energy levels, as well as boosting the metabolism slightly.
There are some ingredients that have little or inconclusive clinical support behind them. Coleus Forskolii may help to change body composition, reducing body fat and aiding muscle gain, but it does not expressly aid weight loss. There are also several ingredients that may help to reduce fatigue, a common problem amongst both dieters and those who exercise regularly.
Does 1st Phorm Commander Have Any Side Effects?
Because of the huge range of ingredients used in this diet pill, it is likely that consumption of Commander could cause some side effects.
Hordenine and synephrine are both extracted from Bitter Orange: Side effects associated with the use of Bitter Orange extracts include increased heart rate and increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, fainting, and even heart attack and stroke in healthy patients. The Mayo Clinic has recommended avoiding use of Bitter Orange extracts because in their opinion, the risk of using the product is not worth the pay-off of any potential weight loss.
Consumers should remember that the effects of synephrine and hordenine are enhanced when combined with caffeine. Caffeine can lead to headaches, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness, dizziness and insomnia.
Capsicum extract can cause various symptoms which can include stomach irritation and upset, sweating, flushing, and runny nose. Taking Bacopa monnieri on an empty stomach may cause nausea, cramping, bloating, and diarrhea.
Whilst cocoa extracts are considered safe in general (hence its use as the primary ingredient in chocolate), it can cause allergic skin reactions, constipation, and might trigger migraine headaches. It can also cause digestive complaints including nausea, intestinal discomfort, stomach rumbling, and gas.
NEVER EXCEED RECOMMENDED DOSAGE of Commander.
Not intended for use by individuals less than 21 years of age.
This product is intended for use by healthy adults between 21-55 years of age.
Before consuming Commander seek advice from a physician if you are unaware of your current health condition or planning any medical procedures.
This product contains caffeine and synephrine.
Do not use with any other products that contain synephrine or phenylephrine.
DO NOT USE Commander if you have any pre-existing medical condition. This includes, but is not limited to: cardiac arrhythmia, high or low blood pressure, heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease, recurrent headaches, seizure disorder, anxiety, depression, psychiatric or epileptic disorders, diabetes, pernicious anemia, difficulty urinating, enlarged prostate, glaucoma or if you are taking a MAO inhibitor, anti-depressants, aspirin, non-steroidal anti inflammatory drugs or products containing ephedrine, pseudoephedrine or other medications or over the counter drugs containing stimulants or any other medication.
DO NOT USE if you are pregnant or nursing, prone to dehydration, exposed to excessive heat or have an allergy to iodine.
Discontinue use immediately and call a physician if you experience chest pain, tremors, dizziness, severe headaches, nausea, irregular heartbeat or shortness of breath.
Consume a minimum of 130 ounces of water daily in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN AND PETS.
Too much caffeine can cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness and rapid heartbeat.
Any 1st Phorm Commander Reviews From Customers?
There is a single review for 1st Phorm Commander that we could locate, in the form of a forum post. The consumer was taking 1st Phorm Commander as a part of a stack of 1st Phorm products, and so it should be remembered that the side effects he experienced could be a result of any of the products taken, or the combination of several products.
The consumer does not discuss any weight loss results as the purpose of his post is to discuss the side effects he experienced.
I had been taking 1st phorm products including BMR Commander go pack with Thyro-Drive and also Primal –T. My problem is that I stopped taking them recently because I noticed that I was having fluttering in my chest (heart?) and my wife and I are trying to get pregnant and I was unable to get and/or obtain an erection.
So Does 1st Phorm Commander Work?
As the only relevant review we could locate discussed only the side effects associated with using 1st Phorm Commander in conjunction with numerous other supplements, it is not possible to tell from consumer reviews how well the product works on its own.
The ingredients list is full of a large range of ingredients, some of which have been proven as effective weight loss aids. Customers are instructed to perform a tolerance assessment to establish the best dose for them, and so some customers will have a much higher dose than others, but using this method, side effects will be minimised.
This diet pill is likely to aid weight loss for people who are already following a calorie controlled diet and exercise program, as the instructions from the manufacturer suggest.
Where Can I Buy 1st Phorm Commander?
A single bottle of 1st Phorm Commander, containing 80 capsules costs $59.99 from the official 1st Phorm website. Shipping is available across the USA, but is currently not available internationally.
What About A Guarantee
1st Phorm offer a 110% money back guarantee on their products, which is probably the best we have seen, as it covers both unopened and opened products returned within 30 days of purchase. Customers are refunded the full cost of the product and an extra 10% of the original cost, which should more than cover delivery costs. The company states:
If for some reason you would ever be dissatisfied for any reason just return the unused portion of your product and you receipt from 1stphorm.com within 30 days of purchase and we will credit your credit card 100% of the purchase price plus 10%. The guarantee is applicable to purchases made from 1stphorm.com only and does not cover 1st Phorm retailers. Retail purchases will be handled by the particular store’s return policy.
Commander from 1st Phorm appears to be a strong diet pill, at least based upon the ingredients list and long list of restrictions of use. Whilst following the tolerance assessment instructions will help to minimise side effects, there are still many people who would be unable to use the diet pill for health reasons.
The manufacturers provide a comprehensive list as to who should not use Commander.
The 110% 30 day money back guarantee that 1st Phorm offer on their products, and is amongst the best we have seen. However, the product is quite expensive at $59.99 per bottle. The product has to be cycled in a complicated pattern that is only really feasible for the most dedicated of dieters and supplement takers.
There is a long list of potential side effects. With the only customer review we could locate discussing a variety of unfortunate side effects, and not even mentioning the effectiveness of the diet pill, we are uncertain how frequently users experience side effects.
Overall, 1st Phorm’s Commander does seem to be a promising product for the few that can take it. However, for many people the cost, risk of unpleasant side effects and health risks outweigh the potential weight loss benefits.
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
#1 Consumer Choice 2018: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >