Phenocal is a fat burner diet pill that claims to help you lose weight by increasing your energy and decreasing your appetite and according to the product advertising, it will make you look fantastic too.
Whilst certainly not the most ingredients we have seen crammed into a diet pill it’s not far off! We see if Phenocal can “turbo charge” your metabolism, give you energy and control food cravings. We take an in depth look at Phenocal to get behind the confusion and to see whether this supplement is worth a try.
It seems that “Health web shopping” provide the fulfilment and customer support, including returns, for all Phenocal orders as the same contact number is used and this company provides the billing solution.
We would have liked to know a return address because it would have reassured us that Pharmaxa are serious about the guarantee. We don’t think they are and in our opinion, you may struggle to get your money back.
The supplement looks like a bit of a mish mash. There are a lot of ingredients but its not clear how much is available in each capsule. This means its hard to see how it will really help you lose weight.
A lot of customer feedback is indifferent and although this supplement may have a slight effect upon appetite and energy levels not everyone has noticed any difference. It seems that effects may be very minor and in some cases non-existent.
If you’re going to be paying for a diet supplement you want to be 100% confident its going to work – well with Phenocal we think you’re going to be disappointed. Whilst the “free gifts” sound great, we are more interested in the product itself and whether its powerful enough diet pill to work.
Overall we don’t think that Phenocal is good enough to recommend so we have no other option but to reject this supplement.
Phenocal is a weight loss supplement that you can only buy online. You will not find this supplement on sale in the shops or stores. The advertising claims it will suppress your appetite and increase your energy levels and fat burning capabilities by increasing the speed of your metabolism. In addition it will help boost your energy levels.
None of these are unusual claims for any fat burner but where Phenocal differs from most is in the sheer number of different ingredients contained in the formula. There are over 20 different components to this diet pill all in unknown quantities so effects are going to be unpredictable.
This supplement contains appetite suppressant and cactus extract Hoodia Gordonii plus Glucomannan a fibre extract that swells in the stomach in order to create feelings of fullness.
As well as these two appetite suppressants. Phenocal contains green lea extract and Yerba Mate – two tea type ingredients both with an application to weight loss as well as a source of caffeine. It contains traditional Indian herb extract Forskolin and diet pill favourite Garcinia Cambogia believed to act as a natural fat blocker.
Phenocal contains seaweed extract Fucoxanthin, tree extract Evodiamine, vitamins, minerals and amino acids to complete the formula.
According to the product information, Phenocal is manufactured by Pharmaxa. Looking at the official website and company information you get the impression that Pharmaxa is based in the USA and is a reputable and well established US supplements company.
There is a US phone number next to a US flag and there are the usual claims that all supplements comply with GMP (good manufacturing practice) as well as a prominently placed FDA logo.
How to Take Phenocal
Take 3 capsules twice daily with a full glass of water, once in the morning about 15 minutes before breakfast and again about 4 hours later before your mid-afternoon meal.
- Lack of transparency regarding company. What else are we not being told?
- The 60 day guarantee sounds impressive but will this company really honour it?
- Ingredient abilities overstated
What Does Phenocal Claim To Do?
According to the product information, Phenocal works in three ways.
- Turbo charges your metabolism
- Suppresses and controls appetite and unhealthy food cravings
- Boosts your energy levels
The information explains,
There are few (if any) weight loss supplements available today that are as complete as Phenocal. Each capsule contains more than 20 ingredients that will provide noticeable and in many cases remarkable results without unpleasant jitters and crashes!
The effects upon the metabolism are explained,
Phenocal contains several key extracts that can naturally boost the metabolism and enhance thermogenesis, or fat burning. This means your body will consistently be using more calories, whether you’re outside running or home on the couch
There is also an appetite suppressing effect thanks to Glucomannan – a soluble fibre that expands in the stomach and makes you feel fuller longer, and Hoodia a cactus extract that the product information claims as scientifically proven.
In truth, these two appetite suppressants are at opposite ends of the weight loss spectrum.
Glucomannan is a natural fibre that has been approved by the European Food safety authority (EFSA) whereas Hoodia was banned by EU laws because it was unproven to work.
So Does Phenocal Work?
It is hard to predict whether Phenocal works or not, judging by the ingredients list.
Without a full breakdown of the individual components of each capsule it is impossible to know if each ingredient is in sufficient quantities to work.
So What Is Phenocal and What Are The Ingredients?
Phenocal contains a lot of ingredients! The list reads like a “who’s who” of weight loss but despite that there is no information about the quantities of each one.
Each serving is equal to 3 capsules and contains 2, 230mg of ingredients in a proprietary blend.
- Green Tea Leaf: We love green tea. It is crammed full of antioxidants which have benefits for health and may help boost energy levels.
- Glucomannan: Water soluble fibre that swells in size when exposed to water acting to fill the stomach to help you feel fuller. The European Food Safety Agency (EFSA) cautiously approve that this ingredient may help weight loss if 3000mg to 4000mg is taken on a daily basis but it is very unlikely that Phenocal contains enough of this ingredient to work.
- L-Tyrosine: Amino acid that may help in suppressing appetite and works to promote healthy thyroid function and improved, more efficient metabolism. May help reduce stress.
- Cocoa Extract: Mostly seen in cocoa products and chocolate and thought to have numerous health benefits due to its antioxidant content. These include lowering cholesterol and blood pressure, protect against heart disease and may help reverse blood vessel damage in people with diabetes.
- Hoodia Gordonii: Once THE weight loss ingredient of choice for dieters looking to suppress food cravings, these days Hoodia has been discredited. Doubt has been raised as to the purity and authenticity of most of this ingredient in the market due to the number of fake Hoodia products. Hoodia Gordonii is not available for consumers in the EU/UK now due to recent Herbal Regulations restricting the sale of this substance.
- Garcinia Cambogia: This small fruit similar to a tiny pumpkin found in Asia contains Hydroxycitric Acid (HCA) which has been suggested to help suppress appetite and promote fat burning. However clinical studies have shown mixed results, some showing significant weight loss whilst others minimal effects. High doses may be required in order to trigger any positive weight loss effect and it is unlikely that Phenocal contains sufficient quantities.
- Yerba Mate: A plant native to subtropical South America and drunk as an alternative to coffee by many of the native people as it contains caffeine. Found to have some health benefits but it’s the suggested benefits for improving fat metabolism that explains why it’s found in a number of dieting aids. Although anecdotal evidence exists further studies are required to determine how effective and in what dosages.
- Coleus Forskolii (aka Forskolin): Also known as Plectranthus barbatus, this tropical plant related to the typical coleus species contains the active ingredient Forskolin, used as an ancient Indian medicine for centuries. Initial clinical studies have supported some claims but more research is required in the real world to prove the benefits for fat reduction.
- Evodiamine: This plant extract is supposed to raise body temperature by way of thermogenesis to boost metabolism causing increased energy expenditure and greater fat burning.
- L-Tryptophan: Essential amino acid naturally present in turkey meat and Brazil nuts that is converted into 5-HTP (5-hyrdoxytryptophan) and then into Serotonin, which is a hormone critical in mood and well being.
- Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA): Natural free fatty acid that is high in antioxidants and often taken as a stimulant free fat burner.
- 5 HTP (5-hydroxyptophan): Chemical by product of L Tryptophan that may help weight loss by boosting mood. 5HTP is sometimes taken as a remedy for depression where it seems to be effective.
- Fucoxanthin (100mg): Fucoxanthin is an antioxidant found in some species of brown seaweed most notably Wakame used in Asian cuisine. To consume enough Fucoxanthin you would need to eat an unrealistic amount of brown kelp to get sufficient quantities. There can be issues relating to sea pollution with consuming Fucoxanthin.
- Chromium (Picolinate) (100mcg): Chromium is a trace mineral that the body needs in extremely minimal amounts. It is a very popular ingredient in many weight loss products but has largely been discredited by National Institute of Health (NIH). After collating data from 24 studies they found no significant benefits in body composition from taking 200mcg to 1,000mcg per day. Phenocal contains even less than this amount!
- Bioperine (2.5mg): Helps to increase the rate of absorption of nutrients taken at the same time by up to 3 times. Also known as Black Pepper extract.
- Biotin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B1, Vitamin D3 and Vitamin B3: Contains a number of essential vitamins in varying amounts to help support a healthy body.
Does Phenocal Have Any Side Effects?
There are no provided health warnings for Phenocal and this supplement does look pretty safe judging by the listed ingredients. The downside is that we have no idea just how much of the individual ingredients are contained in this supplement.
Glucomannan can pose a choking risk so it will be important to ensure that you take with plenty of water so that you wash the capsules down.
Other side effects may include
- Stomach upset
- Allergic reaction
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding. If you suffer from an underlying medical condition or are taking prescription medication, speak to your doctor first. Phenocal may aggravate some conditions and may interact with medication.
Any Phenocal Reviews From Customers?
There is some customer feedback for Phenocal so we can at least look at true customer experiences.
Some people feel that this supplement works. This customer reported,
Since I have received Phenocal, I have been using it daily. It’s been about 2 weeks now and I have lost approximately 9 lbs. You have to be dedicated in order for this product to work. Dedication is important. I love this product because of the fact that when I take it, I do not have the urge to eat constantly…
Another customer said,
I have been using Phenocal for about 2 months. It has helped me lose those last 15 pounds that never seem to come off. I really liked the boost of energy it gave me and it kept the cravings at bay. Highly recommended
Many people say the same and it seems that if you put in your own efforts, Phenocal may help improve results. However, not everyone is as satisfied.
There is a lot of negative feedback for Phenocal. This customer said, what a lot of other people have mentioned too,
I took this product for a month, and did not lose a pound. I didn’t feel energized either. It’s a waste of money…
This customer was more detailed,
I can honestly say that it does give me a bit more energy but has done nothing to curb my appetite or lose weight. I have lost zero pounds and might even have gained 1. (I exercised 3-4 times a week, running/walking and weights and I usually eat well) I will not be buying another nor will I recommend this to anyone….
Very disappointed. Didn’t help me at all. Expected it to help curb my appetite but it didn’t.
What About A Guarantee
There is an advertised money back guarantee. Here’s what the company have to say about it,
You’re invited to try the product RISK FREE for a full 60 days. We are extremely confident that you will be 100% delighted with your purchase of the product.
That’s why we offer you our No-Nonsense Money-Back Guarantee.
And it’s a 100% Unconditional Money-Back Guarantee! Our guarantee contains no fine print or misleading terms. Simply stated, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, simply contact us within 60 days of your purchase date and return the unused portion. You will receive a prompt refund of the product’s purchase price.
We asked the live chat customer service department about where to send the return product. She said that once a customer had ordered, the refund and return could be processed. She stated that the return address was located in the USA. However we have been unable to find a return address or any company address or return address on the website.
Where Can I Buy Phenocal?
Phenocal is only available online.
If you buy direct from the official website, prices are as follows:
- 1 bottle of Phenocal (150 capsules or 30 servings) costs $39.85
- Buy 3 bottles of Phenocal and get one free for $119.16
- The Preferred Package includes 6 bottles of Phenocal plus 1 x bottle of Colopril and 1 x bottle of Green Tea Energizer (2 x added Pharmaxa supplements) for $199.36
You can also buy Phenocal via Amazon USA:
- 1 x bottle of 150 capsules (30 servings) costs $60.00
Phenocal Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Phenocal?
Phenocal is a fat burner and diet pill claiming to help you lose weight by increasing your energy and decreasing your appetite. The manufacturer claim that Phenocal is scientifically engineered and uses a maximum strength formula.
What are the side effects of Phenocal?
Phenocal can cause headache, vomiting, abdominal discomfort, nausea, jitteriness and insomnia.
What are the ingredients in Phenocal?
Phenocal contains a lot of ingredients, which are all part of a proprietary blend: green tea leaf, glucomannan, L-tyrosine, cocoa, hoodia, garcinia cambodgia, yerba mate, coleus forskolii, evodiamine, L-tryptophan, conjugated linoleic acid, 5-HTP, fucoxanthin, chromnium, bioperine and a some vitamin B and D.
Does Phenocal work?
It is impossible to say without knowing the exact quantities of each ingredient. However, customer reviews are mixed and some have seen results.
How much does Phenocal cost?
One bottle of 150 capsules costs $39.95. You can also buy three bottles and get one free for $119.95.
Who makes Phenocal?
Phenocal is manufactured by a company called Pharmaxa Labs, based in Florida.
How do I take Phenocal?
Take three capsules twice a day with a large glass of water. The capsules should be taken at least 15 minutes before a meal.
Can I take Phenocal if I have a health condition?
Phenocal may aggravate certain medical conditions or create interactions with prescription medications; it is recommended to consult a doctor prior to taking.
Does Phenocal have a money-back guarantee?
Phenocal offers a 60-day money-back guarantee. However, there is no details on the website and the live chat customer service refused to give us more detailed answers.
How long has Phenocal been around?
We could not find any precise information but Phenocal has been around for quite a while.
Where can I buy Phenocal?
Phenocal is available to buy directly from the official website or from Amazon.
Can I buy Phenocal in stores?
No, Phenocal is only available online.
How do I contact Phenocal customer service?
You can contact Phenocal with the phone number provided on their website, customer service is available 24 hours a day. You can also send them an email or use the live chat service.
Are there any Phenocal coupons?
There is a 10% off coupon available on the official Phenocal website.
Are there any free samples of Phenocal?
No, unfortunately, there are no free samples for Phenocal.