We take a closer look at Plexus Accelerator Plus to find out more.
We are not impressed with Plexus Accelerator Plus. This supplement looks pretty dangerous and many people have reported side effects. We would never advise anyone to take such an unsafe looking product. In addition, we have yet to find a genuine customer who has lost weight by using this.
Plexus Accelerator Plus Review
Plexus Accelerator Plus (sometimes written as Accelerator +) is a supplement supposed to boost the speed of your metabolism. It contains a range of ingredients in a proprietary blend that are all well known in the supplements world. These include Yerba Mate, Hordenine. Higenemine and Green Tea extract so this supplement will have a stimulant effect. It also contains Hawthorn – a known heart stimulant so it will not be suitable for everyone.
Plexus Accelerator + also contains B Vitamins, Chromium and Calcium for added health support. Plexus advise that this supplement works well with Plexus Slim the so-called Pink Drink.
How to Take Plexus Accelerator Plus
Take a two capsule serving once a day, 30 minutes before breakfast.
Plexus Worldwide is a Network Marketing company (also known as MLM) so looks to recruit people called Ambassadors to sell their products rather than placing them in shops and stores.
Network Marketing is popular with people looking for a structured incentive plan in order to make money by selling to friends but it does not suit everyone.
Plexus Accelerator Plus Concerns:
- High level of side effects – many customers have been frightened by these
- Even if you do not experience side effects, this supplement is probably not safe to take long term
- Although there is an advertised guarantee, we think it will be hard work in getting your money back
Take a look at our earlier investigation to find out about the pros and cons of Multi Level Marketing.
What Does Plexus Accelerator Plus Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, Plexus Accelerator can:
- Help boost the body’s metabolic rate
- Helps burn fat more efficiently
The product information claims, “When taken with Plexus Slim, in conjunction with diet and exercise, Accelerator+ helps you manage your weight”.
Is “managing” your weight, the same as losing weight? The product information does not explain.
Does Plexus Accelerator Plus Work?
Unlikely. Many people have experienced side effects and there does not seem to be much weight loss mentioned either.
Taking stimulants does not automatically cause you to lose weight. Yes, they can decrease your appetite and make you move more but the downside is that this can cause the side effects that many have mentioned.
The inclusion of Hawthorn in the formula does not make sense. This ingredient is not known for weight loss but it does have very unpredictable effects upon the heart so is not suitable for OTC products like this one.
What Are The Ingredients of Plexus Accelerator Plus?
Serving size is equal to two capsules. Most of the ingredients are contained in a proprietary blend.
Proprietary Blend (950mg):
- Yerba Mate: Caffeine rich South American plant often drunk as an alternative to coffee.
- Higenamine Hydrochloride: Chemical compound present in many medicinal plants. A variety of effects has been observed in vitro studies and in animal models, but its effects on humans are unknown.
Higenamine is a stimulant that will increase heart rate.
- Hordenine Hydrochloride: A stimulant compound in Bitter Orange, and is thought to increase fat burning. Can raise heart rate and blood pressure.
- Hawthorn Berry Extract: Often used in Chinese medicine, Hawthorn may increase blood flow to the heart, improve circulation and lower blood pressure but it has serious and unpredictable side effects.
Hawthorn can raise blood pressure as well as lower it. It can cause heart related side effects and does interact with many different medicines.
- 5HTP (from Griffonia seed extract): Naturally occurring amino acid present in this seed extract. 5HTP is a precursor to the neurotransmitter serotonin, the brain chemical that affects mood, appetite, and sexual behaviour. When serotonin is low, it can lead to depression, comfort eating and low mood.
- Green Tea: With proven benefits for health Green tea extract may help weight loss too. It is rich in antioxidants and may increase the speed of the metabolism.
The supplement also contains vitamins, calcium and chromium as a support to general health. There is evidence that chromium may help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Niacin (20mg):
- Vitamin B6 (30mg)
- Folic Acid (400mcg)
- Vitamin B12 (500mcg)
- Calcium (16mg)
- Chromium (150 mcg)
Does Plexus Accelerator Plus Have Any Side Effects?
Plexus Accelerator Plus is not be safe for everyone because it does contain stimulants and many people have reported side effects.
Potential side effects may include:
- Stomach upset
- Heart palpitations
- Increased blood pressure
- Decreased blood pressure
- Elevated heart rate
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you suffer from a heart condition or are taking prescription medication. Speak to your doctor first and seek medical advice if you experience side effects.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Plexus Accelerator Plus?
There is a range of opinion but side effects seem to be an issue.
This lady had a frightening experience,
I’ve been taking the Plexus Slim and the Accelerator Plus for 2 months now, carefully following their directions.
On many occasions, I have gotten severe headaches, lightheaded, dizzy, and spotted vision all at once. It scared me so bad today that I almost called 911, luckily, it went away after resting for about an hour….
Others have said similar, such as this reviewer,
I have had side effects to the accelerator capsule, no sleep, irradiated heartbeat, very rapid heart beat, nausea this has been an awful week…
Some people noticed no change,
Could not tell a difference one way or another.
Plexus Ambassadors have been quick to redress the balance with some positive comments such as this one,
I love all Plexus Products! And I Love that Plexus offers a 60 day money back guarantee to their customers…!
Does Plexus Accelerator Plus Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
As the reviewer mentioned, there is a 60-day guarantee if you buy from the Plexus site or from an Ambassador.
If you buy from the website, contact Customer Care on 1-480-998-3490 within 60 days of purchase to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA).
Where Can I Buy Plexus Accelerator Plus?
Accelerator Plus is expensive.
1 x bottle of 60 capsules (30 servings) costs $39.95 if you buy from the Plexus website as a retail customer.
Alternatively sign up as a preferred customer (auto ship) and take the Monthly Evo Preferred Customer Package where you are sent fresh supplies each month. A small price reduction makes the monthly supply of 60 capsules $29.95.
You can also buy Plexus Accelerator Plus in combination with Plexus Slim for $114.95 (or $99.85 for Autoship customers) via the Plexus website.
The Plexus Slim / Plexus Accelerator Plus combination is on sale via Amazon for around $105.