According to the information printed on the packaging, Appetrex Control is a diet pill that is clinically proven to reduce calorie intake and boost energy and metabolism. Sounds good but does it really work? We take a look at Appetrex Control to find out more.
Appetrex Control is a GNC own label supplement. GNC – General Nutrition Corporation is a well-known USA supplements company with a huge range of own brand supplements. This company sell online but there are also GNC stores located in the USA and across the world.
Appetrex Control Pros
- Comes with a 1500 calorie a day diet plan
Appetrex Control Cons
- Probably not as effective as claimed
- Contains Chrysin – potentially dangerous for some people
- So called clinical testing unproven
- No money-back guarantee
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
Appetrex Control Review
When you are looking for a diet pill, it is important to find one that you trust so Appetrex Control which is manufactured and sold by GNC looks to have the right credentials. GNC is a trusted brand so you have some assurance that this diet pill should be safe and manufactured to industry standards.
Appetrex Control is a diet pill that is supposed to help you reduce your appetite and according to GNC should be taken right at the start of your diet.
To help you it comes with a two-week diet plan that provides you with 1500 calories a day based on healthy foods.
Appetrex Control looks safe but judging by the ingredients list it is hard to see just how this pill is proven to reduce calorie intake.
There is nothing here that actually reduces the appetite beyond caffeine and with just 180mg per serving, it seems very unlikely that the caffeine will have a strong effect. (the average cup of coffee contains around 100mg of caffeine).
The other ingredients include vitamins and herbs such as dill, ginger and some tea and coffee based ingredients.
Appetrex control also contains coffee bean extract and more unusually grape seed extract as well as Chrysin an extract from the popular garden plant Passion Flower.
How to take Appetrex Control
To take Appetrex Control take two tablets once daily with water 30 to 60 minutes before lunch or dinner. Do not take near bedtime.
GNC is a US company based in Pittsburgh. This huge company is well known throughout the USA and provide supplements and vitamins for just about everyone and everything.
Product ranges include vitamin supplements for aging, women, teens, men and even pets. You can find GNC Supplements to improve specific issues such as urinary tract support, menopause support and prostate support. GNC also supply a range of bodybuilding and sports nutrition supplements as well as support for general weight loss.
Appetrex Control Concerns:
- GNC claim there is only 180mg caffeine per serving but customers have experienced jittery side effects so is even true?
- GNC should have provided health warnings to people with hormone related medical conditions
- Will unlikely work in the way described
What Does Appetrex Control Claim To Do?
According to the product advertising, Appetrex Control is;
Clinically proven to reduce calorie intake
Boosts energy and metabolism
GNC explain the clinical test.
In a clinical study of 30 healthy adults (who took Appetrex Control one week followed by a placebo one week apart, or vice versa) food intake was reduced by nearly 10% when the subjects took Appetrex Control versus the placebo prior to their first meal at the start of their diet.
What does this actually mean though?
It seems to suggest that food intake was reduced by NEARLY 10% – not actually 10% and was carried out on just 30 people and tested the first meal at the start of the diet!
This is not enough to prove that this supplement works!
It is just as likely to prove that the first meal at the start of the diet was horrible! With such a small “clinical test” there could be a variety of reasons that caused an effect.
Appetrex Control provides you with some support to weight loss with a diet plan.
To help you manage your weight, we’ve included an easy-to-follow meal and exercise plan. Created by expert nutritionists and dieticians, this two-week meal plan provides you with 1,500 calories each day and features healthy foods.
According to the advertising Appetrex control is a;
multi-action formula (that) combines energizing herbs such as yerba mate extract and black tea with EGCG, a major thermogenic component of green tea that helps support metabolism.
So What Is Appetrex Control and What Are The Ingredients For Appetrex Control?
Appetrex Control is a diet pill that is supposed to help reduce appetite and to provide some support to weight loss. Each serving is equal to two capsules. Information here is based on a two capsule serving.
The proprietary herbal blend does not come with a full ingredients breakdown but GNC have stated that each serving contains 180mg of caffeine.
- Thiamin (Vitamin B-1)(as Thiamin Mononitrate) (1.50 mg): Water-soluble vitamin that is essential for health and present in many normal foods including, yeast and cereal grains
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B-2) (1.70 mg): Micronutrient that plays a key role in maintaining health.
- Niacin (20.00mg): When taken at high levels Niacinamide or vitamin B3 can lower cholesterol levels and promote heart health. The RDA is set at 14mg daily for women so this supplement seems high. Niacin is present in many foods including green veg and eggs. It can cause stomach upsets, flushing and facial redness if you have too much of it.
- Vitamin B-6 (as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride) (2mg): Involved in many aspects of the metabolism, B6 helps reduce tiredness, helps blood cell formation, improves cognitive ability and is vital for the breakdown of lipids. Vitamin B6 is present in many foodstuffs including pork, bread, eggs, fish and poultry. When taken to excess it can cause skin irritation.
- Chromium (as Hydrolyzed Protein Chelate) (120mcg): Trace mineral that may help insulin regulate blood sugar but medical opinion is that taking OTC supplements is unnecessary. Can be dangerous in high quantities
Proprietary Herbal Blend (522.50 mg)
- Black Tea Leaves Extract (Camellia Sinensis): Same as the normal tea that you drink, black tea is high in polyphenols and antioxidants although not as beneficial as green tea.
- Coffee Bean Extract: Contains caffeine.
- Green Tea Leaves Extract (Camellia Sinensis) (9.6% EGCG = 50mg): Tea all comes from the same plant and the colour is dictated by how it is processed. Green tea undergoes less processing than black tea and as a result is higher in vital health giving antioxidants. ECGC (Epigallocatechin gallate) is a potent antioxidant found in green tea. It has many health benefits. Clinical testing evidence suggests that 200mg – 300mg helps maintain metabolic and cardiovascular health
- Yerba Mate Extract (Ilex paraguariensis) (500mg): Commonly consumed as herbal tea Yerba Mate has proven effective for weight loss because of its high levels of flavanoids and antioxidants. It has a stimulant effect due to the caffeine content. See our earlier article on Yerba Mate
- Grape Skin Extract (Vitis vinifera) (210mg): Recent research has suggested that Grape skin extract may be effective for reducing blood sugar levels and may have a role for the prevention of diabetes.
- Chrysin (200mg): Passionflower extract believed to have a hormonal effect i.e. raise testosterone and reduce oestrogen levels. No evidence it does any of this and has only been tested via test tube or animal experimentation
- Ginger Root Extract (Zingiber officinale) (200mg): This familiar spice with culinary use is often taken to treat stomach upsets. No evidence that it has an effect upon the speed of the metabolism.
- Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera) (125mg): Full of vitamin e , flavanoids and antioxidants, grape seed is effective for general health and may have specific medical benefits. Requires further testing.
- Dill Weed Extract (Anethum graveolens) (5mg): Culinary herb that goes well with fish but no particular relevance to weight loss.
So What Does All This Mean?
Appetrex Control contains vitamins and some ingredients that may be good for health but we cannot see how this supplement will really help you lose weight. In addition, some of the contents are a bit odd. Chrysin for example may have an effect upon oestrogen and testosterone but does not seem relevant to weight loss and in addition lacks clinical evidence.
What will work is a 1500-calorie diet taken over two weeks. Follow that and you are guaranteed to lose weight!
Does Appetrex Control Have Any Side Effects?
You may experience side effects. Some customers have reported issues with taking this diet pill and these include:
- Skin rash
- Facial redness
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
Some customers have reported jittery side effects. One customer reported;
What I did get a lot of was the jitters.
However, she noticed it was worst after drinking coffee so cut out caffeine and saw improvement
Instead of feeling jittery, I just felt like I had more energy.
Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you have or have had a hormonally related health issue such as breast cancer.
Do not take if you are sensitive to caffeine or have a medical condition related to heart or blood pressure. Speak to your doctor if you are taking prescription medication because of potential drug interactions.
Any Appetrex Control Reviews From Customers?
Yes, there are customer reviews available via the GNC website and also on Amazon.com. As ever, opinion is mixed.
Negative comments include;
Did absolutely nothing for appetite control.
I hate it
I was hoping that this worked but it did nothing I was really bummed out but hey is there really a magic diet pill?
If you are looking for an appetite suppressant, this may not be the best product. I took it for over a week and could tell no difference in energy or my eating preferences.
Positive reviews include;
My wife and I are using it and it has help start our diet, we are less likely to just eat with out really being hungry its a very good product and the amount is just right, no after effects like other pills no jittery moments. I feel good after taking the pill and the rest of the day until I get home for dinner.
I have been using this for quite a while. It has really helped with my appetite. I have been on a diet from my doctor and using these. I have lost 45 lbs in the last 4-5 months.
Some people have complained about the taste;
This tastes awful plus it burns when I swallow. I immediately follow this by chewing gum. I found that one pill is actually effective. Two is more than what I need. All in all the manufacturer could just change the coating & be done with it
I have tried a lot of diet pills and these really work, I would always end up jittery or feeling sick. These don’t do that. You feel energized and ready for your day and don’t feel bad when you come off them.
Surprisingly nobody has mentioned the associated 2-week diet plan.
So Does Appetrex Control Work?
Some people seem to think that it helps support weight loss but it obviously does not work for everyone.
The problem is that this diet pill does not really contain anything that is proven to reduce the appetite and although stimulants like caffeine can have this effect; according to GNC Appetrex control only contains 180mg caffeine per serving.
Many of the ingredients are unproven and although it seems that this diet pill is relatively safe and side effect free and contains antioxidants – does this really equate to reducing the appetite and weight loss? We don’t think it does.
In addition, the so-called clinical testing is on such a small scale it hardly seems worth mentioning. We could find no official scientific record of the clinical trial.
Where Can I Buy Appetrex Control?
You can buy Appetrex control direct from the GNC website.
One month’s supple of 60 capsules costs $29.99. The price is reduced to $19.99 if you join GNC and become a member. Flat rate shipping to US addresses is an additional $3.99
You may be able to buy GNC products direct from your country’s website, such as Spain, Australia and South Africa. However, GNC is not available so far to UK customers via a UK site.
You can also buy Appetrex Control (60 capsules) via various sellers from amazon.com for $19.18. Some sellers offer free shipping to US addresses.
What About A Guarantee
No money back guarantee is offered.
Appetrex Control is made by a well known supplements company and according to product information, this formula has been tested. However, the details of this one clinical test seem sketchy and unimpressive… We were unable to find any independent references to it and with only GNC’s advertising to go on, plus the fact that it was only tested on 30 people, we feel that you cannot take it seriously.
However if you did decide to try Appetrex Control and stuck to the 1500 calories a day diet plan you probably would lose weight. Alternatively, you could just try the 1500 calories a day diet plan and not bother with the supplement and you would undoubtedly lose weight too!
We like that Appetrex Control does not look too dangerous but there are some odd ingredients in the formula such as Chrysin so we could not recommend you to take it for health.
When it comes down to it, the main problem with Appetrex Control is that there does not appear to be anything in it to help you reduce your appetite or help you lose weight! Not great news for a supplement described as a diet pill so it is an easy decision. We reject Appetrex Control.
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
#1 Consumer Choice 2017: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >