MetaSystem CortiSystem is designed to keep you from eating the wrong food. It includes ingredient that suppress appetite and prevent hunger pangs. The question is, should you really be spending so much money just to suppress appetite? Will it be enough to lose weight? Here is our review to help you decide.
Similarly, CortiSystem Detox is the other half of the program and contains ingredients like psyllium husk, black walnut hull powder, and glucomannan powder. The combination is supposed to detoxify your body and flush toxins out of your system. MetaSystem CortiSystem Natural Weight Loss Program looks good on paper, but there is no scientific evidence that it will produce results in the real world.
MetaSystem CortiSystem includes many ingredients, so you are likely to experience some side effects. The most common side effects come from its caffeine content. You are likely to have increased heart rate, high blood pressure, irritability, insomnia, and gastrointestinal problems. Refer to our “Side Effects” section to learn more.
MetaSystem CortiSystem is advertised as a weight loss program. This seems to be a comprehensive program, but unfortunately, it is not going to work for you. The biggest concern is that it uses proprietary blends, and offers no information about how much of each ingredient is included in the formula. It contains caffeine, which may increase energy for some time but you will eventually experience a crash.
MetaSystem CortiSystem Review
MetaSystem CortiSystem is a natural weight loss program, that tries to reduce weight by suppressing appetite. There are two bottles included in the package – CortiSystem Trim and CortiSystem Detox. One bottle is to help you control your caloric intake, while the other one is to promote detoxification. The problem is that MetaSystem CortiSystem uses proprietary blends of ingredients, which is why we believe that it is not going to prove effective. The ingredient profile looks good on paper, but lacks necessary scientific evidence to support its use.
CortiSystem Trim includes chromium, which is supposed to help stabilize your blood sugar levels. When your blood sugar level is in control, you are less likely to feel hungry. It may certainly play a role here, but do not expect any significant results here. For instance:
- Recently, a meta-analysis of 11 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials in 866 overweight or obese subjects found a significant 0.50-kilogram (1.10-pound) reduction in body weight with supplemental chromium (most exclusively in the form of chromium picolinate) at doses between 137 g/day and 1,000 g/day for 8-24 weeks (PubMed). However, such a small change did not reach a clinically significant weight loss of 5% of the initial body weight.
Another study has confirmed that supplementing with chromium may not produce significant weight loss benefits:
- A 2013 study titled A double-blind, randomized pilot trial of chromium picolinate for binge eating disorder: results of the Binge Eating and Chromium (BEACh) study. This study involved 24 people and lasted 6 months. The researchers noted that 600 to 1000 micrograms of chromium significantly lowered blood sugar levels, but did not have a significant effect on binge eating, body weight or depression.
Some studies have actually found no results at all. For instance:
- At least 12 placebo-controlled studies have compared the effect of chromium supplementation (172-1,000 g/day of chromium as chromium picolinate) with or without an exercise program on lean body mass and measures of body fat. In general, the studies that used the most sensitive and accurate methods of measuring body fat and lean mass (dual energy x-ray absorbtiometry or DEXA and hydrodensitometry or underwater weighing) did not find a beneficial effect of chromium supplementation on body composition (PubMed) (PubMed).
Another thing is that you need to take larger doses of chromium to observe any benefits. You should be taking more than 600mcg a day, but MetaSystem CortiSystem only provides you with 100mcg a day.
CortiSystem Trim includes caffeine as well – guarana tea extract also increases the caffeine content of the product. Caffeine works by stimulating your central nervous system. It masks the feelings of tiredness for some time, but you eventually end up experiencing a crash. Caffeine may certainly help with increased alertness, but your body develops a tolerance against it. This is when you have to increase the dose, which in turn increases your risk of experiencing many side effects.
It is worth mentioning that the combination of caffeine and green tea extract may help promote weight loss, but even then, the effects are not going to be that significant. For instance:
- “In a carefully controlled study, providing a green tea extract (50 mg caffeine/90 mg EGCg) with breakfast, lunch and dinner, the total number of extra calories burned daily increased by about 80 calories.”
Another ingredient in CortiSystem Trim is Banaba extract. Some studies have shown that Banaba extract may be helpful, but it is hard to say anything for certain because most studies have included other ingredients as well. Moreover, you are not going to see any benefits unless you take more than 20mg a day. We cannot say if that much is available through CortiSystem Trim, so it is better to avoid it in the first place.
How to Take MetaSystem CortiSystem
MetaSystem CortiSystem is a two-part system. You need to take 1 capsule twice a day from CortiSystem Trim, along with 1-2 doses of CortiSystem Detox.
Magnolia bark is also there in the blend. It is mainly used to help treat menstrual cramps, digestive problems, and nausea. It contains antioxidants that may help prevent oxidative damage and lowers inflammation in the body. It certainly offers some anti-stress benefits, but do not expect much in terms of fat loss.
The only effective ingredient with some good studies to back its results is glucomannan. This dietary fiber is supposed to expand in the intestines, which in turn increases a feeling of satiety. That feeling of fullness will keep you from overeating. Some studies have shown that you are likely to lose at up to 8 pounds in 5 weeks, by paying attention to your diet and supplementing with glucomannan at the same time. Another study has confirmed the same:
- Forty-two sedentary and overweight men and women received a lower dose of glucomannan (compared to other studies) taken before two meals every day that were not calorie controlled. Half of the group participated in total body exercise for one hour three times a week while the other group remained sedentary. After 8 weeks, both groups reduced their calorie intake, lost weight and fat while also improving their blood lipids. The exercise group, however, showed the greatest improvement in lipids and experienced up o a 63% greater fat loss for men and 50% greater fat loss in women when compared to the non-exercise group! No further reductions in weight loss were seen.
Just keep in mind that glucomannan works when you take enough of it daily and combine it with a healthy diet. It may not be effective in CortiSystem Trim, because we do not know how much of it is there in each serving.
Many other ingredients do not actually burn fat but lower water weight. Theobromine, for instance, acts as a diuretic and increases urination. You may feel lighter when you lose water but that is not fat loss in the real sense. Moreover taking a diuretic along with some laxatives found in CortiSystem Detox can cause several side effects.
MetaSystem CortiSystem Concerns:
- Ineffective, under-dosed ingredients
- Proprietary blends
- Lack of scientific evidence
- Difficult to take on a long-term basis
- Very expensive
CortiSystem Detox is the other product included in the program, but again, it does nothing to help you lose weight. You cannot lose fat by ‘detoxifying’ your body; in fact, it is not possible to detoxify your system with some supplements because your body has its own built-in mechanism to flush toxins. If you think you have toxins in your system because of a kidney disease, no supplement is going to fix it. And if your kidneys are healthy, you just need to eat healthy to ensure that your body can deal with toxins in an efficient way. Here is what experts say:
- While it’s true your body is regularly exposed to a wide variety of toxic substances, and while some of them are particularly nasty and can accumulate in body fat, there’s no evidence that trendy “cleanses” and “detox diets” help mitigate the damage or rid the body of toxins.
The fact of the matter is that CortiSystem Natural Weight Loss Program looks impressive at first, but you soon realize that there is nothing in it that separates it from other similar supplements. In fact, you can easily find many popular and effective fat burners that produce better results. moreover, you will be better off buying a glucomannan supplement to tackle appetite than spending so much money on CortiSystem. So, avoid it and look for something with scientifically backed ingredients and positive customer reviews.
What Does MetaSystem CortiSystem Claim To Do?
MetaSystem CortiSystem uses a number of herbs and natural ingredients, and claims to help you in many different ways. Here are some of its claimed benefits:
- Helps you lose weight more effectively
- Burns additional calories
- Increases your metabolism
- Suppresses appetite
- Detoxifies your system
Does MetaSystem CortiSystem Work?
MetaSystem CortiSystem Natural Weight Loss Program promises to help you reduce your weight in a healthy way. It actually includes two products – one is to help increase your metabolism and suppress appetite, and the other one is to help detoxify your body.
Unfortunately, the ingredients used in these products do not have enough scientific evidence to support their use. Caffeine may certainly help to a certain extent, but it can also cause several side effects. Similarly, glucomannan is beneficial but you need to know how much of it is there in each serving. MetaSystem CortiSystem uses proprietary blends, and that is a big reason why customers are skeptical about making a purchase. Some ingredients in CortiSystem detox may have laxative effects, but you are not going to lose weight simply by ‘detoxifying’ your body. Overall, there is no evidence that the formula used in MetaSystem CortiSystem is effective.
What Are The Ingredients of MetaSystem CortiSystem?
MetaSystem CortiSystem is a two-party weight loss program and it includes a variety of ingredients. Here is the ingredient list from the official website:
- CortiSystem Trim: Chromium (amino acid chelate) 100mcg Caffeine (anhydrous)
- 200mg Proprietary Blend: Consisting of Hoodia Gordonii Cactus Powder, Magnolia Bark (1.5% extract), Glucomannan, Green Tea (50% extract), Theobromine (99%), Guarana (33% extract providing 17mg naturally-occurring caffeine), Cha de Bugre (herb powder), Maca Extract (0.6% macamides), L-Theanine, Banaba (1% extract), and Gugglesterone.
- CortiSystem Detox: Proprietary Blend Consisting of Psyllium Husks, Bentonite Clay, Black Walnut Hull Powder, Oat Bran Powder, Flaxseed Powder, Prune Powder, Aloe Vera Powder, L. Acidophilus, Apple Pectin Powder, and Gluccomannan Powder.
The ingredient profile looks impressive on paper, but unfortunately, most of these ingredients are either under-dosed or ineffective. There is no scientific evidence that using this system will help you lose weight effectively.
Does MetaSystem CortiSystem Have Any Side Effects?
MetaSystem CortiSystem contains two products – one is to help suppress your appetite, and the other one is to flush toxins out of your system. These products use a long list of ingredients, which is why it is always possible to develop side effects. It contains caffeine, which may cause problems like irritability, increased heart rate, dizziness, insomnia, and elevated blood pressure.
Hoodia Gordonii is in the blend, which can cause problems like elevated blood pressure, increased heart rate and gastrointestinal problems. Some people may also develop skin allergies. Mangolia bark is included to help suppress appetite and promote weight loss, but it can also lead to issues, like difficulty breathing, vertigo, and dizziness. The use of banaba leaf extract may also cause several side effects, such as skin allergies, constipation, and gastrointestinal problems. Its use may also lead to drug interactions.
Avoid MetaSystem CortiSystem Natural Weight Loss Program when you are pregnant or breastfeeding, because many of its ingredients are not safe for you and your baby.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For MetaSystem CortiSystem?
MetaSystem CortiSystem is marketed as a weight loss program that keeps you from eating all the wrong stuff. The ingredients certainly looks impressive, but it seems that the formula lacks potency, as most customers are not happy with the results. For instance:
I do not think MetaSystem CortiSystem is a good way to lose weight. I have been using it for a few weeks now but I have not noticed any change at all.
It may help suppress appetite to a certain extent, but do not expect anything more than that. Do not take it as your regular fat burner. It is not going to help a lot.
Does MetaSystem CortiSystem Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
No, it does not come with a money-back guarantee.
Where Can I Buy MetaSystem CortiSystem?
You can buy MetaSystem CortiSystem from the official website, or order through some third-party retailers as well.