The teatox craze seems to show no signs of abating, as hundreds of companies now seem to offer various teas that claim to cleanse and detoxify the body. The trend seems to have caught the eyes of celebrities as well, with megastars like Nicki Minaj and Britney Spears regularly promoting teatox products on social media. One burning question remains: can these products really live up to their considerable hype?
Below we take an in-depth look into MateFit 28 Day Teatox, to see whether this well-known and brand-conscious product is one of the better ones on the market.
MateFit 28 Day Teatox Pros
- Free shipping on all orders
- Product is reasonably priced
- Many customers like the taste of the teas
MateFit 28 Day Teatox Cons
- The majority of customer reviews report that the product is ineffective
- No money-back guarantee and a confusing and risky returns policy
- Detoxing for the full 28 days could cause serious side effects
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
Consider using the consumer #1 rated weight loss product – CLICK HERE
What You Need To Know About MateFit 28 Day Teatox
The MateFit 28 Day Teatox is a detox and weight loss pack that promises to cleanse the body of toxins. The pack comes with two different teas; the metabolic boost tea is supposed to act as a weight loss aid and should be consumed daily, and the detox tea is a laxative/diuretic that is designed to be taken every 2 days. The same teas can also be purchased separately, and customers can also opt for a smaller and cheaper 14 day kit.
MateFit is a US-based manufacturer that specializes in teatoxes. The company is heavily promoted by Hollywood celebrities, models and popstars throughout the world of social media, and seems to have invested heavily in its image. The company has pages on every social media site going, and recruits special “MateFit Reps” who spread the company’s brand in exchange for small payments and discounts.
What Are The Side Effects Of MateFit 28 Day Teatox?
Each tea comes with its own side effects, although virtually no customers complain of side effects in their product reviews. The main drawback from drinking the Metabolic Boost Tea is the high caffeine content, which can cause insomnia, restlessness, nausea, high blood pressure and heartrate, and headaches for some people. The licorice in the mix has also cause some customers to feel bloated after drinking the tea.
The MateFit Detox Tea is a laxative and diuretic, which can result in diarrhoea and stomach cramps. Customers should be warned that taking laxatives for the full 28 days (as instructed) can cause serious and costly side effects. Regular use of laxatives for more than 2 weeks at a time can causer the body to become dependent on them, meaning that customers require laxatives in order to go to the bathroom. Passing stools in this way can also cause the body to lose a lot of key electrolytes, which can result in organ and muscle damage if left unchecked.
Allergic reactions to other ingredients in the Detox Tea can also cause heartburn, stomach problems, hot flushes, headaches, mouth sores and uterine contractions.
How Much Does MateFit 28 Day Teatox Cost?
The full 28 day kit costs $45 on the official website and $39 on Amazon. Customers shopping on the official website also have the option of going with the smaller 14 day kit, which costs $25. The teas can also be purchased individually on the official website; a 28 day supply of Detox Tea is $25 ($21 on Amazon) and a 40 day supply of Metabolic Boost Tea costs $35. Shipping is free on all orders.
Our Verdict On MateFit 28 Day Teatox
The MateFit 28 Day Teatox does not impress us. On the basis of the ingredients, this is actually quite surprising; at first glance, we would imagine that the teas would work as advertised. However, the customer reviews on Amazon are generally very negative, with the majority complaining that the products are ineffective or only partially effective (with some compliments reserved for the taste). The fact that the teas don’t seem to come with the expected side effects could be taken as further evidence that they don’t do much at all.
MateFit’s website and returns policy also leave much to be desired. Finding out information about the teas is annoyingly tricky on the official website, with the ingredients list hidden away on a separate page (with the ingredient quantities unlisted). Despite the company claiming that they have a money-back guarantee, the actual returns policy offers no such thing, and is described so poorly that it is almost incoherent.
Overall, MateFit’s policy toward everything seems heavily weighted in favor of image over substance. Much more money and time seems to have been spent advertising the teas than actually making them good, and the website is more stuffed with Instagram-style photos than actual information. There is also no space on the website devoted to informing customers about the dangers of using laxatives for more than 2 weeks, a serious omission that could cause repeat customers to become seriously ill.
Despite the celebrity hype, we do not recommend the MateFit 28 Day Teatox to our readers.
The most popular consumer choice in 2017
With a combination of proven ingredients, superb customer service and a 60-day money-back guarantee, Phentaslim is making big waves in the diet world.
Find out why thousands of people are choosing Phentaslim to achieve their weight loss goals, and why it's also the editor's top selection.
Read the Watchdog Phentaslim review here.
MateFit 28 Day Teatox Review
MateFit’s 28 Day Teatox is the company’s flagship program, combining two teatox products that are intended to be used regularly throughout the month. Billed as a weight loss solution and full body cleanse, the key details of this product (including its ingredients) are kept rather quiet on the official website, making it a potentially hard program for customers to understand before they buy.
The kit and standalone versions of the product are manufactured and sold by MateFit, an American teatox specialist. MateFit seem to have done extremely well on the advertising front so far, with dozens of celebrities (including Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears, Amber Rose and others) lining up to promote their products throughout the world of social media. The company also tries to recruit MateFit reps, ordinary members of the public who attempt to sign up friends and coworkers for MateFit programs in exchange for financial rewards and discounts. The company can be reached via email at OrderInfo@MateFit.me, and can probably receive messages on their various social media accounts.
How to Take MateFit 28 Day Teatox
The directions for use for MateFit Metabolic Boost are as follows:
Drink in the morning and noon. Pour hot water (around 195 F) in an 8oz glass. Add a teaspoon (2.5g) of MateFit Metabolic Boost into the teabag that comes with your purchase. Let is steep in hot water for 4-5 minutes (if you want to make it stronger and more effective, steep it up to 5-7 minutes). Drink it when you feel comfortable with the temperature. We recommend you add lemon and honey to make it sweeter.
The directions for use for MateFit Detox are as follows:
Use every other night. Pour hot water (around 195 F). Let it steep in hot water for 4-5 minutes (if you want to make it stronger and more effective, steep it up to 8-10 minutes). Drink it when you feel comfortable with the temperature.
MateFit 28 Day Teatox Concerns:
- Ingredient quantities not listed and ingredients list hard to spot on official website
- No money-back guarantee and a poorly-worded returns policy
- Long-term detoxes may come with serious side effects
What Does MateFit 28 Day Teatox Claim To Do?
For the most part, the MateFit 28 Day Teatox promises to act as a body cleanse, clearing the body of toxins that “contribute to bloating, weight gain and an overall feeling of sluggishness”. Conversely, the teatox package is said to reduce bloat, help with weight loss and boost the body’s metabolism. The official website lists the following key benefits of the 28 day package:
- Boosts your metabolism
- Flushes away unwanted pounds
- Reduces puffiness and bloating in the abdomen for a flatter stomach
- Increases energy levels
- Maximizes weight loss results
Does MateFit 28 Day Teatox Work?
The Metabolic Boost Drink is essentially a combination of three types of tea (oolong, green tea and yerba mate), each of which has been shown to help dieters lose a small amount of weight. Customers could expect a small amount of weight loss and an energy boost if the ingredients are balanced correctly, although readers should be warned that the customer reviews on Amazon suggest that this mix is not particularly effective.
The detox tea contains a mix of ingredients that should work as laxatives and diuretics, meaning that customers should expect more regular bathroom visits. Other ingredients seem to have been included to relieve bowel issues, which seem to have the effect of reducing the more unpleasant side effects of laxatives (we saw no major complaints about side effects in customer reviews). As a general rule, we don’t consider laxative/diuretic products to be effective methods of weight loss or “detoxing”, as any weight loss can only ever be temporary.
What Are The Ingredients of MateFit 28 Day Teatox?
Listed below are the main active ingredients used in the two teas included as part of the MateFit 28 Day Teatox. Readers should note that the ingredient quantities are unlisted, which can make it impossible to estimate how effective each ingredient is within these mixes.
Matefit Metabolic Boost Drink:
- Organic Yerba Mate: A plant that is typically brewed as a tea, yerba mate is a natural source of caffeine, and has been the subject of several studies on weight loss. In a 2001 study of 47 healthy overweight adults, researchers found that taking an herbal preparation of yerba mate, guarana, and damiana three times daily for 45 days induced weight loss. It is not clear whether the individual ingredients from this preparation have the same weight loss potential on their own, or how much of each ingredient is required to replicate the results of the study. See our article on Yerba mate for more information.
- Sechung Oolong Tea: Oolong tea is a partially fermented tea made from the same plant that black and green teas are made from. Studies have suggested that the caffeine and antioxidants found in Oolong tea improve lipid metabolism in the body, and that chronic consumption of oolong tea could decrease body fat content and reduce body weight by a small amount.
- Organic Pinhead Gunpowder Tea: This is simply an exotic version of green tea, where the tea is rolled into pellets that unfurl in the hot water. Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a high calorie diet.
- Organic Angelica Root Powder: Angelica may help to treat premature ejaculation in men. In women, it can bring on menstrual periods. It is also used to treat heartburn and flatulence.
- Guarana Seed Powder: A berry that is naturally high in caffeine, it is often an ingredient in energy drinks and diet pills.
- Organic Licorice Root cut: Licorice can be used to treat digestive problems and has achieved mixed results in weight loss trials, but can cause water retention.
- Organic Stevia: Stevia is a natural sweetener that contains a fraction of the calories and health risks associated with sugar.
Matefit Detox Tea:
- Organic Dandelion Root: This plant is primarily used as an effective diuretic and laxative.
- Peppermint Loose Leaf Tea: Used to treat digestive problems, IBS, gas, and the common cold, as well as sinus infections.
- Organic Rosemary Leaf: Rosemary is taken for a range of digestive problems, including flatulence, heartburn and stomach complaints. No evidence exists to prove whether it is effective at stopping any of these issues.
- Organic Senna Leaf: Senna is an FDA-approved non-prescription laxative. It is used to treat constipation.
- Organic Cinnamon Powder: Although cinnamon is often used to relieve the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, it can sometimes induce IBS. It is not considered a good ingredient for regulating the bowel.
- Organic Black Pepper: Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
- Organic Ginger Root: Some studies suggest that ginger root is an appetite suppressant. One study used dried ginger powder to make a tea that participants drank with breakfast. Researchers found that satiety levels were much higher when the tea was consumed with breakfast, rather than just the breakfast on its own.
- Organic Hibiscus Flower Powder: May work as a laxative. Also used to treat a loss of appetite, which may be counterintuitive for weight loss.
- Organic Rhubarb Root Powder: This ingredient is used to treat a range of digestive complaints, including making bowel movements easier to pass.
- Organic Lemongrass Leaf: May be added for flavoring, but Lemongrass can also soothe stomach ache and digestive problems.
- Organic Grapefruit Peel: May Contain Naringin, which could enhance lipid (fat) metabolism in the body.
Does MateFit 28 Day Teatox Have Any Side Effects?
The Metabolic Boost Drink does not contain much that could cause side effects, although some customers have complained of bloating. The most major side effect of taking this tea is the high caffeine content, which can cause sleep problems, restlessness, stomach upset, nausea, high blood pressure, headaches, irregular heartbeats and general restlessness. Angelica can also cause fair-skinned people to burn more easily in the sun (as it causes the skin to be temporarily more sensitive).
The MateFit Detox Tea will act as a laxative and diuretic, which obviously can cause diarrhoea, stomach discomfort and cramps. Using the tea for the full 28 days can cause more serious issues, and we do not recommend that customers use this product for more than 2 weeks. Longer-term use of laxatives can cause dependency, meaning that users struggle to go to the bathroom without laxatives to help. Constantly flushing out the body can also cause an electrolyte imbalance, which can lead to organ disorders and muscle weakness over time.
Other ingredients in the detox tea could also cause adverse effects for some people. Rhubarb and ginger can cause heartburn and stomach discomfort, and can lead to heavier periods and uterine contractions for women. Allergic reactions to peppermint can cause hot flushes, headaches and mouth sores.
Not suitable for individuals under 18 years of age. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding consult a doctor before using this product. If you are taking any medication, or have any type of medical issue, consult with a doctor before using this product. Discontinue use if skin irritation occurs.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For MateFit 28 Day Teatox?
The customer reviews for the MateFit 28 day and 14 day teatoxes are mixed on whether the packs work, with the majority being generally negative. Some customers report losing weight and enjoy the taste of the teas, whereas most others complain that the products are ineffective.
Great products. This is a second time that I’m ordering the tea. I stopped drinking Coffee, lost 4 pounds.
From all the tea I have drink throughout the years, this tea combination is the best so far. To be fair, I only drink the green detox bag because it doesn’t make you bloated. The orange metabolic boost bag, make me bloated and stuff. Will buy the detox bag again only.
I was so excited when I purchased this product but it did not do what it’s advertised to. I’m convinced most of the positive reviews are fake. The metabolic boost tea gave me no energy and the two teas together led to no weight loss, despite my regular exercise and healthy diet. The only plus is that I thought both teas tasted good. I was expecting worse based on other reviews, but was pleasantly surprised. But in no way will I purchase this again, nor would I recommend it to anyone.
First of all, this tea tastes so bad that I could hardly drink it. Secondly, it made me pee all the time, it was awful. All the peeing interrupted my work and sleep. I don’t think this tea does anything but work as a diuretic to make you pee out extra water, making people think they are losing weight and whatnot. My energy level was no different, did not seem to have effect on my appetite. Will not order again, waste of money, not recommended.
Does MateFit 28 Day Teatox Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
On the official website, MateFit claim that all of their products are protected by a money-back guarantee. However, a detailed look at the confusing returns policy makes this seem untrue. In the same paragraph, MateFit claim that all returned products must be “unused and in the same condition that you received it”, before then stating that they accept “opened” packs 2 sentences later. In any case, the returns policy also states that the company can “reject” a refund after the item has been sent back, and claims that partial refunds may be offered. We don’t consider this odd arrangement to be a real money-back guarantee.
Where Can I Buy MateFit 28 Day Teatox?
MateFit’s various products can be purchased on the official MateFit website and on Amazon. You may also spot some good deals on eBay.
The full 28 day ultimate teatox costs $45 on the official website and $38.99 on Amazon. The smaller 14 day kit costs $24.99 on the official website and is currently out of stock on Amazon. Customers can also buy the individual tea packs if they prefer. A 28 day supply of the detox tea costs $24.99 on the official website, and $20.99 from Amazon. The metabolic boost tea can only be purchased on the MateFit website, and will cost $35 for a 40-day supply. All orders placed on Amazon and the MateFit website come with free shipping.
#1 Consumer Choice 2017: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >