Some supplements and health products have incredibly long lists of their supposed benefits, to the point where they seem to offer a miracle solution to general health and happiness. BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea ‘combines the very best of the leading detoxifying, appetite suppression and beauty ingredients into one mix’, according to the manufacturers.
Below we take an in-depth look at BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea to see how this product could benefit the consumer.
BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea is designed to be drunk in the evening before bed to aid relaxation and sleep. The manufacturers also claim that the drink is an appetite suppressant that will help you lose weight while you sleep.
The full list of potential side effects that could be caused by the ingredients in BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea can be found below under the Side Effects Tab.
BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea can be purchased from the official BikiniBOD website, with a packet containing 14 sachets costing $24.99. Delivery charges may also apply. The product is also available to purchase from Amazon. Here a single pack also costs $24.99 plus delivery charges. Customers who have Amazon Prime can get free two-day delivery on their order.
These prices mean that each cup of Beauty Sleep Tea costs $1.79; compared to bulk-bought teas such as green, black or herbal teas, this is incredibly expensive per cup, but obviously it still works out cheaper than some coffee shop chains. The small number of servings per packet (14 sachets) means that customers who want to use this product daily will have to reorder the product regularly, or purchase the product in bulk; obviously we recommend trying the product properly before ordering in bulk!
Overall, we are not convinced that BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea is worth the relatively high cost per cup; the product is definitely on the more expensive side, compared to other sleep-aid teas.
The manufacturers do offer a 90-day money back guarantee, something that many tea sellers refuse to offer.
The customer reviews for Beauty Sleep Tea are generally positive, with the few negative reviews mentioning some mild side effects, or mentioning that they disliked the taste.
BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea appears to be a relatively effective (but still gentle) drink to help promote relaxation and calm before bed to improve and aid sleep.
We do not recommend BikiniBod Beauty Sleep Tea to our readers.
BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea Review
BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea is a tea intended to be drunk in the evening to aid sleep. However, the long ingredients list means that the product also has a long list of other supposed benefits.
The manufacturers state that Beauty Sleep Tea ‘is one-of-a-kind as it helps to curb late-night appetite, supports luminous skin, and assists in detoxifying, all while helping you achieve the coveted full night’s sleep’.
How to Take BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea
Directions for use are as follows:
Empty contents into a mug (if drinking hot) or glass (if drinking cold);
Pour 8 ounces of water over tea mixture and stir.
If drinking hot, enjoy! If drink cold, add ice to chill tea to your liking.
Beauty Sleep Tea is manufactured by BikiniBOD LLC, a company based in California, USA. The company can be contacted using the information found on their official website. They also have numerous active social media pages, including Instagram and Twitter.
BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea Concerns:
- Unlikely to aid weight loss.
- Proprietary formula – no individual ingredient quantities listed.
What Does BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea Claim To Do?
The manufacturers of BikiniBod Beauty Sleep Tea make the following claims about the teas benefits and how it works:
Beauty Sleep Tea combines the very best of the leading detoxifying, appetite suppression and beauty ingredients into one mix.
- Magnesium and 5HTP: promote relaxation and a sound sleep
- Rooibos and green tea: help with longevity
- Dandelion root and Garcinia cambogia: aid in detoxing and support appetite suppression
- Potassium and collagen: help maintain glowing skin
- Delicious sweet tea flavouring can be served both hot or cold
- Free Beauty Sleep 101 ebook (previously $10.99), which provides exclusive tips for how to become a more energetic, youthful you!
Our non-allergenic tea is gluten, soy, and dairy-free (and non-GMO!) and is manufactured in our state-of-the-art facility in sunny Southern California.
More specifically, the products benefits supposedly include:
- Supports beautiful skin with collagen.
- Supports well-being with rooibos with antioxidant properties.
- Supports appetite control.
- Helps to cleanse and detoxify.
- Promotes calm relaxed state and supports rejuvenating sleep.
Does BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea Work?
The manufacturers of BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea make so many claims about the various benefits of the beverage that it is likely that the product will live up to some of the claims made. However, looking at the ingredients profile, we suspect that the tea is not a great as claimed by the manufacturers.
Green tea contains catechins that could help to increase thermogenesis and slightly increase the consumer’s rate of weight loss, but we suspect that the quantities found in this tea are insufficient to make any noticeable difference to the consumer’s weight. Rooibos is a decaf tea that is naturally sweet, making it a great low-calorie beverage option, but its antioxidant properties are definitely overstated!
Garcinia cambogia is seemingly a fairly unpredictable weight-loss aid. In one study that is often misquoted, the participants who took Garcinia cambogia did lose weight whilst on the trial, but the placebo-taking group actually lost significantly more weight than the Garcinia cambogia-taking group. There are also studies that show no changes in metabolism, appetite or weight loss whilst using Garcinia cambogia. At best, Garcinia cambogia could aid weight loss in some people, but its mechanisms are not well understood, and it seems to be highly unpredictable at best.
Dandelion is a diuretic, and so may help to reduce bloating and water retention. However, you will end up going to the toilet a lot more often. Water retention can also be effectively treated by consuming less salt and drinking more water throughout the day.
5HTP could be beneficial, provided that it is present in sufficient quantities; it is used by the body to make serotonin and so could boost mood. Theanine does appear to induce a state of increased relaxation, and so should help the consumer to relax before bed, and to get a good night’s rest.
Overall, BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea appears to be a relatively effective (but still gentle) drink to help promote relaxation and calm before bed to improve and aid sleep. However, the product is also marketed as an appetite suppressant and weight-loss aid; although there are some ingredients that are clearly targeted at this, they are either ineffective or provided in insufficient quantities to actually make a difference to appetite or weight loss. This is reflected in the customer reviews, where customers report almost unanimously that they sleep incredibly, but fail to mention any weight loss or appetite suppression.
What Are The Ingredients of BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea?
The ingredients found in BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea are detailed below. The product contains a proprietary formula and so the individual ingredient quantities are not provided. A single stick pack, containing 2.8 grams of the tea powder contains 875 mg of the Beauty Sleep Proprietary formula.
- Magnesium 200 mg (50 % RDA)
- Potassium 99 mg (3 % RDA)
Beauty Sleep Proprietary Formula 875 mg
- L-Theanine: This amino acid is found in green tea, and may play a very small role in weight loss. More prominently, it helps to induce a state of increased relaxation. It may also reduce the negative side effects of caffeine, although there is seemingly no clinical evidence to support this claim.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine: There is some evidence that supplementation of acetyl-l-carnitine can reduce body fat, although the strongest results were seen in the elderly. The ingredient also boosts energy levels, and is used to treat fatigue.
- Dandelion Root: Primarily a diuretic and laxative.
- Garcinia Cambogia: Test tube and animal research suggests that HCA, the active compound in Garcinia Cambogia, may be helpful in weight loss because of its effects on metabolism. However, numerous studies in humans have found it has no effect upon either appetite or metabolic rate.
- Green Tea Extract: Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins, and also contains a small amount of caffeine. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a high-calorie diet.
- Rooibos Tea Powder: Also known as red bush tea, this tea is semi-sweet and caffeine free. Whilst it is promoted as a great source of antioxidants, testing suggests that the bioactive in this plant is not as potent as green tea’s catechins. They are also poorly absorbed by the body. It may help to lower blood glucose levels by moderately inhibiting carbohydrate absorption, but this has only been tested in rodents.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan: 5HTP is used by the body to make serotonin, which primarily plays a role in regulating mood. Some studies, primarily in animals, have shown that 5HTP reduces the appetite, as well as boosting mood.
- Hydrolysed Collagen: Hydrolysed Collagen is similar in form to gelatin. Although thought to be effective as a means of relieving joint pain and arthritis, there is no credible evidence supporting the use of collagen as a weight-loss aid. Collagen supplementation may also benefit skin quality over a prolonged period of time, but studies vary hugely regarding the relative effectiveness. The doses used in this tea are unlikely to have much of an effect.
- Bilberry: Contains tannins that can help to treat diarrhoea. It also probably helps to sweeten and flavour the tea.
- Cranberry: Rich in vitamins and antioxidants. Known to help prevent urinary tract infections, and contains salicylic acid (a painkiller, also in aspirin).
- Acerola: A berry that is rich in vitamin C.
Does BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea Have Any Side Effects?
Some of the ingredients found in BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea could cause a range of side effects.
Diuretic ingredients such as dandelion can cause dehydration. It is important to drink plenty of water throughout the day whilst using this product, as severe dehydration can lead to even more unpleasant and serious side effects. Caffeine also acts as a diuretic, and naturally occurs in green tea; it is unclear how much caffeine is present in each serving of BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea, if any (as it is unspecified whether or not it is decaffeinated green tea). Green tea can cause constipation.
ALCAR (Acetyl L-Carnitine) can cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, heartburn, diarrhoea, and seizures. It can also cause the urine, breath, and sweat to have a ‘fishy’ odour.
Garcinia Cambogia can cause some side effects including nausea, digestive tract discomfort, and headache. Its long-term safety is unknown, as clinical studies typically focus upon short-term use of up to 12 weeks.
Not suitable for anyone under the age of 18. Not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Contains diuretic ingredients and so may not be suitable for anyone who is taking blood pressure regulating medication, such as Warfarin. If you are unsure about the suitability of this or any other product for you, consult a healthcare professional before purchase. Collagen is typically sourced from animal or fish sources, and so this product is most likely not suitable for vegetarians or vegans.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea?
There are numerous customer reviews for BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea on the official sales page for the product. Some of the initial reviews appear to be written by people who were given the product for free as a part of the launch campaign for the product, making them obviously somewhat biased.
Waste of money. Gave me horrible stomach cramps and made me more bloated than I was before I drank it.
I love this tea. I think maybe those who haven’t had luck are thinking it’s a regular tea. Don’t let the name fool you! It’s dessert! I make mine hot and sometimes add a bit of cream and cinnamon. I sleep so soundly and my husband says he has never seen me sleep like this. ! I do tinkle more the next day but a co-worker told me it’s due to the detox properties so bring it on! at first I took it a little too late at night and a couple of times I was a bit groggy for about an hour after waking up, but now I have incorporated it into my night time routine and I go to bed a bit earlier … so much healthier than all of the pills I have taken over the years to get to sleep! Highly recommend giving it a try!
The customer service is wonderful. The product is much too sweet for me hot and makes nearly a full pitcher cold. I have found myself sipping it through the day rather than before bed so I may not be getting any of the benefits.
I did not like this. It taste like extreme sour fake brisk iced tea. I only tried it cold. It made me feel bloated and sick. And nauseous. I returned this and so not recommend.
The effects worth it. This stuff made me drowsy. It made me also gets up multiple times in the middle of the night not to mention gave me some serious cotton mouth?! I also woke up a little drowsy. But when I got up and looked in the mirror in the morning and saw my tummy all was good in the world!
I relaxed, didn’t munch, and woke up flat, nailed it! I’ve yet to meet a product live up to either its rave reviews or its claims until BIKINIBOD. That’s not an exaggerated statement. I sleep very little, and recently, waking up bloated w an extra pound has been discouraging although it makes sense when you create whole sub menus for late night snacking. This TEA worked the very first night and DELICIOUS is an understatement. I relaxed, slept better, didn’t munch, and woke up flat, nailed it!
One reviewer commented on “residue” in the cup; Garcinia Cambodia is impossibly difficult to dissolve completely even in boiling water, and it’s one of the ingredients (and an amazing appetite suppressant).
Boiling water and a good stir – no clumps, just a little residue at the bottom of the cup, when finished, but not enough to prevent me tipping the cup back to get every last drop!! Serenely calming, tasty, and above all else EFFECTIVE!! Thank you ladies!
Does BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
BikiniBOD offers a 90-day money back guarantee on their product range, when ordered from their official website.
Where Can I Buy BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea?
BikiniBOD Beauty Sleep Tea can be purchased from the official BikiniBOD website, with a packet containing 14 sachets costing $24.99. Delivery charges may also apply.
The product is also available to purchase from Amazon. Here a single pack also costs $24.99 plus delivery charges. Customers who have Amazon Prime can get free two-day delivery on their order.