Phen Blue works just like controlled diet drug according to the manufacturers, but with the added advantage of not requiring a prescription. The advertising claims that Phen Blue is clinically proven to promote weight loss, suppress your appetite and boost your energy and metabolism.
All the features of a prescription product but is Phen Blue the real deal and more importantly is it safe?
Phen Blue Pros
- Easy to read website
- Money back guarantee
Phen Blue Cons
- Insufficient ingredients profile
- No independent customer feedback
- You are advised to avoid tea coffee and soda while taking Phen Blue
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
Phen Blue Review
Phen Blue copies a prescription drug right down to the colour of the pills and the style of the advertising.
Phen Blue is an over the counter diet pill that looks like prescription drug. It is made by Intechra Health a US supplement company who also manufacture Fen Fast 375 and Trimthin SR two similar looking weight loss products.
Phen Blue is an appetite suppressant combined with a fat burner and energy enhancer, and according to the company contains best quality pharmaceutical grade ingredients although they do not provide source details.
Intechra Health looks to be a reliable American company and all their products are manufactured within the USA in a Good Manufacturing Practices certified (cGMP) facility.
Phen Blue contains five key ingredients that will, they claim, help dieters achieve all day weight loss and weight loss up to 20lbs in 30 days is not unusual.
To use Phen Blue take one capsule twice daily. Information is not provided but we suggest with breakfast and lunch. Phen Blue contains stimulants so should not be taken too closely to bedtime.
Phen Blue Concerns
- Marketed as a safe over the counter legal alternative
- Lacks full ingredient profile, so unsure if sufficient ingredient amounts
- Lack of independent customer testimonials
What Does Phen Blue Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, Phen Blue has four key features.
- Clinically proven weight loss ingredients
- Pharmaceutical Grade Diet Supplement
- Works Like prescription product
- Burn Fat 24 Hrs A Day
Phen Blue also claims to be the Best Weight Loss Pill Of 2013. This looks like some kind of industry award but it appears that Phen Blue have awarded this honour to themselves so is no great recommendation.
You are invited to;
Lose Weight & Unveil a New Tighter, Toned Body
and Phen Blue proposes the following questions:
- Would You Like To Lose 20lbs In 30 Days?
- Would You Like A More Toned, Sculpted Body?
- Would You Like To Eat Less Without Hunger?
Obviously, the answer is going to be yes and according to the advertising, Phen Blue will help you achieve this.
One matter for concern is the proposed rate of weight loss. 20lbs in a month is too high for safety because safe rate of weight loss is between 1–2lbs per week. Rapid weight loss is usually hard to maintain long term and it comes with health risks.
It seems likely if Phen Blue really causes such fast weight loss it will come with side effects and will not help you lose weight long term either.
So What Is Phen Blue and What Are The Ingredients For Phen Blue?
Phen Blue is a diet pill that acts as an appetite suppressant combined with a fat burner. It contains five ingredients. The ingredient profile looks good but lacks the real quantities found in the capsules, which is disappointing.
- 1,3,7-trimethylxanthine also known as caffeine anhydrous: This is a pure powder form of caffeine and often used in weight loss supplements. Caffeine promotes alertness and in high levels reduces appetite. Caffeine increases the speed of the metabolism and it can cause side effects of jitteriness, anxiety and insomnia. Take a look at our Caffeine article or Caffeine on WebMD
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan, often called 5HTP: This is an amino acid, which is present naturally in the body and affects the production of serotonin – the brains feel good chemical. Clinical trials have found that 5HTP and enhanced serotonin levels prevent against depression and eating disorders such as binge eating. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9727088
- 7-Keto-Dehydroepiandrosterone Acetate: More usually referred to as 7-Keto-DHEA is a chemical, which is found in the body and a by-product of Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA). 7 Keto DHEA has a fat burning effect and is especially effective when taken in combination with an exercise regime because clinical testing has suggested it might increase the speed of the metabolism.There are concerns that long-term use may cause changes to hormone levels including testosterone and this substance may test positive in performance enhancing drugs tests. Source: 7 Keto DHEA on WebMD
- Epigallocatechin 3-Gallate (EGCG): Antioxidant found in green tea and other foodstuffs. EGCG has many health benefits most notably in the fight against cancer because this natural antioxidant helps the cells of the body repair damage to cells and tissues. EGCG is believed to increase metabolism and has been clinically tested. Results are favourable but it requires further testing to identify the optimum dose and efficacy for weight loss. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17906192
- Forskolin: Derived from Kenyan plant Coleus Forskohlii and often taken by bodybuilders in the belief that it builds lean body muscle. According to some clinical tests, Forskolin has found to have limited effects on body composition and no apparent clinically significant side effects. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2129145/
So What Does All This Mean?
Phen Blue contains some interesting ingredients that may help you lose weight. However, the big problem with the supplement is that it lacks the quantities information. How much caffeine for example? Without knowing, it is hard to gauge the true effects you are likely to get.
Does Phen Blue Have Any Side Effects?
Phen Blue contains stimulants so you may experience side effects including anxiety , insomnia, jitteriness, irritability , head aches and similar, especially if you are sensitive.
There are some concerns around 7 Keto DHEA which may have an effect upon hormone levels.
According to the website, full product information and health warnings are included on the product label but the company have not revealed this information online.
Caution: Avoid Phen Blue if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Do not take Phen Blue if you are suffering from a heart condition or have high blood pressure and you should take advice from your doctor if you have any concerns.
You should avoid if you are taking any other medication in case it interferes with function. Company advice is to avoid any caffeine based substances while taking this product.
Any Phen Blue Reviews From Customers?
There is a lack of independent customer feedback, which is a shame. Phen Blue is sold direct from the product website or promoted from a number of diet pill review sites. There is some positive feedback available on third party marketing sites but the credibility of these is hard to assess.
A few reviews we feel may be exaggerated and losing 20lbs within 30 days is dangerous for health.
So Does Phen Blue Work?
It should work, judging by the ingredients but the big problem is that the amounts of active ingredients are not specified. Without this information it is impossible to truly assess.
Judging by the warnings on the website, Phen Blue does contain plenty of the stimulant ingredients and it is possible that this supplement is just a stimulant and nothing else. However, stimulants help you lose weight by making you too “wired” to eat. If you want this effect, Phen Blue may suit you.
Where Can I Buy Phen Blue?
The best place to buy Phen blue is direct from the product website.
One month’s supply of one bottle of 60 capsules costs $64 plus shipping costs to USA addresses. Six months supply of 6 bottles costs $279 so works out a better deal if you like it.
You will have to pay shipping costs for orders under $120. International customers need to contact the company in advance.
How About a Money-Back Guarantee?
Phen Blue is advertised as coming with a full A 30 day guarantee. You will need to contact customer services at Intechra to find out how to qualify for this offer.
No issues surrounding the guarantee are reported.
Apart from the obvious attempt to look like a controlled substance, Phen Blue looks pretty good and if you are looking for something that acts as a stimulant to help you lose weight, it may be a good choice.
That said, we question the need for such stimulant-based supplements and are concerned about the lack of information regarding ingredient amounts and side effects. If these facts were more transparent and if Phen Blue had some real customer information, we would approve this supplement.
Sadly, until these issues are addressed we feel that Phen Blue is not quite up to the Diet Pills Watchdog standard and so reject this supplement.
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
#1 Consumer Choice 2018: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >