Introduced by Iovate Health Science, Hydroxycut Platinum is a dietary supplement with a rather impressive ingredient profile. It includes a variety of minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and plant extracts that claim to boost metabolism and reduce weight. Marketed as a 5-in-1 formula, it also claims to offer metabolic boost, probiotic health benefits, energy enhancement, multivitamin health benefits, and weight loss benefits.
Originally manufactured by a nutraceutical company called Hydroxycut, this weight loss supplement makes big claims. Its ingredients look impressive on paper, but it does not mean it manages to fulfill all its promises. Here is our review to help you learn more about Hydroxycut Platinum.
Hydroxycut Platinum is one of many products from this US-based supplement company. By using a combination of minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and plant extracts, it claims to help you lose weight, improve your digestive health, and enhance energy production. Individually, the ingredients look good, but most of them are under-dosed, making the formula of Hydroxy Platinum less effective.
They have not clearly highlighted the risks associated with the use of Hydroxycut Platinum, but have mentioned that you should avoid it if you are allergic to any of the ingredients found in Hydroxycut Platinum. You should avoid it if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Some more common side effects include diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, gastric upset and elevated heart rate.
Hydroxycut Platinum includes several ingredients, and the effectiveness of some of those ingredients is proven through research, but that does not mean Hydroxycut Platinum can provide you with all claimed benefits. There is no information about how much of some important ingredients, such as L-Theanine, Choline Bitartrate, Ashwagandha, etc., can be found there in the formula.
Several ingredients like certain vitamins and super fruit are quite ineffective when it comes to weight loss. Many ingredients are under-dosed, which is the reason why Hydroxycut Platinum is not nearly as effective as it claims to be. You will be better off using a product that does not use a proprietary blend and uses adequate amount of scientifically proven fat burners, so we have to reject Hydroxycut Platinum.
Hydroxycut Platinum Review
Quite like many supplements in the market, the ingredient profile of Hydroxycut Platinum looks impressive on paper. Unfortunately, it fails miserably when it comes to weight loss. Several ingredients have shown to help reduce weight and improve metabolism, but it seems that the formula is not carefully thought-out, which leaves Hydroxycut Platinum quite ineffective.
Our problem with Hydroxycut Platinum is that it includes so many ingredients. While you may think you are going to get several benefits from one such product, the reality is different. When there are so many ingredients, it means most of them are under-dosed and have no power to produce any results. The same holds true in case of Hydroxycut Platinum. Moreover, there is no research to confirm that the formula really works – and that is mainly because many of its ingredients are not directly related to burning fat or improving metabolism. Here is more about some of those ingredients:
- Robusta coffee is used to help boost your metabolism and regulate blood glucose levels. However, there is not enough study confirming the weight loss benefits of chlorogenic acid found in Robusta Coffee.
- Red Mango found in this supplement has failed to prove its effectiveness in scientific studies. Many studies have found that it is quite ineffective in humans because the enzyme it blocks is not that active in humans.
- White Kidney Beans found in this supplement work as a carb-blocker, and some studies have actually confirmed its benefits. Unfortunately, there is not enough of it in the blend. The weight loss matrix contains 200mg of Robusta Coffee, and with Ashwagandha and red mango included in the mix, white kidney beans seem to be quite under-dosed.
- Sensoril Optimized Ashwagandha extract is a proprietary formula, so you cannot tell what it really has. It may help prevent stress-related overeating, but may prove ineffective if you are not overweight due to stress.
- LactoSpore may help improve your intestinal health by increasing the number of good bacteria in the gut, but it is not going to offer quick results in terms of weight loss. It may also become ineffective when you already have an existing digestive condition.
How to Take Hydroxycut Platinum
You need to assess your tolerance first, and it could be quite tricky for some. They suggest that you should start by taking 1 capsule twice a day – you should take it about an hour before breakfast and lunch. Continue with the same routine for three days and then start taking 2 capsules twice daily.
This confirms that many of its ingredients are quite ineffective in the real world. There are some other ingredients as well, but even they are not effective unless you also change your diet and lifestyle. C. canephora rubusta is a key ingredient of Hydroxycut Platinum, but studies show that it may help lower weight in 60 days only when combined with low-calorie diet. Moreover, there is no information about how much of certain ingredients can be found in the formula. Some examples are choline Bitartrate, L-Theanine, lemon concentrate, cherry, tangerine, white kidney beans, red mango extract, Ashwagandha, and more.
It is important to point out that it contains caffeine – lots of it actually. In fact, a serving of Hydroxycut Platinum provides you with as much caffeine as 2.5 cups of coffee. If you get caffeine from other sources as well, you are surely going to experience adverse reactions, such as anxiety, tremors, nervousness, restlessness, and increased heart rate. So much of caffeine is used because it stimulates your nervous system and gives you an energy punch. It may also help boost fat burning process when coupled with a reduced calorie diet, but the small amount of weight loss is never worth the side effects you get through an increased caffeine intake.
Hydroxycut Platinum Concerns:
- Under-dosed ingredients
- No-money back guarantee
- Very expensive with only a 15 day supply
It is true that you can find 19 essential vitamins and minerals in Hydroxycut Platinum, but you may enjoy benefits only if you are deficient in them. Overdose can cause problems; in fact, overdose of vitamin A and iron-containing supplements can cause fatal poisoning. Moreover, you can also find these vitamins in any other multivitamin supplement at a much lower price. In fact, you can get these vitamins and minerals by paying attention to your diet.
Overall, Hydroxycut Platinum fails to ‘cut’ it and offers little to no benefits in terms of weight loss. It does not come with a money-back guarantee either, so you will be stuck with it if you spend all the money and see no benefits after weeks of use. So, save your money and try a more reputable supplement with scientifically proven fat-burning ingredients.
What Does Hydroxycut Platinum Claim To Do?
Hydroxycut Platinum uses several impressive ingredients and has 19 vitamins and minerals. By using the combination of herbal extracts, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals, it claims to provide you with the following benefits:
- It improves metabolic rate to help burn fat
- It reduces stress and prevents stress-related overeating
- It offers probiotics to improve digestive health
- It offers antioxidants to prevent oxidative damage
- It helps boost mood and memory
Does Hydroxycut Platinum Work?
Hydroxycut Platinum claims to offer so many benefits, but it fails because most of its ingredients are either ineffective or under-dosed. There are vitamins and minerals, but they are not going to help much in terms of weight loss. There is no clinical research to confirm the effectiveness of its proprietary formula, and customer reviews show that its use can produce several side effects. If you opt for it, do not expect much in terms of weight loss.
What Are The Ingredients of Hydroxycut Platinum?
You will find a combination of enzymes, herbal extracts, vitamins and minerals in Hydroxycut Platinum. Here is more about the ingredients:
Weight Loss Complex
- Robusta Coffee: It contains chlorogenic acid that may help prevent fat accumulation and boost metabolism at the same time. Studies show that it is not as effective as you might think.
- Red Mango: It contains hydroxycitric acid, which is supposed to block ATP citrate Lysase to help slow down the conversion of carbs into fat.
- White Kidney Beans: It is used to limit the action of starch digesting enzymes in the body to produce weight loss benefits. It may not be effective when under-dosed, which seems to be the case with Hydroxycut Platinum.
- Ashwagandha Extract: It uses a proprietary formula and provides no information of exactly what it includes. Some studies have shown that Ashwagandha extract may help lower cortisol and reduce stress.
- LactoSpore: This probiotic formula is supposed to help boost your immune system by improving your intestinal health. It may or may not help with weight loss.
Theramo + Energy Matrix
- Coffee Extract: It is a stimulant and may help enhance your body’s resistance to stress and improve energy production to some extent. It may not prove effective on a long-term basis, as your body develops tolerance with continuous use.
- Choline Bitartrate: It is used to help improve concentration and memory. There is not enough research available to confirm that choline Bitartrate, which is the least bio-available form of choline, can help reduce weight. It is also under-dosed in Hydroxycut Platinum.
- L-Theanine: This amino acid produces a calming effect and helps minimize the negative effects of caffeine. It seems that Hydroxycut Platinum does not have enough of L-Theanine either.
- Huperzine-A: It is included to prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine to improve focus and enhance memory. It may help memory a bit, but does nothing to trigger weight loss.
Super Fruit Mix
Hydroxy Platinum also contains lemon, cherry, and tangerine concentrates to detoxify your body and reduce weight. Unfortunately, there is no study showing that this so-called super fruit mix has any weight loss benefits whatsoever.
In addition, you can also find about 19 vitamins and minerals in Hydroxycut Platinum. For instance:
It includes vitamin D, the antioxidant vitamin C, and the important B vitamins to help you metabolize carbs, fats and proteins. Iron, folic acid, zinc, biotin, and other vitamins and minerals have also been added. Other ingredients are Capsule (Gelatin, Candurin Silver, FD&C Blue No.1, FD&C Yellow No. 6, FD&C Red No. 3), Rice Flour, Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide, etc.
Does Hydroxycut Platinum Have Any Side Effects?
You cannot find complete detail about the side effects on the official website. However, it is important to point out that many ingredients in the supplement support thermogenisis, which means that you may get a temporary boost but taking too much could cause several side effects. Some of the most common side effects are nausea, vomiting, stomach upset, and increased heart rate.
It contains caffeine that can cause a number of side effects when taken in large doses. You may have to deal with headaches, increased heart rate, elevated blood pressure, anxiety, and irritability. Taking it close to bedtime may affect your sleep quality in a negative way. High doses of caffeine can actually lead to life-threatening consequences. Vitamin overdose can also cause side effects.
Not intended for use by persons under 18. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Discontinue use and consult a medical doctor if you experience unusual symptoms. Consult a medical doctor before use if you have been treated for or diagnosed with, or have a family history of any medical condition, including (but not limited to) high blood pressure or heart problems, or if you are using any prescription or over-the-counter drug(s). Consult a medical doctor before starting a diet or exercise program.”
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Hydroxycut Platinum?
It is hard to find many positive reviews supporting Hydroxycut Platinum. Increased heart rate seems to be the most common issue associated with its use.
The regular is not really doing what it used to anymore.
I’ve been taking it for two days already, i got fast heart beats and nausea. i think i’m going to stop taking it i can’t stay like this.
Today was the first day of me taking them, and it’s good so far. It defiantly has decrease my appetite. My energy level is awesome. Only thing is palms are sweaty and increase of my heart rate. For the first day I am pretty pleased.
I dont feel this product did anything for me. My energy was the same, no weight loss at all from this product.
Does Hydroxycut Platinum Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Hydroxycut Platinum does not come with a money-back guarantee.
Where Can I Buy Hydroxycut Platinum?
You can buy it directly from the official website.