Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse Review
Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse claims to help you lose weight and enjoy a better overall health through detoxification. It provides you with antioxidants that are supposed to eliminate free radicals from your system. It is supposed to improve your liver function to promote a full body cleanse. Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse contain a number of natural ingredients, but most of those ingredients are mild laxatives. In other words, the product relies on the concept of colon cleansing. However, scientific studies do not support this way of ‘detoxification’ because it can lead to dehydration that can cause several complications.
You will find milk thistle in the blend, which is considered a mild laxative. Moreover, it provides you with antioxidants that are supposed to improve the function of your gallbladder and liver. It also claims to help people suffering from alcoholic cirrhosis, but unfortunately, not many studies are there to support these claims. Many studies have found contradictory results, which is why it is hard to say if milk thistle is going to support your liver and promote detoxification or not.
It is worth mentioning that some experts believe that milk thistle may prevent liver damage because it provides you with compounds called silymarin. Again, you will not find enough scientific evidence to support these claims.
- In a 2007 review of 13 clinical trials, the independent Cochrane Collaboration questioned the use of milk thistle for alcoholic liver disease and hepatitis B and C because of the poor quality of the research. Moreover, nearly all studies have looked at milk thistle or silymarin in chronic liver disease; there’s little if any evidence the herb can “detoxify” or protect a healthy liver, though this is what these supplements are typically marketed for.
What it suggests is that you are less likely to experience any liver related benefits from milk thistle. Even when it works, it works for people who already have an unhealthy liver.
You will also find astragalus extract powder in the blend, which is supposed to lower inflammation in the body.
- Though Astragalus membranaceus supplementation has been shown to reduce the metabolic and physical complications of aging, there are currently no studies that show an actual increase in lifespan.
It is worth mentioning that preliminary research suggests that astragalus may offer some cardiovascular benefits, but it is not going to support your liver or promote weight loss in any way.
- The flavonoid content of Astragalus membranaceus may also contribute to its cardioprotective effects. Its polysaccharide content also protects the heart because it is a potent anti-inflammatory agent, and it is able to reduce cholesterol levels, similar to psyllium husk, which is a fiber supplement.
Another concern regarding the use of astragalus is that your body cannot absorb it properly. It has a very low bioavailability, which makes it quite ineffective, especially in case of Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse because you get no information about how much of it is there in the blend.
- 144mg rhodiola (SHR-5) with 2.3% salidroside was able to reduce fatigue, but not stressed, in a cohort of otherwise healthy persons after 1 week of supplementation. Source
Senna extract powder is also an ingredient in Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse. There is some evidence that it may help treat constipation. It contains sennosides that are supposed work as a laxative. However, you need to bear in mind that it may cause side effects and lead to electrolyte imbalance and potassium deficiency in some people. Similarly, it contains cascara sagrada, which is considered a laxative, but the FDA banned it initially because of a lack of supportive evidence.
You will also find slippery elm powder in Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse. Again, it has laxative properties and is quite ineffective for your liver. some evidence suggests that it may help treat coughs, sore throat, diarrhea, and constipation, but do not expect it to help you get rid of toxins. There is also insufficient scientific evidence to support the use of slippery elm for colitis, urinary tract infections, stomach ulcers, and gastrointestinal inflammation.
Spirulina is also there in Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse, which is actually a type of non-toxic algae and offers several health benefits because it contains protein, phycocyanobilin, and vitamin B12. It does nothing to help you lose weight, but some studies show that it might help lower your appetite by improving glucose metabolism. However, whatever little benefits you get from spirulina come from large doses.
- 2g Spirulina daily for 8 weeks was associated with an increase in power output and mean power output but not with muscular endurance. Source
Unfortunately, there is no information regarding the amount of spirulina present in Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse, which is why it is not possible to confirm whether it is going to offer any benefit or not.
Kelp powder is obtained from sea kelp, which is supposed to provide you with a compound called fucoxanthin. The compound is supposed to promote weight loss, but the problem is that many studies that observed positive effects of kelp included other ingredients as well.
- A 2010 publication of “Diabetes, Obesity and Metabolism” included the findings of a study on obese women and fucoxanthin, derived from brown seaweed (wakame). The compound was taken along with pomegranate seed oil. Scientists conducting the study found that women taking the supplement of kelp and oil showed overall decreases in liver and body fat content, as well as lower triglyceride levels and a smaller waist circumference.
How to Take Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse
Here is what the official site says about taking Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse:
- DIRECTIONS: Add 1 serving (1 fl. oz.) of concentrate to a quart (32 fl. oz.) of water. Shake to mix. Drink 1 full bottle of concentrate mixed with 1 quart of water throughout the day, every day, for 7 consecutive days. Do not use for more than 14 consecutive days. Natural ingredients may settle at the bottom of the container, so shake before each use. Use 7 Day Body Cleanse Dietary Supplement once every 30 days.
There is rhubarb in the blend as well. It has laxative properties, but it may also provide you with anthraquinones and tannins that are supposed to help treat gastric ulcer, chronic kidney failure, and pregnancy-induced hypertension. It does nothing to improve the health of your liver, and has no role to play in weight loss either. Keep in mind that rhubarb may increase the levels of oxalates in your body, which put you at an increased risk of developing kidney stones. While Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse is supposed to improve the health of your liver, studies show that many compounds in rhubarb may actually make liver function worse. This contradiction also makes people skeptical about trying Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse.
There is inulin in Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse, which is actually a type of dietary fiber. It feeds the healthy bacteria in your gut and helps by reducing constipation and suppressing appetite. With suppressed appetite, you are less likely to worry about overeating, which may help with weight loss. However, it really does nothing to improve liver function or support detoxification. Moreover, there are ingredients adding antioxidants to the blend, but again, you will not find sufficient scientific evidence suggesting that antioxidants from supplements can help improve your health. You will be better off eating whole food to get more fiber, and increasing your intake of antioxidants.
Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse Concerns:
- Ineffective ingredients
- Proprietary blend
- Possible side effects
- Not effective for weight loss
- Quite expensive
A supplement like Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse is not going to work a lot, because it does not contain scientifically proven ingredients. In fact, you need to bear in mind that studies do not support the idea of colon cleanse or liver cleanse. Your body has a built-in mechanism to deal with toxins, and you really do not have to do anything other than following a clean diet and maintaining an active lifestyle.
What Does Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse Claim To Do?
Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse claims to rid your body of toxins and improve your overall health. Here are some of its claimed benefits:
- Improves your immune system
- Increases your metabolism
- Boosts liver function
- Helps you lose weight effectively
- Protects you from infections
- Improves your digestive health
Does Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse Work?
Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse helps eliminate toxins from your body and relieve inflammation with the help of antioxidants. While its antioxidant content may help improve your health a little, it is not going to ‘detoxify’ your system. Most of the ingredients in Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse do nothing to promote better liver function. Milk thistle, for instance, has a mild laxative effect on your system and does nothing to support the function of your liver. The same is the case with astragalus, senna, slippery elm, chlorella, and rhubarb. It contains inulin that may improve your digestion a little, but do not expect anything out of the ordinary here. It is better to follow a clean diet to ensure that you do not put much strain on your liver in the first place. Do not rely on Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse, as it is not going to do much in terms of detoxification.
What Are The Ingredients of Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse?
Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse contains a number of ingredients, but the biggest issue is that it contains a proprietary blend. Therefore, it is not possible to tell if you are really going to get enough of each ingredient or not. Moreover, most of the ingredients are mild laxatives, so they are not going to help improve your liver function. Serving size is equal to 1 fl. oz./30 mL (1 packet).
Fully Body Cleansing Blend 2 g
- Nettle (Urtica dioica) (leaf) extract powder (10:1), Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) (seed) extract powder (4:1), Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) (root) extract powder (10:1), Senna (Cassia angustifolia)(leaf/pod) extract powder (20:1) (20% sennosides), Psyllium (Plantago ovata) (husk) powder, Buckthorn (Rhamnus frangula) (bark) powder, Cascara Sagrada (Rhamnus purshiana) (bark) powder, Slippery Elm (Ulmus rubra) (bark) powder, Chlorella (Chlorella pyrenoidosa) (broken cell) powder, Spirulina (Spirulina platensis) (whole cell algae) powder, Kelp (Laminaria digitata) powder, Inulin (Cichorium intybus) (root) powder, Rhubarb (Rheum palmatum) (root) extract powder (5:1) (5% hydroxanthracene), Aloe Vera (Aloe barbadensis) (leaf) powder
Superfood Antioxidant Blend 100 mg
- Carrot juice powder, elderberry fruit powder, chokeberry powder, hibiscus powder, blackcurrant juice powder, blueberry juice powder, pumpkin powder, cherry fruit powder, lemon fruit powder, apple juice powder
- Purified water, natural flavors, citric acid, agave nectar, potassium sorbate (to maintain freshness), stevia extract
Here is what the official website says about the ingredients:
- Senna Leaf: They are enriched with sennosides or anthraquinone glycoside compounds that are enriched with laxative properties which help ease bowel movements. They help accelerate weight loss* and aid with control of appetite. Its diuretic properties help with flushing out of the excess water. Help in the cleansing and detox of waste and toxins in the colon. Helps ease cases of constipation. Help better the functions of the digestive system.
- Astragalus: Enriched with anti-oxidants that help with neutralizing free radicals.
- Rhubarb Root: Its anthraquinone antioxidants help with preventing damage from free radicals and promoting regular bowel movements. Enriched with the polyphenols antioxidants that boost* the levels of metabolism which accelerates the burning of fats in the body and thus converted to energy. Its low glycemic index and high fiber content heighten the sense of satiety, helping you control your appetite. Lowers blood pressure levels promotes* bone health and block cholesterol chemicals.
- Psyllium Husk: Its high fiber content helps with constipation through the softening of stool and ease of bowel movements. Aids with digestive discomforts.
- Milk Thistle: Enriched with anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help in the detox and cleansing process. Helps neutralize free radicals. Lowers cholesterol levels. better health skin.
- Blue Green Algae/Spirulina: Helps with the flush out of toxins and waste in the body. Promotes* a healthy gut and health of the immune system. Helps lower blood glucose levels.
- Red Marine Algae: Detox and cleanse.
- Cascara Sagrada: It is extracted from the barks of the Cascara Sagrada plant and contains laxative properties. It promotes* the peristalsis process which helps ease the movement of food through the digestive system so as to better bowel movements and helps ease constipation.
- Buckthorn: Helps detox and cleanse the colon, lower the levels of cholesterols, controls appetite, has anti-inflammatory properties and anti-oxidant properties that help neutralize free radicals. Additionally; better cognitive abilities, improve* the health of the nervous system, helps against anti-aging of skin and increase* lymphatic circulation and lower eye soreness and sight.
Does Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse Have Any Side Effects?
Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse can cause several side effects because it contains a long list of ingredients. Most of the ingredients have laxative effects, so it is possible to develop diarrhea, gas, bloating, and other digestive problems. You need to keep in mind that ingredients like milk thistle and slippery elm can cause diarrhea, and lead to dehydration. You are also at an increased risk of potassium deficiency when trying to detoxify your body with laxatives. Some of its ingredients increase the levels of oxalates in the body, which can directly affect your liver function and kidneys. Since it uses a proprietary blend, nothing much can be said about the safety of other ingredients. You should avoid it if you have any preexisting conditions. Be sure to stay away from Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse when you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse?
Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse claims to help you get rid of toxins, but it seems that it fails to deliver positive results. For instance:
I have tried it once but it did nothing to improve my overall health. I did not notice any side effects though.
I have been using it for the last three days, but I am now feeling very tired. I think I am becoming dehydrated. I also experience some abdominal discomfort. I think I should stop taking it. Not recommended!
Does Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse does not come with a money back guarantee, but you may get it from some retailers.
Where Can I Buy Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse?
Arbonne 7 Day Body Cleanse is available for order through the official website, but some third-party retailers have it in stock too.