New Nordic’s Chili Burn diet pills claims to be the result of 7 years of development and backed by “recent science” that prove it helps to burn more calories. We take a look to see if this supplement is a powerful enough fat burner that really shifts the pounds!
As you name suggest, Chili Burn contains the hugely popular ingredient, red chili pepper, found in a number of diet pills on the market at the moment. How does Chili Burn stand up against the competition, let’s find out.
Chili Burn Pros
- Contains some good ingredients
- Reasonable priced diet pill
Chili Burn Cons
- Lacks full ingredient profile by retailers
- Lacks references to clinical studies
- No manufacturer money-back guarantee
- Possibility of side effects
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
Chili Burn Review
Chili Burn is a weight loss supplement manufactured by Scandinavian company, New Nordic, who have been producing supplements for 20 years.
Although supposedly available from leading UK high street stores we were only able to find it in Boots and Holland and Barrett. In keeping with the red chilli pepper theme, the box is a striking red colour. It’s reasonably priced too at just over £20.
We asked the staff about the product but they seemed to know very little about it, other than the information presented on the box. It’s worth pointing out that when taking Chili Burn the serving size changes after two weeks, so that it is recommended that you take 2 tablets twice per day (so 4 tablets per day) for the first two weeks. After this time you reduce the dosage to just 2 tablets per day.
We picked up our sample and got to work delving into Chili Burn, the company behind it and how effective it could be for weight loss. Encouragingly we couldn’t find any online reports of scams against New Nordic or about Chili Burn. They appear to be an established company who stock their products in reputable UK high stores.
Chili Burn Concerns:
- Lack of product information with NO ingredient amounts listed by retailers
- Lack of consumer testimonials, few which report mixed feedback
- Possible side effects may cause gastro esophageal reflux
What Does Chili Burn Claim To Do?
Chili Burn claims to offer a simple solution to help consumers to manage their weight, to keep their current weight and ensure a healthy digestion.
Using natural ingredients that combine the potent fat burning and antioxidant properties of chilli pepper and green tea (epigallocatechins) you can:
- Help increase fat metabolism
- Help manage your weight with a calorie restricted diet and exercise program
- Promote and aid a health digestion
So What Is Chili Burn and What Are The Ingredients For Chili Burn?
All the ingredients used in Chili Burn capsules are 100% natural, disappointingly all the online retailers we found DO NOT reveal the ingredient amounts!
We were able to find the ingredient amounts by looking at the manufacturers’ website though. So let’s take a closer look at the ingredients in each Chili Burn capsule:
- Chili Pepper (12mg): The active ingredient within red peppers responsible for the flavour and spicy taste. A popular ingredient found in many diet pills today due to its potential fat burning properties. Found in Chili Burn in fairly low quantities but in higher amounts may help burn up to 278 more calories per day, at rest and during exercise.
- Green Tea (486mg): Potent source of catechins suggested to have positive weight loss results along with other health benefits, such as reducing cardiovascular disease, inflammation and possibly reducing chances of cancer. Chili Burn contains 145mg of the most active catechin (Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG)) and a common ingredient in diet pills due to its fat burning properties.
- Dill seed (150mg): Also known as Anethum graveolens, native to the Mediterranean and southern Russia and is the fruit of the dill plant. Naturally high in mineral salts with a number of uses from freshening breathe to use in spreads and seasoning. It has been shown that the oil in dill seeds have mild antibacterial properties that could be used to treat indigestion, flatulence and stomach cramps.
- Ginger Root (50mg): Used as a spice and in tea, it’s been used for centuries in folk medicine as it is now known to contain antioxidants. Little or no evidence to support evidence for weight loss.
- Peppermint oil (4.5mg): Peppermint has been used for traditional medicine for centuries and more recently for flavouring and tea due to its high menthol content. Peppermint oil has been found to significantly reduce symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). In high doses can irritant the stomach.
So What Does All This Mean?
Chili Burn relies on Chili Pepper and Green Tea to enhance fat burning by boosting metabolism whilst the Dill seed works to soothe the stomach and aid digestion.
If you are familiar with our reviews you will know that we are NEVER keen on diet pills that fail to disclose the ingredient amounts and supply scientific studies to backup claims. For the simply reason it makes it impossible to know if sufficient active ingredients exist to actually work! In fairness New Nordic DO reveal the ingredients but all the retailers who stock Chili Burn that we could find DON’T. No scientific data is referenced though.
Never buy or consume a product where there is no indication of what is in it!
Does Chili Burn Have Any Side Effects?
You are advised not to take Chili Burn if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or suffer from allergies without seeking professional medical advice.
There looks to be other possible concerns when taking this supplement too, ensure you don’t suffer from any of the following medical conditions.
Caution: If you suffer from any of these conditions you should seek advice from your doctor prior to using: gallstones, stomach ulcers or inflammation, liver disorders, anemia, hiatus hernia, iron deficiency.
Adverse Reactions Possible: Most retailers warn that gastro esophageal reflux hypersensitivity may be experienced by some consumers! If you do experience such symptoms you should discontinue taking Chili Burn immediately.
Any Chili Burn Reviews From Customers?
Although it’s been on the market for sometime there is a real lack of consumer feedback on Chili Burn, which is always a bit of a concern.
What little feedback there is available is mixed with one consumer reporting:
Don’t waste your money, as my title says the only lbs you will loose will be the £17 -£20 you spend when buying them. They don’t even give the small energy buzz that other slimming tablets give you, although I have noticed they helped with wind & bloating.
In contrast L. Mallard from the UK reported:
I first bought this product at Holland and Barrett. When I starting using this product I found that it worked really really well.
It’s worth considering that the consumer combined Chili Burn with regular exercise and reduced calorie diet:
My weight loss plan also included calorie restriction (less than 1500 calories a day on average, I use calorie cycling and find it is really helpful) and some light exercise.
So Does Chili Burn Work?
As with other red chilli based diet pills, the main ingredients are Chili Pepper and Green tea, a popular ingredient found in many weight loss supplements.
Studies on red pepper and Capsaicinoids (the active component in chilli peppers) have been shown to enhance metabolism, increase energy expenditure and help to reduce calorie intake.
There is very little Chili pepper in Chili Burn, far less than other Chili diet pills on the market, for example the leading competitor Capsiplex has 3 times more the amount of Chili pepper! Unlike Capsiplex who references supporting studies for its claims, Chili Burn makes no such attempts. Instead you are to take New Nordic’s word that it will burn more calories.
Looking at Green Tea, there is a lot of anecdotal evidence to suggest it has positive health benefits due to its potent antioxidant properties. There is caffeine present in Green Tea and it is thought when combined with the properties of the catechins (epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG) may boost metabolism and reduce fat.
In summary, whilst both Chili Pepper and Green Tea have some scientific data to support increased metabolism and promote fat burning, Chili Burn contains very little Chili Pepper in comparison to other similar diet pills on the market.
Where Can I Buy Chili Burn?
Chili Burn is available in UK high street shops such as Holland and Barrett, Boots, Lloyds Pharmacy, and Tescos. The supplement is also available through online retailers such as Holland and Barrett, who also offer worldwide shipping.
The manufacturer doesn’t appear to offer a money-back guarantee.
The supplement is reasonably priced costing around £21 ($28) for a box of 60 capsules.
Find out more: Holland and Barrett
We have some concerns over Nordic’s Chili Burn diet pills.
Firstly, it’s been on the market for some time and yet lacks any credible consumer testimonials. The few that are available give mixed feedback!
Secondly, no individual ingredient amounts are disclosed by retailers meaning it is impossible to know if sufficient ingredients actually exist. There is simply NO WAY to know for sure if it works!
Lastly, there is little information about the product, with no clinical data to back up any claims and what looks to be no manufacturer money-back guarantee.
The chilli diet pill market is competitive with a number of supplements using this ingredient that Chili Burn simply doesn’t stand up to the competition! For these reasons we reject Nordic’s Chili Burn diet pills!
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
#1 Consumer Choice 2017: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >