BioTrust AbsorbMax is a formulation of digestive enzymes designed to assist the body in breaking down proteins, fats and carbohydrates so they can be digested properly to give us the benefit of increased and improved nutrient take-up. Without enough enzymes, not only do we miss out on nutrients, which just go to waste, but we can also suffer from inflammation, bloating, gas and difficulty losing weight.
We liked the idea of making the most of the nutrients in our food enough to look a little deeper into BioTrust AbsorbMax, and here’s what we found.
BioTrust AbsorbMax Pros
- Sugar-free, gluten-free, non-GMO
- Contains no caffeine or stimulants
- Very high quality of ingredients
BioTrust AbsorbMax Cons
- The high price
- Far too many marketing emails
- They don’t want you to take their product together with anybody else’s
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
Consider using the consumer #1 rated weight loss product – CLICK HERE
What You Need To Know About BioTrust AbsorbMax
Much of the fiber we eat is difficult to break down and digest. BioTrust AbsorbMax helps break down that fiber through a blend of 16 digestive enzymes that support the body’s natural enzyme production, which can decrease because of poor eating habits, aging or even plain stress.
What Are The Side Effects Of BioTrust AbsorbMax?
Even though all the ingredients are carefully sourced and checked, one of them – Bromelain, found in pineapple – can cause allergy, digestion and menstruation problems.
On the whole though, any side affects you may experience with BioTrust AbsorbMax could just be indications that your body is getting used to it.
How Much Does BioTrust AbsorbMax Cost?
If you order 1 bottle of 90 capsules, it’ll cost you $49.00. If you order 3 bottles that’d be $44.00 each (but unless you’re a math genius and can work it out in your head, you have to click on “Add to Cart” before discovering that’s a total of $132.00). Or if you want to splash out on 6 bottles at $39.00 each that’d be $234.00. And yes, we clicked on “Add to Cart” – just to check we’d calculated right, you understand.
An interesting little snippet on the BioTrust website regarding prices is an FAQ that goes:
Q: How long will this price be available?
A: We are unable to guarantee today’s pricing beyond today. Our pricing often changes due to the constantly changing prices of the high-quality, exotic ingredients used in AbsorbMax. To guarantee our lowest pricing, be sure to secure your order today.
Instilling a sense of urgency is an established marketing method, but we think this is taking things a little too far.
But then again, BioTrust do offer discounts every now and then.
Our Verdict On BioTrust AbsorbMax
We’re not too sure about BioTrust’s website management: the text on their AbsorbMax product page seems to have been lifted in its entirety from the pop-up window on their AbsorbMax shop page. That’s fine – anybody can copy and paste, but when you read down the product page and get told to choose which package you want “under the video image on this page” when there isn’t one, or click on “Add to Cart” when there’s no button to click on, then it makes us wonder just how thorough the rest of the BioTrust organization might be.
And when checking out other websites on Google – especially the once claiming to review AbsorbMax – we’re amazed to see so, so many of them that have either been written by a machine or by someone with no real grasp of the English language. Is this to keep BioTrust at the top of the search engine listings, we wonder?
We even checked out “BioTrust-Absorb-Max-Review:-How-Safe-and-Effective-is-this-Product?” which was actually the transcript of a call which started “Good morning, and afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to today’s CNH Industrial 2016 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results Conference Call. For your information, today’s conference is being recorded.”
If that isn’t internet spam, then what is?
We can’t help thinking all this might just be a ploy to keep any negative reviews way, way down the search result listings.
And as for the many, many marketing emails we received after giving out an email address just to see what happened, we’re starting to think that there’s more attention paid to marketing in order to get BioTrust AbsorbMax sold than to getting it made in the first place.
All in all, there’s a lot of marketing going on, in all sorts of formats – too much, in fact, for our liking. So on the basis that AbsorbMax is marketed really hard but isn’t specifically marketed as a weight-loss product, as far as we’re concerned it’s “thanks, but no thanks”.
The most popular consumer choice in 2017
With a combination of proven ingredients, superb customer service and a 60-day money-back guarantee, Phentaslim is making big waves in the diet world.
Find out why thousands of people are choosing Phentaslim to achieve their weight loss goals, and why it's also the editor's top selection.
Read the Watchdog Phentaslim review here.
BioTrust AbsorbMax Review
The body creates digestive enzymes to make sure food gets digested properly and we get the nutrients we need from it.
But when the body stops producing enzymes, or when those enzymes stop working for whatever reason, like chronic inflammation, weakened stomach acid, problems in the pancreas, Chron’s disease, Celiac disease and even just plain stress, that’s when all sorts of unpleasantness can start, including gas, bloating, inflammation, heartburn, constipation and weight gain.
And that’s where AbsorbMax comes in, to help break down food and raise your nutrient levels.
How to Take BioTrust AbsorbMax
Take one capsule at the start of each meal.
BioTrust AbsorbMax Concerns:
- Even though there’s a lot of seriously heavy-duty marketing going on, the product still suffers from a sloppy promotional website
- AbsorbMax is marketed as a digestion aid, and the marketing only hints at any kind of serious weight-loss
- Your body can become so dependent on enzyme supplements over time it might just stop producing its own enzymes, leaving you worse off when you stop taking those supplements than you were when you started
What Does BioTrust AbsorbMax Claim To Do?
BioTrust AbsorbMax claims to support:
-Optimal protein breakdown and absorption, including proteins from meat, dairy, plants, etc.
-Optimal carbohydrate breakdown and absorption, including the soluble and insoluble fibers in foods that tend to lead to gas and bloating.
