Informing our readers as to whether a weight loss supplement works sometimes requires us to look at a range of different clues. After all, we don’t try every product ourselves (which would probably make us rather sick), but instead look at the ingredients, the customer reviews and the reputation of the manufacturer to make an educated and research-based conclusion. Sometimes (as with this product), the active ingredients may look promising on the surface, yet the way these ingredients are balanced tell a completely different story!
Below we take an in-depth look at Any Protein Fat Shredder, to see whether this weight loss supplement is a professionally-made solution or an amateur cash grab.
Any Protein Fat Shredder Pros
- Contains some ingredients that have been proven to aid weight loss
- Relatively inexpensive product
- Contains a large number of capsules for the price
Any Protein Fat Shredder Cons
- Ingredients are balanced oddly and some ingredient quantities are insufficient
- No money-back guarantee
- No independent customer reviews available
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
Consider using the consumer #1 rated weight loss product – CLICK HERE
What You Need To Know About Any Protein Fat Shredder
Fat Shredder is a weight loss supplement manufactured by a UK-based company called Any Protein. Marketed as a strong source of antioxidants, the product purports to work by preventing oxidation (the process of cells dying and being created), therefore burning off fat cells. Although not explicitly stated, the advertising copy seems to imply that customers can expect to burn fat whilst using the product without otherwise dieting or exercising, as the effect is said to take place “24 hours a day”.
Any Protein sells a wide range of products on its official website, with a speciality in protein shakes and flavouring agents. The company sells a range of kits combining different Any Protein products, including the “muscle” kit (which focuses on protein shakes and testosterone boosters) and a “diet” kit (which focuses on slimming protein shakes, multivitamins and Fat Shredder.
What Are The Side Effects Of Any Protein Fat Shredder?
Any Protein Fat Shredder contains a couple of ingredients that are sources of caffeine, and so may come with certain side effects that are often associated with high doses of caffeine. These side effects included headaches, insomnia, irritability, diarrhoea, and heartburn.
Although the dosage of acetyl-l-carnitine is relatively low, its inclusion can cause some side effects that include nausea, vomiting, restlessness, and a fishy odour in the urine, sweat, and breath. CLA has also sometimes been associated with stomach problems, diarrhoea and fatigue. The only other possible side effects come from African Mango, which sometimes cause headaches, insomnia, and gas.
How Much Does Any Protein Fat Shredder Cost?
One very strong point in favour of Fat Shredder is its low price. A single bottle of 120 capsules is available for £14.99, with UK weekday delivery costing £4.99. UK Saturday deliveries are a little more expensive, at £6.99. All orders over £50 come with free delivery for UK customers. Customers looking to buy this product from Europe will pay £11-£22 per delivery depending on their location on the continent, and customers from other areas should expect to pay considerably more. Fat Shredder is currently only available to buy from Any Protein’s website.
Our Verdict On Any Protein Fat Shredder
Any Protein Fat Shredder may be cheap, but it’s also a fairly unremarkable product in a number of ways. Only around half of its active ingredients are effective in the slightest, with many of the others being gimmicky and backed by bad research. Even if the ingredients were balanced correctly (and they’re not), it would be hard to recommend this product, as its beneficial effects are probably outweighed by the jittery side effects the caffeine will give you.
The ingredient balance represents one of the biggest red flags about this product. Each ingredient contained within the mix represents exactly one sixth of each capsule, meaning that there is 166.6mg of each ingredient per capsule. Whilst neat, this approach means that some of the ingredients will be completely ineffective (for example, the quantity of acetyl-l-carnitine is far too low to be effective). The fact that the capsules are set up this way implies either laziness or incompetence on the part of the manufacturer, and does not give us confidence that much thought has been put into making sure that the ingredient balance works. Any Protein is mainly known for protein shakes, and seems to have little experience with making more complex supplements (and it shows).
In addition, the company’s stated money-back guarantee is not a money-back guarantee (as customers must return their products in their original state) and there are no independent customer reviews available for prospective customers to check.
We do not recommend Any Protein Fat Shredder to our readers.
The most popular consumer choice in 2018
With a combination of proven ingredients, superb customer service and a 60-day money-back guarantee, Phentaslim is making big waves in the diet world.
Find out why thousands of people are choosing Phentaslim to achieve their weight loss goals, and why it's also the editor's top selection.
Read the Watchdog Phentaslim review here.
Any Protein Fat Shredder Review
Any Protein’s Fat Shredder product is a supplement that claims to help customers to lose weight. Fat Shredder reportedly contains a range of potent antioxidants that help to attack fat cells and increase the body’s metabolic rate.
The Fat Shredder product is manufactured and sold by Any Protein, a UK-based company with a range of fitness and weight loss products, including flavoured protein shakes, weight loss products, and amino acid mixes. The company can be easily reached on the contact page on their official website.
How to Take Any Protein Fat Shredder
The directions for use are as follows:
Take 1 x Capsules. Consume 3 servings daily. Do not exceed directions for use. Store in a cool dry place out of sight and reach of children.
Any Protein Fat Shredder Concerns:
- No money-back guarantee (despite manufacturer’s claims)
- No independent customer reviews available
- Ingredient quantities suggest a lazily-made product
What Does Any Protein Fat Shredder Claim To Do?
