It’s no secret that women often look for different things in a pre-workout supplement than their male counterparts. Whilst men are often seeking out power-boosting ingredients that contribute to muscular bulk, women often like to see their performance increase while putting on only relatively lean muscle (in general). To cater for these differing priorities, supplement manufacturers are increasingly tailoring their products with special “men’s only” and “women’s only” versions.
Below we take an in-depth look at McCall Fitness Women’s L-iquid Youth, to see whether this formula offers the right balance of ingredients to offer the best value to female athletes.
McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth Pros
- Likely delivers many of the advertised performance-boosting benefits
- Customer reviews are generally positive
- Relatively fewer side effects and better reviews than the similar men’s version
McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth Cons
- Extremely expensive
- No money back guarantee
- Many customers comment negatively on the taste
- Ingredient quantities not listed
Consider using the consumer #1 rated weight loss product – CLICK HERE
What You Need To Know About McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth
McCall Fitness Women’s L-iquid Youth is an all-purpose pre-workout supplement designed especially for women. It promises to help customers to build lean muscle and lose weight, whilst also guaranteeing better sleep patterns, better skin, and a host of other effects. Despite a long list of potentially impressive effects, this product’s main distinguishing feature is its incredibly high cost (which reaches up to more than $100 per month).
This article will only cover the Women’s version of the L-iquid Youth product, as the Men’s version is considerably different in terms of ingredients and effects.
What Are The Side Effects Of McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth?
Customers taking Women’s L-iquid Youth will be exposed to a huge number of ingredients, which greatly increases the chance of side effects. However, it must be said that this product comes with relatively fewer side effects than McCall Fitness’ similar L-iquid Youth product for men.
One major source of frequent side effects in many product like this is plain old caffeine, which can cause jitters, sleeplessness, heart palpitations, and increased blood pressure in high doses. The high and various doses of l-arginine in this product could also cause a range of effects, including, blood pressure changes, dizziness, vomiting, loss of consciousness, breathing issues, bloating, and diarrhoea.
L-carnitine is generally thought to be safe for use, although it can occasionally cause stomach problems, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhoea, seizures and a fishy odour from the urine, sweat, and breath. Lysine can cause stomach pain and diarrhoea.
Melatonin can cause headaches, short-term depression, dizziness, stomach cramps, and irritability.
How Much Does McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth Cost?
McCall Fitness Women’s L-iquid Youth is an extraordinarily expensive product, costing $100 plus $7 in shipping for a month’s supply. Discounts are only available when signing up for an auto-ship program or when buying in bulk, and still result in a month’s supply costing $90 as a minimum. This product is available to buy from the official McCall Fitness website and from Amazon.
Our Verdict On McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth
If any readers are familiar with the men’s version of this product, they may be as mystified as us as to why this one is so different and the strange choices that have been made. The main difference is that the men’s version has more in it, including a few ingredients designed to protect the gut or boost mental performance. Although the women’s version logically has fewer amino acids, the decision to advertise one as “for women” and one “for men” honestly has little basis in anything.
In any case, this women’s version is better for being different. It is less prone to causing side effects than the men’s version and has attracted better reviews. On balance, it appears to work broadly as advertised (although it offers no weight loss benefits), and should work well to boost performance without relying on bloat-inducing protein powder.
There are still serious concerns. Some customer reviews mention the fact that the product didn’t work at all for them, which would have been particularly hard to take when you consider that this product can set you back by more than $107 per month. This exorbitant cost is not protected by a money back guarantee, and is far in excess of other comparable products.
In short, this product could be a good bet if you have the money to spend, although most of its key actions can be replicated by using cheaper products with the same ingredients. Not one we would recommend but maybe worth a quick look if the ingredients appeal to you.
Overall, we do not recommend McCall Fitness Women’s L-iquid Youth to our readers.
The most popular consumer choice in 2018
With a combination of proven ingredients, superb customer service and a 60-day money-back guarantee, Phentaslim is making big waves in the diet world.
Find out why thousands of people are choosing Phentaslim to achieve their weight loss goals, and why it's also the editor's top selection.
Read the Watchdog Phentaslim review here.
McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth Review
McCall Fitness Women’s L-iquid Youth is a pre-workout supplement that is designed to boost performance, build lean muscle, and burn fat. Specifically advertised as an all-in-one formula, Women’s L-iquid Youth comes with “day” and “night” formulas that are obviously designed to be taken at different times of the day. As well as being comprehensive, this product is also marketed as extremely fast-acting, with customers told to expect results within just one week.
Women’s L-iquid Youth is manufactured by McCall Fitness, a family-owned company who are based in Austin, Texas in the USA. The company can be contacted using the information provided on their official website, or through their social media pages. Customers who use the contact form on the official website are told to expect a reply within 24 hours.
How to Take McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth
The directions for use are as follows:
Take 1 Scoop (approximately 18g) of Day Formula in the Morning & 1 Scoop (approximately 19.8g) of Night Formula at Night. Use these fruit flavored formulas 5 days a week.
For clarity, the L-iquid Youth product comes in a Women’s and Men’s version and this article covers just the Women’s product. The two versions are actually surprisingly different, meaning that we decided to give the Men’s version its own review article over on our sister site.
McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth Concerns:
- Extremely pricey supplement
- No money back guarantee
- Many reviews are faked on the official Amazon product page
What Does McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth Claim To Do?
The Women’s version of the L-iquid Youth product claims to pack a variety of effects in one supplement. L-iquid Youth claims to offer women the opportunity to build lean muscle and burn fat, whilst also improving overall health. In addition, the product’s many ingredients are also said to provide an anti-aging effect, improve skin, and rejuvenate the skin’s elasticity and overall clearness. The night formula claims to contribute to better sleep pattern by inducing a deeper form of REM. Finally, the NO boost is also said to increase blood flow and boost libido.
Does McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth Work?
Women’s L-iquid Youth makes a number of bold claims, and it could well deliver on a few of them. The product seem to be well-designed in terms of its performance-boosting ingredients, containing more than a few sources of l-arginine and with a host of other amino acids that should help to accentuate its various effects (such as raising NO production). The use of caffeine should help to boost energy and collagen could help to provide a measure of the beautifying effects.
However, most of the other claimed effects have no ingredients within the mix to back them up, most notably the claimed weight loss effects. There is very little in this product that could conceivably have an anti-aging effect or improve general health.
Some of the available customer reviews we could find that are genuine also express very mixed feelings on whether this product works, even as a performance-booster. As the ingredient quantities are not listed, it remains entirely possible that the overall mix is balanced so poorly that the product has very weak effects all-round.
What Are The Ingredients of McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth?
The ingredients found in McCall Fitness Women’s L-iquid Youth are detailed below. Readers should note that ingredient quantities are not listed for this product, which can make it hard for us to estimate how effective it is and the likelihood of side effects occurring.
Women’s Tropical Sunrise Blend (Day Formula) 14,190mg
- Palatinose: This artificial sweetener is similar to sucrose, but is distinguishable by its slow-digesting nature. Source
- L-Ornithine HCI: This rarely-used ingredient is actually an amino acid. One outdated study linked its use with improvements in lean mass and power output in weightlifters, but these results have not been replicated elsewhere. Source
- L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate: This essential amino acid is plentiful in foods and can be made by the body. Important for wound healing and circulation, l-arginine is thought to boost the levels of Nitric Oxide in the body. The use of the Alpha-Ketoglutarate salt is intended to increase intestinal uptake. Source
- Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate (Nitrosigine): This patented complex raises the levels of arginine in the blood for far longer than normal (up to 3 hours according to one clinical trial). The same trial indicates that the ingredient increases NO production and blood flow. Source
- N-Acetyl L-Carnitine: There is some evidence that supplementation of acetyl-l-carnitine can reduce body fat, although the strongest results were seen in the elderly. The ingredient also boosts energy levels, and is used to treat fatigue. Source
- L-Glutamine: This is an essential amino acid, which is a building block of protein. It is the most abundant free amino acid in the body, and is produced in the muscles and distributed where it is needed via the circulatory system. Supplementation can only help to build muscle in limited circumstances, as (once again) most people enjoy sufficient stocks of glutamine from their regular diet or from protein powders. Source
- Caffeine Complex (Caffeine Anhydrous, Dicaffeine Malate, Caffeine Citrate): Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive. Caffeine is also known to boost athletic performance. Source
- Citrulline Malate: L-Citrulline is thought to increase l-arginine levels in the body, which in turn widens the blood vessels and increases blood flow to the muscles. Source
- L-Lysine HCI: Lysine is an amino acid that is sometimes used to improve athletic performance. Source
- Agmatine Sulfate: Agmatine Sulfate is thought by some to act as a useful form of pain relief, although most sports supplement manufacturers promote it as a way to improve performance and aid exercise recovery. Source
- Norvaline: This amino acid is thought to be complementary to l-arginine, as it inhibits arginase and helps to prolong and intensify the effect that arginine has on the body. Source
- Beet (root) Extract (providing nitrates)
- Trans-Resveratrol: This ingredient is a type of polyphenol, an antioxidant, which is found naturally in the skin of red grapes, as well as some other plant sources. Resveratrol has been found to help prevent insulin resistance, and so indirectly could have implications for weight loss in some patients. However, as yet this has not been confirmed conclusively through clinical trials. It is thought that antioxidants in general promote general health and wellness. Source
- Hyaluronic Acid: Naturally found in the body, but can also be extracted from rooster combs or made by bacteria in a lab. Hyaluronic acid is found in fluids in joints, and so is used to treat joint disorders including osteoarthritis. There is some interest in its role in fighting visible signs of aging, but there is no clinical evidence available to suggest that it could affect this at all. Source
- Biotin 300mcg: Also known as Vitamin H, biotin helps in the process of converting food into energy. Most people get all the biotin supplies they need from a normal, healthy diet. Source
- Calcium (as Eggshell Calcium) 500mg: Studies have shown that calcium can play a significant role in weight loss, especially loss of fat mass. Research shows that fresh dairy sources of calcium are more effective than supplementation. The amounts that are included in this product may only make a minimal difference to dieting attempts, as studies in humans showed weight loss results when consuming 600mg of calcium in addition to that found naturally in their calorie restricted diet. Having good source of calcium are also considered important to athletic performance. Source
- Potassium (from Inositol-Stabilized Arginine Silicate) 75mg
Women’s Tahitian Sunset Blend (Night Formula) 16,962mg
- L-Arginine Pyroglutamate: The pyroglutamate form of arginine is different only in its method of delivering the amino acid into the body. Source
- Glycine: Although most people will enjoy sufficient supplies of glycine from their normal diet, this amino acid is still vitally important for the normal functioning of the body. It is mainly involved in the formation of creatine, and in the metabolism and digestive processes in general. Source
- Melatonin: Melatonin is a hormone which helps to regulate the body’s sleep cycle. It is used as a supplement to treat insomnia, and is also used to treat depression. Source
- Collagen: Collagen is similar in form to gelatine. Although thought to be effective as a means of relieving joint pain and arthritis, there is no credible evidence supporting the use of collagen as a weight loss aid. Collagen supplementation may also benefit skin quality over a prolonged period of time. Source
- L-Cysteine N-Acetyl: This chemical is known to inhibit the production of arginase. This is in turn is known to effectively increase the production of Nitric Oxide (NO), which will widen the body’s blood vessels and increase the flow of blood to the muscles. Source
- L-Ornithine HCI
- L-Lysine HCI
- N-Acetyl L-Carnitine
- Citrulline Malate
- Pyroglutamic Acid
Does McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth Have Any Side Effects?
As with many products with high numbers of ingredients, there is a moderate-to-high chance of this product causing side effects.
High doses of caffeine can cause headaches, jitteriness, insomnia, an increased heartrate, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, and increased blood pressure.
In one study, L-Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AAKG) caused side effects including dizziness, vomiting, and loss of consciousness. AAKG is not recommended for continuous, high-level use for more than 60 days.
L-carnitine is generally thought to be safe for use, although it can occasionally cause stomach problems, vomiting, heartburn, diarrhoea, seizures and a fishy odour from the urine, sweat and breath. Lysine can cause stomach pain and diarrhoea, and Hyaluronic acid also has the potential to cause serious allergic reactions, although the potential for this is extremely rare.
Melatonin can cause headaches, short-term depression, dizziness, stomach cramps and irritability. Very high doses of ornithine could cause diarrhoea, but this is incredibly unlikely as doses of 4 or more grams per day are generally well-tolerated in trials.
Maximum safe doses in pregnant or nursing women, young children, and those with severe liver or kidney disease have not yet been established. If you are diabetic, have severe liver, or kidney disease, please consult a medical doctor before use. If you have angina, congestive heart failure, or intermittent claudication, do not attempt to treat yourself with arginine derived nutritional products except under a physician’s supervision. Not intended for the use by persons under 18. Do not use if you have had a heart attack. Inhalation may amplify the inflammatory response in people with asthma. Consult a medical doctor before use if you have been treated for, or diagnosed with or have a family history of any medical condition, or if you are using any prescription or over-the-counter drug(s). Consult a medical doctor before starting any diet or exercise program. Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Improper use of this product will not improve results. Use only as directed. Do not use if the package has been tampered with. Do not refrigerate. Store in a cool, dry place (60 to 80 degrees). Keep out of the reach of children.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth?
We were able to find a number of customer reviews on the product’s Amazon page, with many expressing positive thoughts about the product and its effects. However, a quick visit to the fake-review spotter FakeSpot shows us that many of the reviews posted to the Amazon page have been faked. Out of the real ones that remain, we see a more mixed reception, although some still report hugely positive experiences. Criticism is often reserved for the product’s poor taste and side effects.
I have really enjoyed using this product (in combination with a healthy lifestyle and workout routine). I will be ordering my 3rd round of the Liquid Youth this week. I really like the day time formula because I feel like it gives me a good boost in energy without the jitters, and I also feel like it gives me a calming sensation while brightening my mood. The night formula definitely helps enhance my sleep, which I really do enjoy. I also have enjoyed getting some feedback from the owner, he is very responsive and gives great advice. This really makes me like the products even more! I looking forward to continuing to use this product. 🙂
This stuff is amazing I could notice more energy, slept better and many more things. I will keep buying and encourage everyone to try.
I can tolerate the AM formula for the energy boost it gives me….and it does give a nice boost. However, I have to choke it down due to the taste and I am really not that picky about these kinds of things! The PM formula gives me a stomach ache that keeps me up all night…no bueno!
I still have more than half leftover. It just didn’t work out for me. I’ve been going through depression and my doctor said maybe I should’ve waited until I had control. The flavor is very good, night time helps me fall asleep but the morning time really didn’t help much at this time
Does McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
McCall Fitness claim to offer a “100% Money Back” policy, but the terms and conditions reveal that this is actually incredibly restricted. When they are referring to “100% money back”, what they are actually referring to is that they do not charge any restocking fees on unopened products.
The official website states:
“Unopened L-iquid Youth may be returned within 30 days of receipt provided they are received in the same, new and unopened condition in which they were shipped. We will not accept or issue a refund for returned product(s) after this 30-day period has elapsed. Unopened products will be refunded for full purchase price less original shipping charges after delivery to our Returns Department. The customer is responsible for return shipping, adequate return packaging, and package insurance. When returning an item, we highly recommend using a shipping method that provides step-by-step tracking information to help ensure its safe arrival. McCall Fitness reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any return that does not comply with these requirements. Once the returned products are received and reviewed, the refund will be issued.
Please Return Products To:
P.O. Box 170505
Austin, TX 78717”
Where Can I Buy McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth?
McCall Fitness Women’s L-iquid Youth is currently available to buy on the manufacturer’s official website and on Amazon. The price on both outlets is the same.
A single pack of L-iquid Youth (containing 20 servings of the day formula and 20 servings of the night formula) costs $99.99 plus $7.25 in shipping. Customers choosing to sign up to an auto-ship program can expect to pay $90 a month in total, and customers opting to buy 2 packs of L-iquid Youth at once will receive a McCall Fitness Fat Burner product for free on the official website.
How does McCall Fitness Women’s L-Iquid Youth compare to Phentaslim?
|Clinically Proven Ingredients|
|Side Effect Free|
|Positive Customer Reviews|
McCall Fitness Women's L-Iquid Youth Rating
Price / Guarantee
The Diet Pills Watchdog does not recommend McCall Fitness Women's L-Iquid Youth.
#1 Consumer Choice 2018: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >