Nutribody Protein is a protein powder derived from peas and brown rice. This vegan protein powder is suitable for muscle building and weight loss and will not cause the side effects commonly associated with taking whey powder. If you are trying to avoid soy, dairy or meat, this protein powder looks like a great choice. Does it work? We take an in depth look to find out.
Nutribody Protein comes from US company Baseline Nutritionals who specialise in health supplements based on organic ingredients. The company’s slogan is “when compromise is not an option” and is aimed at people who want good quality supplements and believe in alternative health.
You can also buy Nutribody Protein via Amazon USA for the same price.
We are impressed with Nutribody Protein and it is not often we say that about supplements! This protein powder looks to be a good quality product which compares well performance wise with whey protein but has none of the possible side effects. In our opinion, Nutribody Protein looks clean and safe and will suit people who care as much about their health as they do in building muscle and getting a six pack.
Nutribody Protein Review
Nutribody Protein is a powdered protein supplement that you add to juice or fruit in order to make a protein shake or smoothie. It is only available in vanilla flavour and is one of the only protein powders that we have seen which is suitable for vegans and is kosher.
According to the product information it is suitable for athletes and people wanting to build muscle and strength. It is also suitable for weight loss and it can be used as a meal replacement shake or as a nutritional supplement for seniors and adults of all ages.
Baseline Nutritionals is an alternative health company and many of their products seemed to be aimed at increasing longevity and vitality thanks to the advice of their so called “miracle doctors.” In truth we are always a bit sceptical of anything that looks like a new age style supplement company. Far too often “alternative health” descends into colon cleansing and other wacky and unproven theories around how the body works with supplements for liver detoxes and similar. It can seem a short step away from tree hugging and crystal healing!
However, Nutribody Protein looks to be a very good supplement that should suit even the most traditional and mainstream athlete or body builder. The protein powder contains natural protein derived from pea and brown rice and has a comprehensive amino acid profile which compares well with whey protein.
How to Take Nutribody Protein
Mix 1 scoop (4 rounded tbsp) of Nutribody Protein ® with juice or add to fruit to make a smoothie! Best if taken throughout the day in a shake or mixed in a meal. For active adults, consume 0.5 grams of protein per pound of weight per day. For maximum strength athletes, consume 0.8 grams of protein (or more) per pound of body weight per day.
It also contains Citruline malate, which may improve aerobic performance and capacity. Citruline malate appears to work by influencing lactic acid metabolism and reducing fatigue.
Nutribody Protein looks to be a safer and healthier alternative to powders based on whey protein and soy. Although whey protein is used by numerous athletes and body builders it can cause a range of gastro intestinal side effects and there are concerns that soy has an effect upon the body similar to oestrogen.
Nutribody Protein Concerns:
- This supplement is expensive
- Lacks feedback from gym goers or bodybuilders
- You have to sign up to the company before you can buy this protein powder from the product website, which seems unnecessary
Baseline Nutritionals was founded in 2003 by husband and wife team Jon and Kristen Barron and the head office is based in Las Vegas. According to the “about us” information, all products are manufactured in GMP (good manufacturing practice) facilities and have been purity tested for heavy metals. The product information claims that all ingredients used in supplements are derived from identifiable sources.
You have to open an account with the company before you can buy from the website but Baseline Nutritionals do not seem to be running any auto bill scams.
What Does Nutribody Protein Claim To Do?
According to the product information, Nutribody Protein is the “most nutritious, bio-digestible, hypoallergenic, vegan protein powder on the market”.
It is a “complete rice and pea protein with no side effects.”
There are six key features:
- New and Improved: Now with ultra-low-heavy-metal, organic sprouted brown rice and certified organic pea protein. Lighter color and an enhanced natural vanilla flavor.
- Provides high nutritional value of pure, easily digestible pea & rice protein with no gastric distress, bloating, carbs, sugar, or artificial sweeteners.
- Increase protein in your diet, manage blood sugar and build muscle while losing body fat.
- Sustain energy and reduce the total number of calories eaten in a day by curbing your appetite through long-lasting vegan protein.
- Citruline Malate to train harder, work out longer and speed up recovery time.
- 25g of healthy protein per serving for seniors, active adults, athletes, vegans, vegetarians, or for weight management of all ages.
Does Nutribody Protein Work?
If you use Nutribody Protein as part of your workout program to build muscle it will undoubtedly work as well as, if not better than whey. Pea protein has a similar amino acid profile to whey and along with the L Citrulate Malate will provide a pre workout boost and assist in post workout recovery. In addition, the ingredients in this powder are animal free and are well tolerated by the body. Nutribody Protein digests very easily and side effects and allergies are very unlikely to be a problem.
Nutribody Protein may assist weight loss too. Pea protein may help regulate ghrelin, a substance in the stomach that signals the brain when you are hungry.
Overall, we feel that if you are looking for a protein powder a protein powder based on peas such as Nutribody Protein may be a good choice. And with the additional ingredients of L Citruline Malate and Brown rice extract we think this supplement could be a good choice.
What Are The Ingredients of Nutribody Protein?
Serving size is one scoop (37g) and contains 140 calories. If you add to fruit juice or milk you will have to take the additional calories of your chosen base beverage into consideration. The powder contains 25g of protein per serving.
- Organic Sprouted Brown Rice Protein: Brown rice protein is high in amino acids Cysteine and Methionine but is low in lysine. When combined with pea protein which is high in lysine, the amino acid profile is similar to dairy products but without the risk of side effects such as bloating and gas.
- Non-GMO Yellow Pea Protein: Pea protein is high in lysine, argnine and phenylalanine.
- High Oleic, Monosaturated, Sunflower oil powder: Low in saturated fats, sunflower oil contains Linoleic acid an omega 6 fatty acid.
- Natural Vanilla Flavoring
- L-Citruline Malate: Amino acid that is manufactured in the body and which is changed into L Arginine and nitric oxide in the kidneys. L Citruline supplementation helps improve the blood flow through the body and can help with a wide range of purposes including lowering blood pressure, improving heart health and helping muscle building.
- Organic Stevia 97% RebA +: Natural sweetener that is sweeter than sugar. It contains a chemical called Rebaudioside A which is used in many sweeteners such as Truvia. It can lower blood pressure.
- Organic Guar Gum: Fibre that is often used as a thickening agent in the food industry. It may be effective for weight loss because it expands in the stomach causing feelings of fullness.
Does Nutribody Protein Have Any Side Effects?
Side effects are unlikely. However, some of the ingredients may lower blood pressure.
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding (standard advice for all supplements). Speak to your doctor first if you have an underlying medical condition or are taking prescription medication, especially anything relating to blood pressure.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Nutribody Protein?
There is not a great deal of customer feedback for Nutribody Protein. However, there are some customer reviews placed on the product website and there are also customer reviews on Amazon. All reviews are positive and some seem to have been left in return for a free sample.
This customer used it to increase his protein intake,
I was provided a promotional sample in exchange for my honest review. This stuff is the real deal. …I feel better. I use it to get a bit more protein into my diet in the morning. It evens out my energy throughout the day.
Another customer reported,
Love this stuff! I mix it with water in the morning after a workout and get a nice boost from it. No bloating.
The flavour is an issue with this customer,
This is a very healthy veggie protein with no sweeteners or additives. But it tastes like what it is made out of … Peas. There’s no way around it I know but the flavor pulls it down a star. For what it’s worth this is the highest rating I’ve given any veggie protein.
The price is also an issue with some customers,
A little too expensive, but otherwise excellent in all ways.
Although feedback is generally good for Nutribody Protein, nobody appears to be using it as a bodybuilding supplement.
Does Nutribody Protein Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is a money-back guarantee if you buy from the Baseline Nutritional website. However, it is only valid for 30 days and is not that easy to claim.
Here’s what Baseline Nutritional have to say about it,
Baseline Nutritional guarantees every product you purchase for 30 days from date of delivery. If for any reason you change your mind about your purchase, just return the opened and unopened portions of the order and we will promptly and cheerfully refund the full purchase price of those products. It’s safe to order, that’s our absolute money-back guarantee.
Before you can claim your money back refund you need to contact customer services for RMA # (return merchandise number). You will need to provide the following information: – Reason for the return. -Which product(s) you are returning? -Are the product(s) opened or unopened -Lot number(s).
Where Can I Buy Nutribody Protein?
You can buy Nutribody Protein direct from the Baseline Nutrition website but you will have to join the site first and register for an account.
Nutribody Protein is also available via Amazon USA.