Any Protein is relatively clear and concise when explaining the benefits of the Fat Shredder product on the website. Fat Shredder is said to contain a number of strong antioxidants, which help to prevent oxidation (the birth and death of cells during bodily regeneration). This process is then said to help with attacking fat cells and inducing weight loss. The following direct benefits are listed on the official website:
- Burns Stubborn Fat Cells
- Contains Potent Antioxidants
- Increases Metabolic Rate
Does Any Protein Fat Shredder Work?
The ingredients contained within Any Protein Fat Shredder are a mixed bag. Many of the ingredients contained within are completely ineffective, and a few others could cause some weight loss in the right circumstances. Despite this, we would not expect any results to be particularly drastic at the best of times.
One thing to note about the ingredient balance is that each ingredient’s weighting is the same (i.e. each ingredient makes up exactly 1/6th of each capsule). In some cases, this means that some ingredient quantities are far too low to be effective (like with l-carnitine). Put simply, this gives us the impression that the product has been somewhat hastily put together with little thought put into whether it will work or not.
What Are The Ingredients of Any Protein Fat Shredder?
The ingredients used in Any Protein Fat Shredder are listed below. The ingredient quantities listed below are correct for one serving (one capsule). Customers are instructed to take three capsules per day.
- Green Matcha Tea 166.6mg: Matcha green tea is higher in catechins than regular green tea, because of the growing and harvesting processes. One study found that participants who drank beverages high in catechins extracted from green tea (690 mg/d) lost significantly more weight and body fat than those who drank beverages low in catechins (22 mg/d).
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine 166.6mg: There is some evidence that supplementation of acetyl-l-carnitine can reduce body fat, although the strongest results were seen in the elderly. The ingredient also boosts energy levels, and is used to treat fatigue. The quantity of acetyl-l-carnitine included in this product is much too low to be effective.
- CLA 166.6mg: Naturally found in dairy products, beef and safflower oil, conjugated linoleic acid may help to reduce body fat, but may not cause changes to body weight. The average daily diet provides between 15 and 174 mg of conjugated linoleic acid, but studies have used much higher levels. Human studies of CLA have produced contradictory results, and it is described as not only a relatively poor fat burner, but also an unreliable one.
- Acai Extract 166.6mg: A berry that has been wrongly hyped up as a weight-loss super-food, Acai berry use in diet pills has rocketed in recent years. Acai berry is high in Anthocyanins, antioxidants which may help to protect the body against cancer, inflammation, aging, neurological diseases, diabetes, and bacterial infections. However, any claims that it aids weight loss are unproven.
- African Mango 166.6mg: Whilst many of the studies of African Mango have been funded by supplement manufacturers (which makes them automatically biased), there are promising preliminary results that suggest IGOB131, a substance extracted from African Mango, suppresses the appetite and leads to weight loss (although it remains unclear whether this particular extract is used in this supplement).
- Green Coffee Extract 166.6mg: Whilst it was thought that this ingredient was a significant aid in weight loss, the relevant research has been discredited as fraudulent. Currently there is no evidence that it aids with weight loss more than any other source of caffeine.
Does Any Protein Fat Shredder Have Any Side Effects?
Although not labelled as such, Any Protein Fat Shredder may contain a decently-sized dose of caffeine (as it contains 330mg of green tea and coffee per capsule). One of the customer comments on the website also highlighted that the product gave them energy. Customers should take care to limit their caffeine intake whilst taking this product, drink plenty of water, and try not to capsules in the evenings. When taken to excess, caffeine can cause a range of tiring side effects, including insomnia, headaches, irritability, heartburn and diarrhoea.
Some of the other ingredients may cause other side effects. African Mango is sometimes associated with headaches, insomnia and flatulence, and CLA can cause stomach upset, diarrhoea, and tiredness. The dosage of acetyl-l-carnitine is too low to be really effective as a weight loss aid, but its inclusion can still cause nausea, vomiting, restlessness, and a distasteful fish-like odour in the body’s sweat, breath and urine.
Please consult your healthcare practitioner before using any nutritional supplement, especially if you are taking medications on a regular basis, anticipate surgery, or are otherwise under medical supervision. Product not intended for use by children under 18 or women who are pregnant or lactating.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Any Protein Fat Shredder?
Unfortunately, we were not able to locate any independent customer reviews for Any Protein’s Fat Shredder product. There are a couple of reviews posted on the official website which we have shared below, but readers should note that these reviews may not be completely trustworthy, as websites may delete negative comments and keep only the ones that help to sell the product.
Love Any Proteins natural range. These fat shredders are a must have for any diet. I also use anywhey slim in conjunction with these and it works a treat, lost a stone so far
Good blend of anti-oxidants. So much easier then drinking tea all day long. They give me lots of energy too.
Does Any Protein Fat Shredder Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Any Protein proudly boasts about their money-back guarantee on the official website, but readers should be warned that this deal is not what it is advertised to be. Customers looking to return their product may do so within 14 days, as long as their product is returned “in its original condition”. Customers looking to exchange their product for another may be able to return their product even after it has been opened. Anyone looking to organise a return must email the company beforehand using the contact details supplied on the official website.
Where Can I Buy Any Protein Fat Shredder?
Fat Shredder can only currently be purchased from Any Protein’s website. The product is available for the relatively low price of £14.99 for 120 capsules, with delivery to UK customers costing £4.99 for weekday deliveries and £6.99 for Saturday deliveries. Customers ordering from Europe pay £11 to £22 for delivery depending on their location, and customers ordering from elsewhere must arrange their delivery with the company directly (and will likely pay a hefty fee).
#1 Consumer Choice 2018: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >