Ab Cuts is a health supplement that may help you lose abdominal weight. It does not contain any stimulants and instead is made from a blend of natural oils including Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA). But can fish oil and flax oil really help you lose weight? Alternatively, will trying this supplement prove to be a bit of a slip up? We find out.
Ab Cuts is a diet supplement designed to be used with a healthy eating and exercise program. It contains a blend of naturally occurring oils and according to the manufacturers; these will help you burn fat as well as maintain your health. Natural oils have many health benefits so this supplement should do you some good.
Ab Cuts Pros
- Good-looking supplement with real health benefits
- May promote heart health and lower blood pressure
Ab Cuts Cons
- Does not work as a diet pill
- Does not help you lose weight
- Money-back guarantee varies according to outlet
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
Ab Cuts Review
Ab Cuts is manufactured by Corr Jensen as Revolution Lifestyle an American company who specialise in nutritional supplements and information about achieving a healthy life style. The company describes their Ab Cuts supplements as being America’s No One Brand Name CLA Supplement.
Ab Cuts is a diet supplement in capsule form that contains a blend of natural oils. The capsules are similar in appearance to cod liver oil capsules and to take this supplement simply take two to three soft gel capsules three times a day with meals.
You are not given any extra information but you are advised to keep to a healthy diet and exercise programme.
Revolution Lifestyle looks like a credible company and their website and Facebook page looks glossy and well thought out. All Ab Cuts products contain Conjugated Linoleic acid or CLA (see our in-depth CLA ingredient article).
As well as Ab Cuts, there is a range of Ab Cuts products that have been added to this original supplement and are all built around the same principle of oil with added variations.
Other products in the Ab Cuts Range include:
- Ab Cuts Green, made with organic ingredients
- Ab cuts Dream weaver, a supplement you take at night time
- Ab cuts Thermo, which is a fat burner containing Green Tea as well as CLA
- Ab Cuts Clax, contains added Conjugated Linoleic Acid
Ab Cuts is stimulant free but in truth, it is hard to see how it will make much difference to your weight. It contains natural plant oils including safflower oil, which has a high percentage of Conjugated Linoleic acid, which is believed to reduce body fat and increase muscle.
CLA is much loved by body builders. This ingredient is contained in many body builder supplements and the idea is that working out will help you convert fat into muscle and that CLA supports this aim.
As well as CLA, Ab Cuts contains other natural oils and vitamin E and we feel that as a health supplement it is a good product. However, when it comes to weight loss we are not so sure. There does not seem to be much proof around the weight loss capabilities of any of the ingredients.
Ab Cuts Concerns
- This health supplement will most likely not work for weight loss
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid can interfere with insulin function
- CLA supplements require further testing for long-term effects
What Does Ab Cuts Claim To Do?
The Ab Cuts advertising does not go overboard when it comes to making claims about this product, compared to some companies. Of course, what they say might still not be true even if they do not promise much. The company claims that Ab Cuts delivers the following benefits:
- Modest Reduction in Body Fat
- Overall Physique Enhancement
- Lean Tissue Enhancement
- Delivers Heart Healthy Omega-3’s
The statements marked with a small asterisk highlight the reader to the fact that the FDA (USA Food and Drug Administration) has not evaluated the statement.
Ab Cuts claim that:
When combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise the ingredients in Ab Cuts supplement the body with an array of healthy oils that assist with body-fat reduction, healthy metabolism, and antioxidant supply
Another statement is that:
Revolution Ab Cuts contains naturally occurring, healthy oils that are clinically tested to reduce body fat.
None of the statements made by Revolution are particularly excessive. Note that you are told that this product works when combined with a healthy diet and exercise.
The big question has to be whether this diet supplement will make any difference at all to weight loss.
Just because the effects of Ab Cuts are not advertised as making you lose pounds of weight in a short time, it does not necessarily mean that what they say is accurate. A modest reduction in body fat is advertised but will this really happen at all?
So What Is Ab Cuts and What Are The Ingredients For Ab Cuts?
Ab Cuts is a health supplement that may help you lose a small amount of weight if you work out and follow a healthy eating plan. The ingredients are natural, healthy and stimulant free and may lead to enhanced muscle development and lean tissue building.
- Safflower Oil comprising of 80% Conjugated Linoleic acid (500mg): Conjugated Linoleic acid or CLA is a group of compounds of unsaturated omega six found in dairy products, meat and eggs and other every day foodstuffs and Safflower oil has a high CLA content. According to research carried out in Norway, 80% CLA was used on healthy exercising humans who worked out for 90 minutes three times a week. The experiment ran for 12 weeks and concluded that body fat was reduced but not weight. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11725826
Animal studies have found that taking CLA supplements, reduces fat and increases muscle growth, and this acid is being investigated for its role in cancer prevention.
However, CLA as a supplement is controversial. Although CLA as a component of food is recognised as safe by the FDA, there are concerns about CLA supplements when taken by people who are obese. It can aggravate insulin resistance, which may lead to diabetes, and it may raise cholesterol levels too. Some medical opinion is that people suffering from obesity should not take this supplement.
However when taken by people with a normal weight there are very few side effects. Consumers should be aware that the long-term effects of taking CLA supplements have not been fully tested or evaluated. Some results have been alarming and have compared oxidative stress caused by CLA to levels comparable with smoking. Although some research indicates that CLA may be beneficial to health and muscle building, further evidence is needed. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17903328
- Borage Oil comprising of 20% GLA (75mg): GLA Gamma Linoleic Acid is a fatty acid compound of omega 6 and is found in vegetable oils, including borage (a natural plant) and human breast milk. It is often used as an anti-inflammatory and is being investigated for its role in cancer prevention, arthritis as similar. Inflammation is involved in all chronic diseases and GLA may help boost the immune system. There is no link between GLA and weight loss to muscle building. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17168669
- Flax Seed Oil comprising of 50% ALA (50mg): ALA Alpha Linoleic Acid is an omega 3 fatty acid found in many vegetable oils including flax seed (linseed) oil. Omega 3 is an essential fatty acid that cannot be manufactured by the body so has to be taken through diet. It has some great positive benefits for heart health Taking ALA reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and has an effect upon reducing stress and anxiety levels. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10617967
- Omega 3 Fish Oil (150mg): Fish Oil contains EPA and DHA omega 3 fatty acids found in marine life. Taking fish oil can lower blood pressure and help regulate a healthy metabolism. It is often believed to have a beneficial effect on rheumatoid arthritis and is being investigated for its role in preventing physiatrist disorders. There is no direct link with Fish oil and weight loss or muscle building. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7490601
- Sesame Seed oil (25mg): Rich in antioxidant vitamin E and has been associated with lowering cholesterol levels. It can have a laxative effect.
- Vitamin E (6.7mg): Vital vitamin with antioxidant properties.
So What Does All This Mean?
Ab Cuts looks like a reasonably good health supplement but there is little here that will make you lose weight .It is unlikely that your metabolism will be changed by the small amounts of vitamin e content. This supplement will probably help heart health and it may help you convert fat into muscle if you work out.
Does Ab Cuts Have Any Side Effects?
There are very few side effects reported despite the high level of customer feedback.
However, one customer said;
This is my third week on it, and to be honest, I feel just bloated in my stomach and bigger. Rather then lose weight, I think I’m gaining it, I work out EVERYDAY, and nothing.
One customer had a positive side effect;
Anyway, the oils in this product have lowered my blood pressure and I haven’t had to take any more blood pressure meds after the first week.
Another customer said;
I love that its stimulant free and doesn’t give a shaky or anxious feeling.
Caution: Avoid if you are obese or diabetic because the CLA content may aggravate insulin resistance.
Any Ab Cuts Reviews From Customers?
There are a lot of customer reviews. Opinion is divided between people who love this product and those who feel that it does not do anything.
A typical negative comment is;
Showed no different effect while taking these, didn’t lose anything, didn’t get smaller anywhere. Just didn’t work for me but may for others.
A typical positive comment;
I love this product. It keeps me toned. If you are someone who works out, eats right, but have trouble with your mid section, then this product is for you, it will tone you and complement your work out. However if you are fat and lazy this is not going to help you, you have to work out and eat right for results with this product. It is not a diet pill
So Does Ab Cuts Work?
As the customer said, “it is not a diet pill” and although it may help you if you exercise and work out, it will not help you lose large amounts of weight.
As a health supplement, it is probably effective.
Where Can I Buy Ab Cuts?
One bottle of Ab Cuts contains 120 capsules (one months supply) and costs $39.99 direct from the manufacturers website. The company do not ship internationally.
Ab Cuts is also available from Amazon.com and from eBay.com and it is available from third party sellers from around the world. It is on sale in stores in the USA including Wal-Mart.
If you are based outside the USA, Ab Cuts is on sale from amazon.co.uk as well as third party sites.
Ab cuts is more expensive outside the USA and generally retails for £39.99 a bottle from British based online bodybuilding suppliers.
What About Money Back Guarantee?
If you buy Ab Cuts direct from the product website, you can return it within 30 days for a money back refund. You need to complete a request form available for download from the website and contact Corr Jensen in advance. You will also have to send the return package insured. It will not be easy to obtain a refund but it is available if you need it.
The money back guarantee is not advertised but it is available.
Ab Cuts is a health supplement that may provide you with some positive health benefits. It will not help you lose weight but it may help you convert fat into muscle if you work out and follow a healthy eating regime. Some customers are satisfied but it does not work for everyone.
It’s very unlikely to work as a diet pill either so for this reason we must reject this supplement.
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
#1 Consumer Choice 2017: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >