Pruvit is a USA based Multi-Level Marketing company which sells health drinks based on increasing ketosis. In their own words, their products are “starting the ketone revolution. “ However there is something about this company that looks a bit haphazard despite the glossy advertising. We look into Keto // OS Max to find out more about the supplement and the company behind it.
Keto //OS Max is a ketogenic supplement that comes in the form of a powder that you use to make a drink. It contains Beta Hydroxybutyrate(BHB) which some people take for weight loss but it lacks any real evidence it will work. Keto // OS Max is expensive and sold via MLM. You can join up as a promoter yourself but the small print advises that you will probably not make much money if you do.
Keto // OS Max is very expensive. It costs $130 for a pack of 20 servings.
If you buy from the website and sign up to auto ship, you get a reduction of just $15.00. This is the same price that is available to Pruvit promoters so it unlikely that you will make many sales or much profit if you try to sell it yourself.
You can also buy Keto// OS Max via Amazon USA for $129.00 making a saving of just $1.00 .
In our opinion Keto// OS Max is a shocking waste of money. You are advised to drink it twice a day, every day and do that and it will cost you $390 for a month’s supply. In addition, we do not believe that this supplement will really help you lose weight or provide any other of the advertised benefits. There is just no evidence that key ingredient BHB will work in the way as described. We like malic acid – one of the other ingredients but whether this will be included in sufficient quantities to even do anything is unknown.
Finally, the whole Pruvit set up looks a bit of a shambles. The MLM promoters get very little benefit from signing up to sell this supplement and there seems to be little point to doing this when ordinary customers pay much the same price as the promoters.
In addition we hate that this product seems to go under different names. In our opinion this should have been sorted out in the planning stages.
Finally, the Pruvit name is just plain irritating and there is no reason why a Texan company should use a German punctuation mark in their name that they cannot even write themselves. In our opinion that umlaut is pointless and unnecessary. And this last point seems to sum up this product perfectly.
Keto // OS Max Review
It is always irritating when companies cannot seem to decide on a product’s name. Equally annoying is when a product or company name includes weird symbols and punctuation. Pruvit Keto // OS Max achieves a double whammy with these practices and in truth it looks as if it has been designed by a committee. Pruvit – the company behind the supplement includes an umlaut over the U so is written as Ü or Prüvit. They are obviously struggling with this themselves as the company name is actually written as Pruvit in the terms and conditions.
The supplement is equally confusing when it comes to the name. The full name appears to be Pruvit KETO//OS Bio MAX. Alternatively it is referred to as KETO//OS® Max – Maui Punch or even KETO//OS® Max – Maui Punch Charged. It does not inspire potential buyers with confidence if the company cannot even decide on a proper name. We will stick with Keto // OS Max for the purposes of this review. Now we have got the name sorted out let’s look at the supplement.
First up, Keto //OS Max is expensive. A pack of 20 servings costs a whopping $130 working out at $6.5 per serving, making it $13.00 a day if you drink as recommended. The drink comes in powder form that you simply add to water in order to make a health drink that the makers say will put your body into fat burning mode. It contains the equivalent caffeine to an average cup of coffee.
How to Take Keto // OS Max
Dissolve 1 heaping scoop or OTG pack in 12-16 oz. of cold water and shake/stir vigorously. Can be taken with or without food.
Therapeutic dose = 1 daily serving
Optimal performance = 2 servings AM/PM
According to the ingredients list it also contains a patent pending ingredient called Beta Hydroxybutyrate, more usually abbreviated to BHB. We can find no record that Beta Hydroxybutyrate is patent pending. However this compound is supposed to increase ketosis – the body’s burning of stored fat usually when carb supplies in the body have been exhausted so raid the body’s fat stores for energy. This ingredient is not really mainstream with people looking to lose weight and most of the evidence is based on testing on mice. You can actually buy BHB in many other supplements so it is very unlikely that Pruvit have anything to do with researching or registering the patent for this ingredient as is implied by the ingredients list.
Other ingredients include Erythritol a sugar alcohol that is a food additive for low-calorie sweetness. It also contains amino acids L-Taurine and fermented L-Leucine but the other ingredients such as citric acid and Stevia are only there to enhance the flavour and not for any physical benefits. Overall, this supplement does not look very impressive. Yes, the Pruvit website looks glossy and high quality but in truth it all looks to be a bit of a shambles.
Keto // OS Max Concerns:
- People may waste a lot of money on this supplement.
- Lack of evidence that proves it will work.
- May cause unknown side effects. Very little clinical research into BHB.
Leave the glossy pages of the site that most people will see and the good quality impression soon evaporates. A simple word document suffices as a terms and conditions page and we were amused to see that Pruvit obviously struggle with their own practice of putting the ü into the company name. It is not very impressive.
Pruvit is based in Texas. It appears to be trying hard to be an MLM company but it lacks any incentives for potential promoters or “prüvers” as they are also called. Although being a promoter is described as an exciting opportunity, the company lacks enough statistical data to prepare reliable income disclosures.
Based on industry standards and company projections, the average annual gross income for Prüvers is projected to be anywhere between $500 and $2,000. Remember that is gross income that does not take expenses into consideration.
We think people will struggle making sales given that a day’s supply costs a whopping $13.00.
What Does Keto // OS Max Claim To Do?
According to the product information, this health drink does pretty much everything! Key features are as follows:
- Focus: Reduced brain fog and increased awareness
- Energy: Fast and sustained energy from within
- Fat Loss: Assists in abdominal fat loss
- Sleep: Wake up feeling recharged and fresh
- Strength: Increased strength & less inflammation
- Mood: Help regulate your ups and downs
To go with these claims there are numerous images of customers posing for before and after pictures. They all look good but did they really get these effects from this health drink?
There is no real evidence that any of this is true.
Does Keto // OS Max Work?
It seems unlikely because there is nothing in the formula that is likely to cause these effects. We cannot see why this supplement should work in the way as described.
What Are The Ingredients of Keto // OS Max?
Each serving is equal to 1 packet (18.4g). The supplement is dairy free and gluten free.
- Beta Hydroxybutyrate: Despite this being the principal ingredient, there is very little information about what BHB actually is or how it works. We looked into Beta-Hydroxybutyrate ourselves and found that it is produced in the body and helps regulate how the body uses energy. If carbs are unavailable BHB liberates fatty acids from the liver. These are taken from the body’s fat stores. When you take BHB in supplement form these BHB salts as exogenous ketones are called, kick the metabolic state into action, bypassing carbs.
- Erythritol: This is a sugar additive used in numerous food products. It contains zero calories and does not cause tooth decay like sugar. There are no health benefits to using it though apart from the advantages over sugar.
- L-Taurine: Amino acid found in meat and protein and an ingredient in Red Bull energy drink. Once believed to increase mental alertness but these claims have since been disproven.
- Fermented L-Leucine: L Leucine is an amino acid that is used by the body for the synthesis of proteins and is important for healthy muscle function. Animal testing suggests that L Leucine supplementation may reduce food intake but there is no evidence it will work in the same way for humans. Fermented L Leucine is just a different method of preparation.
- Malic Acid: Natural substance in fruit and vegetables. Taking malic acid supplements can be beneficial for conditions such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. It can help increase energy levels. The dosages used in studies and supplements of malic acid range from 1,200 to 2,800 milligrams per day. It is unknown whether the serving size of this supplement conforms to clinical testing.
- Caffeine: According to the product information this supplement contains the equivalent caffeine to an average cup of coffee.
Does Keto // OS Max Have Any Side Effects?
The supplement looks pretty safe and does not come with any health warnings. However Beta Hydroxybutyrate can cause what is described as gastrointestinal distress. This could cause:
- Abdominal pain
- Upset stomach
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Speak to your doctor first if you suffer from an underlying medical condition or are taking prescription medication.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Keto // OS Max?
There are very few independent customer reviews for Keto//OS Max and of these it is hard to spot whether they are truly genuine. MLM promoters often post positive reviews for the products they are trying to sell in order to create a buzz.
Here is a selection of feedback comments taken from the 6 so-called independent reviews we found on Amazon.
It does what it says it does. The price is a little high but other than that no complaints. I’m placing my second order today.
The MAX works, lost 20 lbs in 18 days.
We find this hard to believe!
Waste of money!
There are numerous positive comments, heart-warming stories and before and after pics posted on the official Pruvit website, such as this man who bizarrely put on weight when his wife was pregnant.
I put on 30-40 pounds when my wife had our baby. When I first tried KETO//OS, I felt like superman in 20 minutes. I’ve lost 44 pounds so far with this product!
Does Keto // OS Max Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee with this supplement.
Where Can I Buy Keto // OS Max?
You can buy directly from the Pruvit website or via a Pruvit promoter. Pruvit Keto //OS Max is also on sale via Amazon.