We look at whether the combination of natural herbs, vitamins, minerals and plant extracts in Actislim Platinum are likely to promote weight loss.
Actislim Platinum provides a few ingredients in fairly small amounts suggesting this combination is more powerful than their previous supplement, Actislim Ultra. Even though this supplement is supposedly the result of feedback from consumers wishing to control food cravings, the ingredients do not appear to be strong appetite suppressants.
Although a nicely presented and slick website goes a long way, it fails to hide the lack of information available on this supplement. Especially on one of the key ingredients “Acti-Phen Hydrochloride”!
The 2-day trial size is a nice touch, but in reality apart from knowing whether you suffer any side effects from taking the capsules, you are not going to see any weight loss in 48 hours!
The dieting and weight loss supplement industry is a tough market and Actislim Platinum in our opinion fails to deliver the goods, so we are going to reject this supplement.
Actislim Platinum Review
Actislim Platinum has been manufactured in the UK in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practise) lab and distributed by Studio Products Ltd. This company are based in Hartlepool and appear to supply all the Actislim range of supplements including health products from Natures Bond.
There are other Actislim diet and detox pills available, including Actislim Ultra, Actislim Night, Actislim Full body Detox and Actislim Waitless. Actislim Platinum is the latest version though and been developed off the back of consumers having used its predecessor “Actislim Ultra”, wanting a more powerful supplement to combat food cravings.
How to Take Actislim Platinum
You are suggested to take two capsules per day, one at 9am followed by one at 1pm. You are recommended NOT to take them any later than 3pm, most likely due to the caffeine content to avoid insomnia. Continual usage is not advised and the manufacturer strongly recommends taking the supplement in cycles of 3 months with a month off in between.
The official website looks clean and professional designed and clearly displays all the Actislim range of supplements. The company address of who supplies the supplement is available in the “Terms and conditions” page under the “returns” and “refunds” sections. There is a direct order number on the official site, which is the same as Studio Products and Natures Bond sites.
After some extensive digging we could find no rip-off or scams reported online for any of the Actislim products or for the Studio Products Ltd company.
Actislim Platinum Concerns:
- Lack of clinical studies to support claims
- Lack of independent consumer testimonials
- Questionable ingredient amounts, enough to promote weight loss?
Like its predecessor (Actislim Ultra), we liked the fact that you can get Actislim Platinum in different bottle sizes, which include the 2 day trial, 1 week, 4 week and 6 week bottles. That said, we are not convinced that the 2 day trial bottle will be much use, as it’s unlikely you will see much, if any benefit after just 2 days!
What Does Actislim Platinum Claim To Do?
The producers of Actislim assert this supplement is the result of feedback from Actislim Ultra consumers who wanted a more powerful supplement.
With NEW Actislim Platinum we now have the most powerful Actislim ever now available for you buy today!
The manufacturers claim their supplement can…
help you achieve your personal lifestyle goal much quicker than other products current on the market
We can only assume they are referring to “weight loss” goals here!
Does Actislim Platinum Work?
Possibly, but with seemingly no research to support the claims made it’s not exactly compelling! In fact there is little information on the official website (or anywhere else actually) that offers any explanation of how this supplement is supposed to work.
The ingredient amounts are fairly low, with one ingredient seems to be only available in Actislim Platinum, that of “Acti-Phen Hydrochloride”. We were unable to find ANY information about this ingredient and how effective or otherwise it can be.
Any searches on this ingredient either show retailers advertising Actislim Platinum or information on the now banned (in the UK) or controlled (in the USA) weight loss drug, Phentemine! So what is Acti-Phen Hydrochloride?
Apart from the caffeine, it’s unlikely the other ingredients will have much, if any effect at all, weight loss or otherwise!
What Are The Ingredients of Actislim Platinum?
There are 8 active ingredients, including a small amount of Vitamin C in each Actislim Platinum capsule. These are:
- Acti-Phen Hydrochloride (37.5mg): Hmmm, we could find no information on this ingredient! We did find information relating to “Hydrochloride” though. It seems that many pharmaceutical substances are prepared as hydrochlorides, so that they can quickly be released into the gastrointestinal tract. Its use and effectiveness for weight loss is impossible to answer!
- Ginger Root Powder (10mg): Used in traditional herbal preparations and it’s said to have a number of health properties, such as improving digestive enzyme activity, controlling the quantity of free radicals, lowering cholesterol, may affect arthritis pain and easing exercise muscle pain. There is very little in Actislim Platinum to have much, if any effect.
- Trimethyxanthine (150mg): The fancy name for caffeine! Helps to increase alertness, boost energy levels and temporary increases in metabolism in the right amounts. The quantity of caffeine here are similar to 1 very strong coffee to 2 average strength coffees. If you’re sensitive to caffeine then this may be too much!
- Garlic (AlliSativa) Herb Powder (15mg): Garlic is claimed to help prevent heart disease, including atherosclerosis, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, and to improve the immune system. Garlic may also protect against cancer. Again very little in Actislim Platinum!
- Chitosan Powder (50mg): Ingredient extracted from the shells of seafood, such as prawns and crabs. It’s said to treat a few conditions from Crohn’s disease to obesity. In terms of weight loss there is conflicting evidence, studies that have positive results have shown to have minimal amount of fat loss ONLY when combined with calorie-restricted diet. If you’re sensitive to shellfish then you should probably avoid these capsules!
- Green Tea Extract 40% Polyphenols (40mg): Potent antioxidant and said to be effective as a weight loss aid. The amounts used here are tiny compared to those used in clinical studies and even other diet supplements. Unfortunately all research for the effectiveness of green tea as weight loss aid is based on a serving of 400mg. There is certainly not enough to have any affect whatsoever!
- Ginkgo Leaf Extract 50:1 (25mg): Traditionally used as a herbal remedy for a variety of problems, from fatigue, asthma and bronchitis, but probably more well known for its benefits for improved memory. Research on memory function has been encouraging in larger dosages seen here, we are unsure what function this ingredient serves here!
- Ascorbic Acid 97% Vit C Powder (5mg): Important water soluble vitamin that’s available naturally in some foods. The recommended daily amount (RDA) for Adults is between 75 and 90mg, so there is around 15-18% of your RDA in this supplement.
Does Actislim Platinum Have Any Side Effects?
Apart from some warnings expressed to some consumers (see caution below), the manufacturer suggests there are no known side effects from taking this supplement.
However, this version of Actislim contains Chitosan, which may cause an allergic reaction in any consumers who are sensitive to shellfish.
Consumers are advised avoiding this supplement if you are pregnant or nursing, have high blood pressure, have heart or thyroid disease, have diabetes, are an Adolescent or have caffeine intolerance.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Actislim Platinum?
There are simply so few independent reviews for Actislim Platinum online.
There is one negative review on Amazon.co.uk from a customer who starts by saying they are “horrible tablets“. She goes on to say…
Started taking these tablets and started off on one a day as per advice from seller (reputable company) and within 2 days I had a banging headache, palpitations, heart burn like you wouldnt believe and they made me feel very very sick!! I would not advise them but people are all different so may react different but Ive read there are little to no side effects … how wrong!
Of course this is just one customer review. There are a couple of other more favourable reviews from retailers who stock the supplement, such as…
5lbs off int the first week! Fantastic! Hope it stays off!
Reported by Salomee in December 2011.
Does Actislim Platinum Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
A 30-day refund is stated in their terms and conditions that allow consumers to return any opened bottles at the purchaser’s expense for a full money-back.
Any faulty items returned will be reimbursed the return postage costs paid by the purchaser too.
Where Can I Buy Actislim Platinum?
The complete range of Actislim supplements is available from the official website or from other retailers online. It’s not cheap though, as the recommended retail price for a 4 weeks supply was £44.95 (approximately $70), reduced to £39.95 (approximately $65) for a bottle of 56 capsules.
Other sizes are available, from the 2 day trial version to the Actislim Platinum 6 week supply at £49.95 (approximately $85).
Actislim Platinum Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Actislim Platinium?
Actislim Platinium is a 100% natural herbal supplement claiming to help you achieve your lifestyle goals quicker.
What are the side effects of Actislim Platinium?
The ingredients contained in Actislim Platinium can cause side effects such as heartburn, diarrhoea, stomach discomfort, nausea, blurred vision, constipation, dizziness and gas. Actislim Platinium contains ginger root and gingko biloba; both ingredients have been shown to increase bleeding during periods.
What are the ingredients in Actislim Platinium?
Actislim Platinium contains ginger root powder, trimethyxanthine (caffeine), garlic powder, chitosan powder, green tea, gingko biloba, ascorbic acid and the mysterious Acti-Phen hydrochloride.
Does Actislim Platinium work?
There is no research or clinical trial to suggest that Actislim Platinium is effective. However, some users’ reviews are positive.
How much does Actislim Platinium cost?
A four-week supply costs £44.95.
Who makes Actislim Platinium?
Actislim Platinium is manufacture din the UK and distributed by Studio Products.
How do I take Actislim Platinium?
Take one capsule around 9AM and a second one around 9PM. It is recommended to avoid taking the supplement after 3PM to prevent insomnia.
Can I take Actislim Platinium if I have a health condition?
Avoid Actislim Platinium if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, or if you suffer from high blood pressure, diabetes or heart and thyroid diseases.
Does Actislim Platinium have a money-back guarantee?
There is no money-back guarantee but costumers can receive a full refund for unused bottles within 30 days of purchase.
How long has Actislim Platinium been around?
There is no information on this subject on the official website.
Where can I buy Actislim Platinium?
Actislim Platinium is available to buy directly from the official Actislim website. It is also sold on Amazon.
Can I buy Actislim Platinium in stores?
Actislim Platinium doesn’t seem to be available in store.
How do I contact Actislim Platinium customer service?
A phone number and email address are provided on the official Actislim website.
Are there any Actislim Platinium coupons?
There are no coupons offered for Actislim Platinium at the moment.
Are there any free samples of Actislim Platinium?
You can get a two-day trial version; you only have to pay the postage fees of £2.95.