Align Probiotic is geared towards people who are looking for a way to improve their digestive health. It provides you with a probiotic strain and some other ingredients to support a healthy digestive system. The question is, can you take probiotics to maintain a healthy digestive system? Is it possible to reduce weight by increasing your intake of probiotics? Here is our review to help you decide.
Align Probiotic is a probiotic supplement that provides digestive support and improves immunity at the same time. It contains 1 billion CFUs of B. infantis, which improves your digestive health and gives you strength to beat disease-causing bacteria. Regular use of this gluten-free product is also supposed to protect you against common infections. While B. infantis is going to help improve your digestive health, it may also help you lose weight to a certain extent. The problem is that there is not enough scientific evidence suggesting that supplementing with B. Infantis or other probiotic strains is going to help you lose weight effectively. In fact, it may do nothing to improve digestion and treat certain digestive issues. This makes Align Probiotic quite ineffective.
Align Probiotic is mainly a probiotic supplement, but unlike other supplements, it provides you with one probiotic strain only. Still, you are likely to develop gastrointestinal symptoms in the beginning. Refer to our “Side Effects” section to learn more about it.
Align Probiotic is advertised as a probiotic supplement, but it is different from many other currently available probiotic supplements because it contains only one strain of healthy bacteria. It makes many big claims but tries to achieve results just by helping you load up on B. Infantis. Some studies suggest that this probiotic strain may improve your digestive health to a certain extent, but more research is needed to say anything for sure.
Moreover, you need to take much more than what you get from each serving of Align Probiotic. Another issue with this probiotic supplement is that it does not use any specific delivery system to protect probiotics from stomach acid. It is often believed that B. Infantis can survive the harsh stomach acid, but it is partly true. Also, if you are going to take Align Probiotic to lose weight, you will be hugely disappointed. Furthermore, the price of this probiotic supplement is a deal-breaker.
Align Probiotic Review
Align Probiotic is a probiotic supplement that is supposed to increase the number of healthy bacteria in your gut. There is a delicate balance between healthy and disease-causing bacteria in your gut. The use of antibiotics and exposure to stress and toxins can disrupt this balance, giving disease-causing bacteria a chance to take hold of your digestive system. Align Probiotic is supposed to provide you with healthy bacteria to help restore that balance and improve your overall health. Unfortunately, scientific studies do not support the use of probiotics for weight loss or improved digestion.
Many studies have found that supplementing with probiotics is not going to improve your digestive health and the same holds true for B. Infantis. Some studies have found positive results, but they are not that significant either. Those studies suggest that you may want to take probiotics to deal with minor issues such as bloating and gas. Still, not every person taking a probiotic is going to experience these effects because your body may react differently when different probiotic strains are introduced.
It is important to point out that some studies have been conducted specifically on the effects of bifidobacteria, but the results were not that encouraging. Moreover, you need to understand that most of the claims associated with the use of probiotics are not true. For instance, you are not going to lose weight by using probiotics. B. Infantis, in particular, is not going to do anything to help you lose weight. Similarly, there is no study to confirm that probiotics can help increase carbohydrate metabolism.
Even if there are some benefits of probiotics, you are not going to get them from Align Probiotic because it does not use any specific delivery system. When you consume probiotics, they have to survive through the stomach acid to reach your gut. The problem is that stomach acid is too strong for these probiotic strains to enter your gut, and that is why many popular probiotic supplements now use a special delivery system to protect probiotics from the acid in your stomach. No such thing is available in Align Probiotic, which is why we believe that most of the probiotic strain will be lost in the stomach, with very little reaching your gut. Again, it is claimed that the probiotic strain present in Align Probiotic is resistant to stomach acid, but that is not always true. Moreover, many studies have found that probiotic supplements usually do not provide you with as many CFUs of healthy bacteria as they have mentioned on the label. It means that if Align Probiotic does not contain enough to start with, you are going to get almost nothing after those bacteria pass through your stomach.
- At least seven studies have found discrepancies between what’s on the label and what’s in the product, especially in products containing multiple bacterial strains. A 2015 analysis of 16 probiotic products, for example, found that only one of 16 exactly matched the bacterial species claims on the label in every sample tested.
Another important consideration is that there are trillions of live bacteria in your gut, and they are all responsible for protecting you against different diseases. It is hard to pinpoint which strain to take to achieve specific results. It becomes even more difficult with Align Probiotic because it contains only one probiotic strain. You can easily find other popular probiotic supplements that contain more than 15 probiotic strains. Those supplements are likely to produce some results because there is a higher chance that some of those strains will eventually make it to your gut and help fight off disease-causing bacteria.
Even in that case, you are not guaranteed to get results. The reason is that studies on different strains are quite limited. For instance, some studies suggest that lactobacillus acidophilus may help with lactose intolerance, but other studies do not support it. For instance:
- It is not certain whether lactobacillus acidophilus is effective in treating any medical condition. Medicinal use of this product has not been approved by the FDA. Lactobacillus acidophilus should not be used in place of medication prescribed for you by your doctor.
The same holds true for different strains of bifidobacteria, including B. Infantis.
How to Take Align Probiotic
Here is what the official site says about taking Align Probiotic:
- Take one capsule per day. Store at room temperature. For best results, we recommend to keep capsules in original blister packaging until use.
Some supplement manufacturers try to sell their product by sharing specific studies, such as the following.
- Systematic review, using Medline through Pubmed and Embase, which included human clinical trials that exclusively measured the effect of Lactobacillus casei or Bifidobacterium lactis on a healthy population, and where the objective was related to the health claims made for certain products in advertising. Of the 440 articles identified, 16 met the inclusion criteria. Only four (25%) of these presented a level of evidence of 1b and a recommendation grade of A, all corresponding to studies on product containing Bifidobacterium lactis, and only 12 of the 16 studies were published on the corporate website (47). Conclusion: There is insufficient scientific evidence to support the health claims made for these products, especially in the case of product containing Lactobacillus casei. Source
The problem is that these are company funded studies, so they are more likely to be biased.
- Among 126 Chinese women with constipation, those who ate 4 oz. of Dannon Activia with the probiotic Bifidobacterium lactis DN-173 010 every day for two weeks averaged about one more bowel movement a week than those who ate a placebo yogurt. They also reported “improved stool consistency,” according to the researchers. (The 2008 study was funded by the company.)
Align Probiotic Concerns:
- Not effective for everyone
- Takes very long to produce results
- Possible side effects
- Hard to get a refund
- Lack of customer reviews
- Quite expensive
Similarly, some supplement manufacturers try to lure you into placing an order by sharing animal studies. Of course, some rodent studies have shown some promise, but it is hard to replicate the same results in human studies. For instance:
- Scientists from the Novo Nordisk Foundation Centre for Basic Metabolic Research at the University of Copenhagen whittled down over 1,000 studies to identify seven probiotic products to test. In the seven studies analyzed, the numbers of participants varied between 21 and 81, with ages ranging from 19 to 88, and they involved probiotic biscuits, drinks, sachets, or capsules administered for periods of 21 to 42 days. In only one of these studies did the team find a difference in gut bacteria between those participants who were taking probiotic supplements and those who weren’t, and the link between the two was slight.
Moreover, bifidobacterium may only help treat mild digestive problems. If you are trying it to deal with chronic constipation or other severe digestive problems, Align Probiotic is not going to offer any help at all.
The crux of the matter is that probiotic supplements are supposed to increase the number of healthy bacteria in your gut, but Align Probiotic may not be able to achieve this because it uses nothing to protect its probiotic strain against the acid in your stomach. Moreover, there is only one strain in this supplement, which may not be enough considering other supplements offer more than 15 probiotic strains in each serving. The price of this product is also an issue because you can find a better probiotic supplement at a price much lower than what Align Probiotic charges. Therefore, it is better to avoid putting your money on this supplement and try something else, or simply pay more attention to your diet and eat fiber-rich foods to deal with digestive problems.
What Does Align Probiotic Claim To Do?
Align Probiotic is designed to increase the number of healthy bacteria in your gut. Here are some of its claimed benefits:
- Improves your digestive balance
- Improves your immune system
- Lowers your risk of becoming infected
- Helps you lose weight more effectively
Does Align Probiotic Work?
Align Probiotic is a probiotic supplement and is supposed to improve your overall health by helping you increase your intake of healthy bacteria. You can currently find many probiotic supplements in the market, but Align Probiotic is a bit different because it focuses on a single probiotic strain only. It provides you with 1 billion CFUs of B. Infantis, which is supposed to help you treat digestive issues. Unfortunately, there is insufficient scientific evidence to support the claims associated with B. Infantis or other probiotics for that matter. You may notice insignificant change in your digestive system, but not everyone is going to experience those effects. Moreover, you should not expect any weight loss benefit by supplementing with Align Probiotic. In the absence of any special delivery system, it makes no sense to put your money on Align Probiotic because most of the units will be destroyed by stomach acid. Therefore, it is a good idea to avoid Align Probiotic and look for another scientifically proven supplement to improve your digestive health.
What Are The Ingredients of Align Probiotic?
Align Probiotic claims to help promote digestive health, but it does not contain enough of those live bacteria to bring any positive change to your overall health. Here is what you will find in it:
- Probiotic strain: Bifantis (Bifidobacterium infantis 35624), contains 1 x 109 (one billion) live bacteria/CFU when manufactured, and provides an effective level of bacteria (1 x 107 CFU) until at least the “best by” date.
- Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline cellulose, hypromellose, sucrose, magnesium stearate, sodium caseinate, titanium dioxide (color), trisodium citrate dihydrate, propyl gallate (antioxidant preservative), and gellan gum.
Does Align Probiotic Have Any Side Effects?
Align Probiotic provides you with a probiotic strain and claims to improve your digestive health. Considering what many customer reviews suggest, you may end up developing some gastrointestinal problems when you first include Align Probiotic in your diet. Many people complain about issues like diarrhea, vomiting, and abdominal cramps. It also contains magnesium stearate, which should be avoided because it contains a toxin. Some studies show that the use of magnesium stearate may affect the absorption of nutrients. It is also a good idea to avoid Align Probiotic if you are pregnant.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Align Probiotic?
Align Probiotic claims to help you in many ways, but it fails to meet people’s high expectations. Here are some examples of what people think of this supplement:
I have tried many probiotic supplements in the past, but this one was worse in terms of abdominal pain. It got better after a few days but I felt lethargic. I no longer use it.
I have been using it for the last three weeks now but noticed no change in my weight. It has done nothing to improve my digestion. I do not think it is going to do anything.
Does Align Probiotic Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Align Probiotic comes with a money-back guarantee, but customer reviews suggest that it is hard to get a refund.
Where Can I Buy Align Probiotic?
You can buy Align Probiotic through the official website or order through several third-party retailers.