There is very little background to Diabetisyn. These days this supplement is not easily available and it is hard to track it down. It was manufactured by a company called GD Labs, but it is hard to get to the bottom of this supplement.
Diabetisyn is expensive. It is generally on sale (when you can find it) for around $50 for a month’s supply.
We do not rate Diabetisyn very highly. In fact we don’t rate this supplement at all. We have serious concerns about the name which seems targeted at diabetes sufferers yet if you did use this as such, you could run into serious medical problems and complications with diabetes medication and treatment. As a weight loss supplement it contains some effective ingredients such as glucomannan, but without providing ingredient quantities, you have no idea whether quantities are sufficient to work. And with ingredients such as bitter melon and chromium, side effects could be dangerous if quantities are in excess of safe levels.
These days Diabetisyn is not easily available and in our opinion, this is probably just as well. This supplement looks pretty dangerous and unknown and with the amount of good supplements available on the market for weight loss, we feel that most of them will be better than this. If you are diabetic it is important to check with your doctor before taking any supplements, in order to keep safe and actually help your condition, rather than causing any unnecessary medical complications.
Diabetisyn is essentially a weight loss supplement, but with the medical sounding name and the fact that diabetes has now reached epidemic proportions worldwide, the aim was obviously to tap into this rapidly expanding market.
Using a medical condition in the name of an OTC supplement is a risky business. Dietary supplements are not supposed to treat or cure medical conditions, and authorities such as the FDA are always quick to clamp down on this infringement. Cynics might say this is because the Big Pharmaceutical (Big Pharma) companies want a monopoly over all the drugs, but in reality it is for customer safety. For example we have seen herbal supplements touted as miracle cancer cures that could lead people into forgoing conventional medical treatment, and putting their trust unproven snake oil type supplements with devastating results. The same could be said of so called miracle diabetes cures.
That said, as a weight loss supplement, Diabetisyn does not look too bad. The ingredients list contains some safe and effective ingredients including Glucomannan – a naturally fibrous substance that causes feelings of fullness by expanding undigested in the stomach. Glucomannan can help the user avoid spikes in blood sugar and avoid feelings of hunger, and if used in the correct quantities can be an effective weight loss tool.
How to Take Diabetisyn
Information is not provided. However it seems likely that you take 1 capsule a day.
Other ingredients include chromium, which has been tested as a control for diabetes, and Garcinia Cambogia which is supposed to block dietary carbs from being absorbed by the body as fat. This supplement also contains some interesting herbal ingredients such as bitter melon, cinnamon, and Gymnaema sylvestre, a natural leaf that can help suppress sugar cravings.
To find out more about the ingredients, check out the ingredients tab.
- Why is this supplement so hard to find? Has it been withdrawn from the market?
- The health risks. Diabetisyn may be dangerous, especially if you use it to support diabetes
- Inadequate ingredients profile. If you take this supplement you will have no idea just what it is you are taking
However, despite this reasonably encouraging ingredients list, there is very little real information available about this supplement. Nobody seems to know the ingredient quantities, and whether the individual components are in the correct amounts. There is also zero information regarding manufacturer and who is even selling this supplement now.
Diabetisyn seems to have first come onto the market at around 2007, but these days it is hard to get hold of. We have been unable to find anyone still selling this supplement, and although there are a few reviews still out there, nobody seems to know for sure if it is even still available.
According to industry authorities, it was manufactured (and possibly marketed) by a company called GD Labs but checking our sources, it seems unlikely that this is the Indian Pharmaceutical manufacturer GD Laboratories who make prescription drugs such as Tramadol and Domperidone.
What Does Diabetisyn Claim To Do?
According to the limited product information that is still out there, Diabetisyn claims to help you manage your blood sugar levels while preventing hunger pangs. This works for weight loss, and is certainly designed to appeal to diabetics who struggle with controlling their blood glucose.
Does Diabetisyn Work?
We are certainly not qualified to give a medical opinion about diabetes. If you are diabetic and are taking medication, you should see your doctor for advice about any supplement before taking. Taking OTC supplements may interfere with your treatment and medication so it is important to always see your doctor first.
Diabetisyn may help weight loss but without any real information regarding ingredients, we can see no reason why you should bother searching for this particular supplement.
What Are The Ingredients of Diabetisyn?
As far as we know serving size is equal to one capsule. However with such imprecise ingredients information, we can only give a general overview of the various components of this supplement.
- Glucomannan: This natural fibre reduces the absorption of fat and protein, and because it is such a viscous natural material it forms into a gel in the stomach, causing feelings of satiety. Glucomannan can be very effective for weight loss if used in the correct quantities (3000g a day).
- Chromium: In medicine chromium is typically used as a supplement for chromium deficiency. Chromium is used for improving blood sugar control in people with pre diabetes, type 1 and type 2. There is also some research suggesting it can be used to prevent age related mental decline. Too much chromium in supplements can lead to side effects including liver damage.
- Garcinia Cambogia: The active component of Garcinia is hydroxycitric acid, which appears to have a carb blocking effect thanks to its actions on a digestive enzyme in the body called citrate lyase. It may also help lower cholesterol levels and improve mood by increasing serotonin. However Garcinia Cambogia requires further clinical testing to prove these theories one way or another.
- Bitter Melon: Plant extract also known as African cucumber or Momordica charantia. It is believed to lower blood sugar levels, but requires more testing both for efficacy and safety. It is known for causing side effects. Quantities unknown here.
- Cinnamon: There have been numerous studies into its potential role as a treatment for diabetes but as yet the serving size and the length of time you have to take it, has yet to be established.
- Gymnaema Sylvestre: The investigation into this plant extract is in early stages, but Gymnaema sylvestre may help decrease sugar absorption and increase insulin levels. However it lacks any real evidence.
Does Diabetisyn Have Any Side Effects?
With the unknown quantities of anything in this supplement, these reasonably safe looking ingredients could cause side effects.
Chromium especially, can be dangerous in high amounts and lead to liver and kidney damage. Bitter Melon is also of concern and may cause many of the side effects listed here.
Other side effects may include;
- Irregular heart beat
- Abdominal cramps
- Low blood sugar
- Menstrual bleeding (miscarriage)
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if pregnant, breast feeding, or trying to conceive. Speak to your physician first, especially if you have an underlying medical condition or are taking prescription medication, because this supplement will probably cause interactions.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Diabetisyn?
There are no customer feedback comments available for this supplement.
Does Diabetisyn Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee for Diabetisyn.
Where Can I Buy Diabetisyn?
Good question! Diabetisyn is not easily available at the time of writing. It used to be sold via eBay but we haven’t seen it there for a while. However, it is possible that it will come back onto the market in the future.