Jennifer Lopez is the celebrity endorser of the Body Lab range of weight loss products, stating that their range of products is one of the secrets behind maintaining her figure. But, with sales of the Body Lab range of products booming, can consumers really trust a celebrity paid to promote the product, who undoubtedly has personal trainers, a gruelling work-out regime and a strict diet plan to obtain and keep her in shape?
Below we take an in-depth look at Body Lab’s 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit to see just how effective it really is.
Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit Pros
- 30 Day money back guarantee
Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit Cons
- Lots of capsules to take
- Expensive for a 7 day supply
- Mixed customer reviews
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit Review
The product is manufactured by an American company called Body Lab. They describe their product range as ‘An innovative, research-based line of health and fitness formulas designed specifically for a woman’s body.’ Like their other products, there is no clear explanation as to how the Ultra Fast Slim Kit is designed specifically for women.
The Ultra Fast Slim Kit is a product to be used at the start of a weight loss program to kick-start the consumer’s weight loss. It consists of three different supplements, with consumers taking a total of eight capsules per day for the first week, followed by a single capsule per day for the next week.
How to Take Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit
Adults take two (2) capsules of the Detox & Cleanse component with a full glass of water, twice per day, morning and early evening, for 7 days.
Do not exceed four (4) capsules per day. Do not use for more than seven (7) consecutive days.
Adults also take two (2) capsules of the Thermodynamic Total Burn in the morning and two (2) capsules with your main (largest) meal, for a total not to exceed four (4) capsules daily. Always take with a full glass of water.
Use in conjunction with any sensible diet and exercise program.
Individual results will vary.
Following the 7-day Detox & Cleanse and Total Fat Burning period, take one (1) Probiotic capsule per day with a full glass of water for seven days.
One of the three capsules that need to be taken is Thermodynamic Total Burn, which is available as a separate product. We have previously reviewed the product here, and found it to be a poor dietary aid.
Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit Concerns:
- Lots of capsules to take
- Not a long term weight loss solution
- Lots of potential side effects
What Does Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit Claim To Do?
The manufacturers, Body Lab, have described the Ultra Fast Slim Kit as follows:
When you want to see results, and see results fast, there’s nothing better than the 7-Day Ultra Fast Slim Kit, the ultimate way to cleanse and detoxify the female body and kick-start the fat-burning process.It has been shown that achieving successful weight loss in the first week of a new lifestyle intervention has a predictive power of achieving long term success in weight loss and health for women. The 7-Day Slim Kit is a complete system designed to kickstart the BodyLab lifestyle.
Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit is a complete 3-part, 7-day system. Each type of capsule plays a different role.
- Triple Process Detox & Cleanse (28 capsules): Helps reduce belly bloat and body waste build-up so you feel lighter and more energized.
- Thermodynamic Total Burn (28 capsules): The ultimate thermogenic formula for powerful fat burning, increased metabolic rate and enhanced energy.
- Probiotic Replenishment (7 capsules): Helps replenish healthy bacteria and restore intestinal balance.
So What Is Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit and What Are The Ingredients?
There are three different capsules that make up the Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit. The ingredients for each are listed below. Each contains a proprietary formula, and so individual ingredient quantities are not listed. The purple Detox and Cleanse capsules contain the following ingredients per serving of two capsules:
A Proprietary Blend Containing: (820 mg
The Thermodynamic Total Burn Capsule contains the following ingredients per two capsule serving:
A Proprietary Blend Containing: 866 mg
- Citrus (fruit) Extract: Presumably this refers to bitter orange. Synephrine and other active components found in bitter orange peel has been proven to raise the metabolism and aid weight loss. However there are some concerns about its safety.
- Guaraná (fruit) Extract: A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills.
- Coffee (bean) Extract: Contains caffeine. Whilst it was thought that this ingredient was a significant aid in weight loss, the relevant research has been discredited as it was fraudulent. Currently there is no evidence that it aids with weight loss more than any other source of caffeine.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Alpha lipoic acid is used in the body to break down carbohydrates and to make energy for the other organs in the body. Research links long term supplementation of large quantities of this antioxidant (1800mg per day) with some weight loss.
- Cacao (Theobroma cacao) (seed) Extract: Typically used to make chocolate because of its cacao content, there is little evidence explicitly this ingredient with weight loss. It is a stimulant, but as it is even milder than caffeine, it is unlikely to aid weight loss.
- Kola (seed) Extract: Kola nut has been studied in relation to weight loss, but in conjunction with ephedra, a substance that is now banned in the U.S due to severe side effects. As a source of caffeine, Kola Nut may boost the metabolism mildly. In animal studies, regular use of kola nut over a month resulted in a decrease in both appetite and body weight.
- White Willow (bark) Extract: Willow bark contains salicin, which acts a painkiller, and is thought to be as effective as aspirin. There is some evidence that when taken in conjunction with kola nut and ephedra, it can cause weight loss. It does not seem to have been tested on its own for weight loss properties.
- Cayenne (fruit) Powder: Some studies suggest that cayenne could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show that cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
Finally, the pink Probiotic capsule contains the following ingredients per single capsule serving:
- A Proprietary Blend Containing: 429 mg
- Fenugreek (seed) Powder: As above.
- Slippery Elm (bark) Powder: Used to soothe sore throats and upset stomach complaints, including both constipation and diarrhoea.
- Marshmallow (root) Powder: As above.
- Fennel (seed) Powder: Fennel may work as a laxative by relaxing the colon.
- Bacillus Coagulans: A bacteria that forms lactic acid in the stomach, may treat diarrhoea, and is thought in general to be a ‘beneficial bacteria’.
- Antioxidant Fruit Blend consisting of: Grape (seed) Extract, Blueberry (fruit) Powder, Cranberry (fruit) Powder, Sour Cherry (fruit) Powder, Plum (fruit) Powder, Raspberry (fruit and seed) Concentrate, Strawberry (fruit) Powder, Bilberry (fruit) Powder, Grape (fruit) Powder, Bilberry (fruit) Extract, Blueberry (fruit) Extract
So What Does All This Mean?
The Thermodynamic Total Burn formula is the same formula used in Thermodynamic Total Burn, which is also sold separately. We have previously reviewed this product, and found that consumers were generally unimpressed with the product, its effects and side effects.
The detox and cleanse and probiotic replenishment parts of this product contains several laxatives, which can give the impression of weight loss from increased bowel movements and a loss of water weight. This weight loss is not permanent, and in no way affects fat mass within the body.
The antioxidants provided by the fruit blend may assist with general health. The probiotic formula contains laxatives, but also contains several ingredients that are thought to treat diarrhoea, which could prevent this formula from being an overly-strong cleanse.
Does Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit Have Any Side Effects?
There are numerous ingredients used in the three formulas present in the Ultra Fast Slim Kit that could cause a variety of side effects. The manufacturers warn about some side effects, although this is unlikely to be a complete list: Possible side effects of the Triple Process Detox & Cleanse & Probiotic Replenishment formulas include cramping, nausea, and frequent diarrhoea.
Limit the use of xanthine-containing (i.e., caffeine and caffeine-like stimulants) supplements, foods, or beverages while consuming the Thermodynamic Total Burn formula because stimulants may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness and occasionally, rapid heartbeat.
Customers have reported a variety of side effects including stomach aches, headaches, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting, muscle cramps, dizziness, low blood sugar levels, weight gain, constipation, bloating and gas.
The detox and cleanse and probiotic replenishment parts of this product contains several laxatives, meaning that it is not suitable for long term use. Long term use of laxatives can cause dependency as the bowel’s muscles become weakened over time, and can cause a deficiency of electrolytes, which can lead to an array of health problems and side effects.
Do not exceed suggested daily serving.
Not for use by individuals under the age of 18 years.
Do not use if pregnant or nursing.
Consult your physician before use if you are taking medication, are sensitive to stimulants, or have a medical condition.
If you are allergic to Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid) or other salicylates, do not use this product.
Discontinue use two weeks prior to surgery.
Use only as directed.
Keep out of reach of children.
Any Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit Reviews From Customers?
The product is available from three different websites that all have easy to operate review facilities, and so there are plenty reviews for Ultra Fat Slim Kit.
So I have now finished day 4 of 7. I am bloated, gassy and have not really felt any sense of detox or relief whatsoever yet. I am doing weight watchers so I eat very healthy and I have exercised three times this week at 3 miles walking each time. I am not even down a pound. My stomach gurgles a lot but as the saying goes, “all talk and no action”. Very disappointing! Thought I would be worried about excessive bathroom usage but instead I’m just waiting for all those feelings they said I would have on the box, especially the no bloating. I will finish the last three days but I don’t feel very hopeful at this point! 🙁
The box has a warning on it saying that a chemical in the pill is “known to cause birth defects”. Ummm, no thanks. Sent it back. That should have been put in the item description!
I am on the end of day 2 and I have lost 5 lbs. It cleans you out, a little bloating so far but working for me… will write another review in a couple of days.
I used this faithfully for 6 days, doesn’t do much other than make me gassy as heck! I did feel a little more energized in the morning, but overall this really did nothing for me. I MIGHT have lost a pound?? I did not feel any sense of detoxification or any of the other claims. Would not recommend – don’t waste your money…
After finishing the product I lost 4 lbs. and bloating decreased. I noticed more energy throughout the days and did feel better. This is not a colon cleanse so don’t expect to be going to the bathroom a ton or the results you would get from a typical colon cleanse. It’s a minor detox. and can help you reduce minor bloating. It’s not a miracle drug so eating and drinking clean is key… I would buy it again.
So Does Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit Work?
The customer reviews show mixed results; on both the Walmart and amazon sales pages, there are more one star reviews than five star reviews, with many consumers either noticing no results whatsoever, gaining weight, or experiencing a variety of side effects.
That being said, there are still numerous customers who report a decrease in bloating and some weight loss.
The ingredients list is extensive, but contains a significant number of different laxatives. This will cause weight loss temporarily, but will not affect fat mass or weight loss in the long term.
Where Can I Buy Body Lab 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit?
The Ultra Fast Slim Kit costs $29.99 for a one-time order of a single bottle from the Body Lab website.
Customers can also sign up for the company’s auto-ship program, with subsequent deliveries of the diet pill costing the reduced price of $23.99 per bottle. However, we do not recommend signing up for auto-ship programs such as this, even with reputable companies or websites.
Customers can easily end up with a surplus of the product, or forget about the delivery and be left out of pocket. Some companies make it difficult to cancel the auto-ship program, as they have trained customer service representatives to talk customers out of cancelling.
The product is also available from amazon, costing $22.50 plus delivery. Delivery is free when spending more than $35. The product is available from Walmart’s website, and may be sold in some Walmart stores, although availability and price may vary. The Ultra Fast Slim Kit is listed Walmart’s website as costing $19.88 per packet, plus delivery charges.
What About A Guarantee
Body Lab offer a 30 day money back guarantee on the products purchased directly from their website. This guarantee starts from the date the products are delivered to the customer. Products purchased from another retailer may not be covered by a money back guarantee.
Overall, we are not impressed by Body Lab’s 7-day Ultra Fast Slim Kit. The product contains lots of laxatives, and so will create the impression of weight loss through increased bowel movements and loss of water weight.
One of the capsules that consumers need to take is the Thermodynamic Total Burn, another product available from Body Lab that we have previously reviewed and rejected. Customers have noted a variety of side effects, and many have reported a lack of weight loss or even weight gain.
Customers have to take a huge amount of capsules throughout the day, which is inconvenient. The company does offer a 30 day money back guarantee, but they are also the most expensive supplier of their own product.
A seven day product that cannot be used regularly because of its laxative ingredients is unlikely to aid significant amounts of weight loss. Overall, the product does not live up to its name of being an Ultra Fast Slim Kit, and so we cannot recommend this product to our readers.
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
#1 Consumer Choice 2017: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >