Colon Renewal comes from an American Marketing Consultant company called Difgar Enterprises, which is based in Illinois. The company are not publicised in the advertising and apart from the information on the product bottle, and the name Sure Health Today, that’s as far as it gets with contact details. There is no official product website for Colon Renewal; instead this supplement seems available only via Amazon.
Colon Renewal is essentially a bulk forming laxative, which means that it adds bulk to stools in order to help them pass more easily through your body, and if you struggle with constipation this supplement may help. However taking laxatives on a regular basis is not good for health, and can lead to additional medical issues such as dehydration and dependency. Colon Renewal lacks any real information regarding the ingredients quantities, and the fact that there is no product website and no real health company behind this supplement is of major concern.
Prolonged laxative use can lead to dehydration. Symptoms include; thirst, dry mouth, fatigue, dizziness, heart palpitations, confusion, fainting, inability to sweat or urinate, and fever. It can also cause your body to become dependent on laxatives.
Colon Renewal is expensive compared to other OTC laxatives. It is only available on Amazon where it costs $39.99 for 90 capsules (1 month’s supply if used as recommended)
The ingredients list for Colon Renewal is not too bad. The formula is made up of bulk forming laxatives composed of fibre, and these are well known for adding bulk to stools, easing bowel movements. However you should not use Colon Cleanse as recommended. Long term use of laxatives can be extremely dangerous for health, and cause more side effects than benefits. In our opinion, Colon Renewal may be OK for occasional use if you have constipation, but should certainly not be used long term as recommended.
Colon Renewal Review
Colon cleansing is a controversial practice. Cleansing your digestive system, which essentially means taking a powerful laxative, is a health practice that dates back thousands of years. The ancient Egyptians believed in it, and throughout the centuries people have taken purges in order to remove poisons believed to inhabit the body.
These days colon cleansing and detoxing is still popular. Many people believe that purging your body has numerous health benefits and is good for weight loss, skin, energy, and digestive health.
Colon Renewal contains a blend of well known fibre rich ingredients. These include Psyllium husks – a fibre that is included in many well known constipation medications such as Fibrogel. Other fibres include oat bran flax powder and black walnut powder. The supplement also contains Bentonite Clay, natural clay high in volcanic material that is sometimes taken as a bulk laxative. All these ingredients are laxatives that work by adding bulk to stools, which enables you to open your bowels more easily.
Other ingredients in Colon Renewal include Glucomannan powder and apple pectin powder, which are generally more often seen in weight loss products because they cause feelings of fullness in the stomach. Glucomannan can be an effective weight loss ingredient if taken in sufficient quantities. Take a look at the ingredients tab to find out more.
How to Take Colon Renewal
- Take 3 capsules daily
- We advise that you drink plenty of water while using this supplement
Overall Colon Renewal does not look too bad as a colon cleansing supplement. It does not contain stimulant laxatives such as Senna which work by stimulating the bowel. Instead they work by adding bulk to stools, in order to help them pass through the body more easily.
Although many people believe in the benefits of taking laxatives, and of course they can be useful if there is a medical issue or reason for using them, the health advice regarding colon cleansing is not as favourable. Doctors agree that there is no benefit to health for taking laxatives and it can be dangerous to health. Long term use can lead to digestive issues, cause dependency, and dehydration.
Taking colon cleansing supplements for perceived health benefits is not something that is recommended by doctors.
Colon Renewal Concerns:
- Taking laxatives long term could be dangerous to health
- Lack of independent feedback
- No background information – Company advertises a guarantee but there are no details about how to claim it
Colon Renewal in its suitably medical looking bottle looks like a reputable supplement, but in truth there is no background information about the company behind the supplement or any real ingredients list.
According to the label, this supplement comes from a company called Sure Health Today, but digging deeper we have identified this company as an American Marketing company called Difgar Enterprises, based in Illinois. There is no product website or any real contact details, and this company obviously have not manufactured this supplement themselves. This lack of background information is of concern. Source
What Does Colon Renewal Claim To Do?
“Looking for a colon cleanse detox supplement that actually works? Give your digestive system the ingredients and nutrients it needs to reduce bloating & fatigue, increase energy and burn fat.”
The product information describes the ingredients,
“Colon Renewal blends 10 natural & herbal ingredients to detox and cleanse the body.”
There is an explanation about the colon too,
“The colon is a vital organ. Part of the gastrointestinal tract, the colon is where vitamins and mineral are absorbed through fluid that passes through and where waste is produced. A healthy colon will do its job, ensuring that the foods you eat provide you with all the nutrients you consume while encouraging the production of natural probiotics.”
According to the advertising,
“Colon Renewal helps flush waste while strengthening and restoring healthy tissue, using natural ingredients to boost good bacteria for a stronger immune system. Colon Renewal works as a fast and easy way to detox and gets rid of chemicals, wastes and other harmful toxins polluting your system and causing long-term digestive problems.”
There are five key points;
- FAST & EFFECTIVE WAY TO RESTORE DIGESTIVE HEALTH
- CLEANSES & DETOXIFIES YOUR BODY
- PROMOTES REGULAR & HEALTHY BOWEL MOVEMENTS – Processed foods, dehydration and excessive alcohol consumption can result in bloating, irregular bowel movements and painful constipation. Colon Renewal helps regulate your system by cleansing your body of this build up, and allowing your colon to absorb more water and nutrients.
- AIDS WEIGHT LOSS & ALLEVIATES BLOATING
- 120-DAY MANUFACTURER’S GUARANTEE
All these are the usual claims associated with colon cleansers.
The claim about the 120-day guarantee caught our eye. It sounds good of course and presumably you can contact the company via Amazon, but we have yet to find anyone who has actually tried to get a refund from this company.
Does Colon Renewal Work?
It probably will work as a laxative. So if this is something you are looking for, it will probably be effective. However we have concerns that you are supposed to take this supplement every day. Taking laxatives long term can lead to all sorts of problems including fatigue, dehydration, and a dependency on laxatives to make your bowels work.
Taking laxatives for weight loss is not advisable, and there is zero evidence that this supplement will improve your health and energy and make you burn fat.
There are countless bulk laxatives on the market and we can see no real reason why Colon Renewal is any better than many others.
What Are The Ingredients of Colon Renewal?
Serving size is equal to three capsules. Ingredients quantities are unknown because this information is masked by the use of a proprietary blend.
Each 3 capsule serving is equal to 2250 mg:
- Aloe Vera: Succulent cactus type plant which contains a gel substance within the leaves. This latex is often used topically for burns and skin conditions. When taken internally it is often a treatment for constipation. Unsafe in high doses and can lead to kidney problems and diarrhoea. Quantities contained in this supplement are unknown, and it should not be used long term. Source
- Apple Pectin Powder: Pectin is high in fiber, so it is a great regulator of the digestive system, and apples are an excellent source of the natural soluble fiber.
- Flaxseed: Natural fibre that adds bulk to stools and is a natural laxative for this reason. Including more fibre into your diet will keep your bowels working regularly. Fiber is an essential ingredient to a healthy diet, because it helps move waste out of the body quickly.
- Prune: Everyone knows that prunes are natural laxatives. This is because they contain dihydroxyphenylisatin and sorbitol, both of which are natural laxatives, as well as insoluble fiber that helps waste pass through your body, keeping you regular.
- Konjac root: Konjac is also known as glucomannan, This Asian medicinal plant it is also used as a weight loss treatment because it absorbs water, increasing feelings of fullness. According to research, Konjac root increases buyrytic acid in the body, which in turn improves bowel health and helps keep bowel movements regular. Source
- Bentonite Clay: This natural volcanic clay has many industrial uses, but is often taking as a laxative too. According to the product information, this cleansing clay helps draw toxins out of the body while leaving behind vital nutrients, including calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium. The FDA rates Bentonite as “generally regarded as safe” as a food additive. Source
- Black Walnut Hull Powder: High in natural chemicals called tannins; Black walnut powder is often taken as an herbal remedy for worms. There is insufficient evidence to prove these claims, but as it has a long history of traditional use, it seems likely that there is something in it. However. Long term safety is unknown so you should not take long term.
- Oat Bran Powder: Oat bran is a soluble fiber good for digestive health. It works to improve bowel function.
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus: Probiotics or good bacteria can help restore the balance between the good and bad bacteria in your gut, which is vital to healthy digestive function. Source
Does Colon Renewal Have Any Side Effects?
This supplement may cause side effects. It is important to point out here that long term effects of ingredients such as Black Walnut powder are unknown, and in addition there is no information regarding ingredient quantities.
Potential side effects may include:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Joint pain (Bentonite)
- Kidney issues
- Risk of introducing infection into body if immune system already compromised
Taking laxatives such as Colon Renewal long term may lead to further complications. Laxatives can cause dehydration. Symptoms of dehydration include:
- Dry mouth
- Heart palpitations – such as sensation of pounding heart or rapid beat
- Inability to sweat or urinate
Long term use of laxatives can cause your body to become dependent on them, in order to pass bowel movements. This applies more to stimulant laxatives than bulk laxatives such as this, but is still a risk.
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Do not take if your immune system is already weakened because probiotics can introduce bacteria into the body. Speak to your physician before using if you have an underlying medical condition, or are taking prescription medication.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Colon Renewal?
Colon Renewal is on sale via Amazon, and many customers have an opinion about this supplement.
The majority of feedback is positive, however many customers say they have received free samples or discounts in exchange for an “honest “review. Would this feedback be as positive had customers actually paid full price for it themselves?
Typical comments include;
Easy on the body
Gentle yet effective
Found something that finally helps with my diverticulitis attacks.
This customer pointed out that the supplement was purchased this for “free or a discounted price to use, and to give my unbiased opinion.”
Not everyone is as pleased. Negative comments include,
I purchased this product after reading of the natural ingredients and reading the reviews, I took the product as directed three pills a day, and I drink a gallon of water a day, for five days i took these pills NOT ONE BOWEL MOVEMENT!!!! By the third day I started having dizzy spells, and feeling off balance…. I do wish that this product would have worked, I just wasted $40. !!!
Don’t like it. Not getting any results at all.
Does Colon Renewal Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is an advertised guarantee that claims to give you your money back in the case of dissatisfaction for up to 120 days. Sadly we do not believe it. There are no real contact details provided and no terms and conditions. In our opinion a refund seems extremely unlikely.
Where Can I Buy Colon Renewal?
Colon Renewal is only sale via Amazon USA at the time of writing.