-Optimal dietary fat breakdown and absorption
-Optimal breakdown of lactose, the sugar found in dairy that often leads to GI discomfort, gas, bloating, etc. Lactose intolerance is one of the most common food sensitivities (thought affect 33% of Americans)
-Enhanced breakdown of gluten via the inclusion of GlutenGone, dynamic duo of digestive enzymes shown to have powerful gluten-digesting capabilities
-Enhanced absorption of vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants and phytochemicals
-Enhanced delivery of nutrients to the cells of your body and specifically away from belly fat.
Does BioTrust AbsorbMax Work?
When it comes to increased nutrient uptake, there’s no reason to suppose the ingredients in BioTrust AbsorbMax won’t work, but how well it works as a weight-loss supplement is really up to the individual and their reaction to those increased nutrients.
So because it depends so much on how a person reacts to BioTrust’s claim to “Combat Food Intolerance that May Inhibit Fat Loss!” from here it looks like a case of maybe it does work as a weight-loss supplement … or maybe it doesn’t.
In which case, just to be on the safe side we’re going to have to reject BioTrust AbsorbMax.
What Are The Ingredients of BioTrust AbsorbMax?
BioTrust AbsorbMax contains three main ingredients to improve digestion and allow nutrients to be absorbed properly and transported to where they’re most needed in the body.
These are: ginger, cayenne pepper and coral trace minerals.
- Ginger: has long been proven to help lessen irritation and inflammation and is renowned for soothing the digestive system as a whole, no matter how that irritation or inflammation is caused.
- Cayenne pepper: contains capsaicin, which improves the efficiency of the blood flow in the stomach and intestines. It helps distribute nutrients away from the abdomen and around the body, as well as enhancing their absorption throughout the bloodstream.
- Coral trace minerals: are rich in calcium and contain every mineral the body needs. They improve blood circulation and cleanse the body throughout, especially within the digestive system.
Here’s the full list of the other ingredients, and what they do:
- Protease S and SP: enzymes that break protein down into amino acids.
- Aspergillopepsin and Peptidase: enable the body to digest gluten better.
- Amylase: an enzyme created in the body’s pancreas and saliva that starts off the conversion of starches into sugars.
- Glucoamylase: an enzyme that separates glucose from starch or maltose.
- Lipase: an enzyme that starts the process of breaking down fats to fatty acids.
- Lactase: an enzyme produced in the small intestine which breaks down the sugar that gives milk its sweetness and enables us to digest it completely.
- Alpha Galactosidase: an enzyme that not only helps digestion but also prevents the production of excess gas.
- Phytase: an enzyme that boosts the absorption of minerals such as calcium, magnesium and iron.
- Cellulase: an enzyme that helps convert the cellulose in plant material into glucose.
- Beta Glucanase: a group of enzymes that break down plant material and cereal grains into fiber.
- Hemicellulase: an enzyme that helps the body digest plant material other than cellulose.
- Pectinase: an enzyme that breaks down pectin, found in plant material.
- Xylanase: an enzyme that extracts nutrients from plant material and also helps reduce gas production.
- Bromelain: a protein extract derived from pineapple.
Capsule made of hydromellose, water and gellam gum.
Gluten-free and non-GMO.
Does BioTrust AbsorbMax Have Any Side Effects?
Bromelain, one of the enzymes contained in AbsorbMax can cause side effects such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and increased menstrual bleeding. It can react to kiwi fruit and some seeds and pollens, which could indicate a true allergy. If you’re allergic to pineapples, latex, wheat, celery, papain, carrot or fennel there’s the possibility that you’re also allergic to bromelain.
In general, though, there are very few side effects brought on by BioTrust AbsorbMax. But saying that, it could take your body a few weeks to adjust to improved nutrient uptake, during which time you may find yourself running to the bathroom more often, and if you had digestive problems before starting a course of BioTrust AbsorbMax you may find they become noticeably worse before they start getting better.
Not for children.
Don’t exceed the recommended dose.
Don’t use if you’re pregnant or breastfeeding.
Consult your physician or pharmacist if you’re taking other medications.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For BioTrust AbsorbMax?
Not on the BioTrust website itself – but yes, there are comments there in the BioTrust forum.
We also looked elsewhere on the web and did find reviews, including this one, which we quote in full here:
Been using several of their products for a few months and no change. As a matter of fact! I feel worse than I ever have.
Now we have to admit that review isn’t specifically for BioTrust AbsorbMax, but we feel we should say that we found it on a review website, together with a personal response from BioTrust’s Director of Nutrition and Exercise offering to provide guidance in a range of related areas. And there were many, many more with personal responses from BioTrust. Talk about a charm offensive.
We’ve found complaints about the difficulty of getting a refund, even though there’s a full 365-day money-back guarantee, along with complaints about other BioTrust products not being as effective as the customer had hoped.
Does BioTrust AbsorbMax Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Indeed it does. For a whole year. And even on bottles you’ve already emptied.
Where Can I Buy BioTrust AbsorbMax?
Yes, you can order direct from the BioTrust website… and no, you can’t get caught up in an auto-ship program. You put in an order, you get what you ordered and that’s it.
Listings for BioTrust AbsorbMax do appear on eBay and Amazon, but they’re very few and far between – last time we checked there was only one listing on eBay and five on Amazon, where you could be the first to review this item.
And if you want to sell BioTrust products, there’s an affiliate program you can sign up for – just check the small print at the bottom of their web pages.
#1 Consumer Choice 2017: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >