Emagrece Sim is a controversial diet pill kit that promises you the secrets of Brazilian weight loss success! It has run into serious trouble with the FDA owing to some dangerous ingredients contained in a previous formula and now the market is awash with copy products and rumours.
Confusing? You bet it is! We take an in depth look at Emagrece Sim to find out the truth.
Emagrece Sim Pros
Emagrece Sim Cons
- FDA warning in the past
- Contains potentially dangerous ingredients with no relevance to weight loss
- Taking laxatives does not make you lose body fat
- No money-back guarantee
- Lacks company information
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
Emagrece Sim Review
Emagrece Sim is a weight loss programme, described as the “Brazilian Weight loss Wonder” that claims to help you get a stunning Brazilian bikini body look for yourself.
We’ve all seen images of Rio Carnival and know how stunning Brazilian woman can be, so will this diet pill kit help you achieve the same effect?
Back in 2006, the FDA issued warnings to consumers to avoid Emagrece Sim as well as another product called Herbathin, two weight loss products made in Brazil by Fitoterapico. According to the FDA,
the drugs contained active ingredients found in a sedative, antidepressant, and unapproved stimulant, that could cause serious health problems.
Both products were found to contain prescription drugs, Chlordiazepoxide HCl (the active ingredient in Librium), and Fluoxetine HCl (the active ingredient in Prozac).
In addition Emagrece Sim contained Fenproporex,
a stimulant converted in the body to amphetamine, and as a result showed up in drug testing as a positive result for amphetamines.
Source: FDA press announcement
The idea behind Emagrece Sim was probably that the amphetamines created the stimulant effect that helped stop appetite and increase energy expenditure while the tranquilisers calmed you down and helped you sleep at night.
There were stories of side effects and people unwittingly taking these pills and going onto fail drug tests as a result.
Moving forward to the present day. Emagrece Sim is still available to buy online.
How to Take Emagrece Sim
To take Emagrece Sim you follow a programme over a five level plan, buying kits of capsules that suit the stage you have achieved.
The diet pills come in two types; orange capsules and yellow capsules that will suit you over five levels of weight loss.
Unsurprisingly you start at stage one, During the 1st week you take 1 yellow capsule and 1 orange capsule in the morning, preferably after breakfast.
2nd week and onwards. You are advised to take 1 yellow and 1 orange capsule in the morning, preferably after breakfast and repeat the dose in the afternoon before 7:00 pm.
You carry on taking the pills in accordance with the instructions of week 2 but gradually increase the strength of the dosage by buying kits of capsules, which contain stronger levels of ingredients.
By the time you reach level 5 you should be taking a much stronger doses than when you first started in week one.
This is done to cause “gradual and steady weight loss” and allows your body to adjust to the strength of the pills.
It also means that to follow this plan, you take Emagrece Sim for a whopping 225 days!
These days it comes with a different ingredients profile and is advertised as 100% ephedra free.
Instead of Speed and Prozac, it now contains Gotu Kola – a so-called safe natural antidepressant, Senna and other powerful laxatives, and Bladderwrack a form of seaweed, plus many other plant-derived ingredients.
However, there is zero information about who manufactures this product. There is some Portuguese text on the website so we are guessing Brazil but no details are provided and it is uncertain whether this supplement is still made by the original company Fitoterapico.
To add to the confusion there are other products on the market with very similar names which claim to be based on the original supplement. .
Emagrece Sim Concerns:
- Dangerous supplement with extremely questionable and unproven ingredients
- Medical advice is to take laxatives for no longer than 2 weeks
- May cause dehydration and other medical problems
What Does Emagrece Sim Claim To Do?
According to the website information;
Emagrece Sim is the Original Brazilian Weight Loss Program made up of 5 different levels to continually help you lose unwanted lbs.
Each kit comes with 1 bottle yellow capsules and one bottle orange capsules; 90 of capsules each, for a total of 180 capsules per kit.
Each treatment or stage lasts 45 days
The key features of this programme are that Emagrece Sim will:
- Suppress the appetite!
- Lower anxiety that leads to cravings!
- Lower daily caloric intake!
- Naturally boost your metabolism!
- Increase Energy Level!
The reasons given for the different levels are that;
The weight loss process is composed of various complex stages
The website information goes on to explain:
At the beginning you may experience faster weight loss; due to more liquid been released by the body. You may then experience a sudden pause or slowing down of this process.
Such pause or slow-down is due to metabolic changes in your system.
The information concludes;
When you reach such a pause, a higher or different level may be necessary. In the later stages of the weight loss process. Greater amounts of stored fat are eliminated by the body.
However the information does not provide any explanation how the pills work and how this weight loss is achieved.
So What Is Emagrece Sim and What Are The Ingredients For Emagrece Sim?
Emagrece Sim is a two-pill diet kit programme that you take over five stages. The pills come in varying strengths and you take them both together.
- Carqueja (Baccharis Trimera Leaf and Stem) (between 35mg – 60mg): This South American plant is often used for medicinal teas for folk remedies including treatment for liver disease, inflammation and it is sometimes used to induce abortions. Avoid if you are pregnant or trying to conceive. Carqueja is well known for its laxative and diuretic effects. Source: http://www.rain-tree.com/carqueja.htm#.UzrB8qhdWJo
- Centella Asiática (between 80mg – 150mg): Also known as Gotu Kola this plant grows in tropical swampy areas and may be effective for decreasing blood pressure in veins and reducing inflammation. However, it lacks evidence that it is effective for treating anxiety and fatigue and can cause interactions with medication for depression
- Fucus Vesiculosus (40mg- 60mg): This seaweed extract commonly known as Bladderwrack is a sea plant high in iodine ,sometimes used to treat thyroid conditions. Based on animal testing Fucus Vesiculosus may lower blood sugar levels but the safety and effectiveness for human use has not yet been established.
- Garcinia Cambogia 80mg- 120mg): Garcinia Cambogia has been investigated for its role in weight loss and appears to have some positive short-term effects.
There is some evidence that it can help people feel full and it may have potential for fat reduction and the treatment of diabetes but research is currently ongoing.
- Ginkgo Biloba (50mg): Believed to improve memory and brain function but requires further evidence of efficacy. This ingredient is only present in level one of the supplement.
- Hydrolyzed collagen (500mg): More usually known as gelatine this substance is made from by products from the meat industry including skin, bones and connective tissue.
There are claims that there may be health benefits to Hydrolyzed Collagen but the FDA urge caution because of the potential risk of transmitting animal disease such as BSE (bovine spongiform encephalopathy commonly known as mad cow disease). There are some cases of people going on to develop CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease) after expose to BSE infected animal products.
- Cascara Sagrada (100mg – 120mg): Natural extract that has a very strong laxative effect. It is classified as a stimulant laxative and can cause dehydration and your potassium levels to drop. All medical advice is to take for no longer than two weeks, Source: WebMD Resource
- Frangula (10mg – 200mg): Also known as alder buckthorn is a laxative that works in a similar way to Cascara.
- Senna (80mg -100mg): Well known laxative.
- Castaño de India (Horse chestnut or conker) (50mg -60mg): Contains a natural ingredient that promotes blood thinning and has a diuretic effect. May lower blood sugar and cause digestive problems
Source: WebMD Resource
- Garcinia Cambogia (70mg -120mg): Contains Hydrocitric acid and appears to cause an appetite suppressing effect and short-term weight loss. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11134690
- Passiflora 20mg – 50mg): Herbal remedy that May help reduce symptoms of anxiety and can cause drowsiness.
- Hydrolyzed collagen (500mg): See above. This ingredient is present in both the orange and the yellow capsules.
So What Does All This Mean?
Expect to be spending plenty of time in the bathroom, this supplement contains some powerful laxatives and it certainly will cause this effect. There are also some ingredients that will cause you to urinate more.
Otherwise, there are some ingredients that may cause drowsiness and we are not sure what the principle ingredient gelatine is even supposed to do for your weight loss.
Although we have not heard much recently about mad cow disease, taking 1000mg of gelatine a day – derived from hundreds of animals’ bones and connective tissue, may increase risk of developing CJD.
Does Emagrece Sim Have Any Side Effects?
There may be side effects judging by this cocktail of ingredients but there is very little customer feedback available for this product so we cannot bring you true-life experiences
Potential side effects include:
- Stomach upsets
- May affect fertility levels
- Increase risk of contracting CJD via BSE
- Potassium deficiency
Caution: Do not take if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Avoid if you are likely to be pregnant or trying to conceive. Do not take if you suffer from IBS or any intestinal conditions or if you have a kidney related medical condition. Avoid if you suffer from depression or are taking medication for a depressive disorder.
Medication: Take the advice of your doctor before taking this supplement because there is a long list of drug interactions including Warfarin and anti depressants. In addition the laxative effect of these pills may reduce the effectiveness of prescription medicine (include contraceptive pill).
All medical advice is to limit taking Cascara Sagrada to no longer, than two weeks so taking Emagrece Sim for the recommended five stages is potentially very dangerous.
Any Emagrece Sim Reviews From Customers?
No, there are some similar looking products on the market including one via Amazon.com but please note this is Emagrece SLIM and not Sim.
One customer who bought this had an opinion on Emagrece products in general. She reported;
Please don’t buy any Emagrece that says ephedrine free! Unfortunately, that bad ingredient brought me awesome results (More than 15 pounds off in 15 days! Yes! Just like that).
Then US laws made impossible for the original formula to arrive to US. So all these imitations don’t work at all.
So Does Emagrece Sim Work?
Very unlikely, no!
It does not work and in addition could be potentially dangerous. This supplement is predominantly a laxative and taking this over a period of weeks will be dangerous for health. We cannot believe that the secret to Brazilian beauty is spending hours on end in the toilet.
This diet pill is not the same one that was banned by the FDA.
Where Can I Buy Emagrece Sim?
Emagrece Sim is only available via the product website.
45 days supply of capsules (90 orange and 90 yellow) costs $109 and is advertised as a special offer. If you continue with the plan, you have to buy the capsules separately.
45 days supply (90 ct) of orange capsules for all levels of the plan costs $109. 45 days supply (90 ct) of yellow capsules for all levels of the plan costs $129.
You can make savings on larger orders. 2 x 90ct bottles of orange capsules costs $189. 2 x 90ct bottles of yellow capsules costs $229.00
All payments are via PayPal and shipping costs are not provided.
Emagrece Sim is not available via Amazon. There is a similar product using the same concept of red and yellow pills but is actually Emagrece SLIM and not Sim. There are numerous Emagrece Sim copies elsewhere.
What About A Guarantee
There is no guarantee offered for this supplement.
In our opinion this is a shockingly bad supplement. One of the worst we have ever covered. It is trading on an association with a previous supplement that contained amphetamines and has created an alternative, which is just as bad.
Make no mistake, take this supplement as recommended and you will likely be running into health problems as well as the bathroom. Emagrece Sim will not help you lose weight or boost your energy levels. It will cause diarrhoea as well as other side effects and we really cannot imagine how you will feel if you take this supplement long term. We imagine pretty drained and dehydrated.
Considering we don’t even know who is behind this diet pill, or even where it comes from, and that there is no money-back guarantee, buying this product appears to be a risky option.
There is no way we would recommend such a dangerous and ineffective supplement.
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
#1 Consumer Choice 2018: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >