We take a look at Plexus Slim to find out more.
Like anything, it may have a slight effect if you combine it with diet and exercise, but it certainly contains nothing to justify the $80 price tag.
For more information on Plexus and their other products, take a look at our investigation into the company here.
Plexus Slim Review
Plexus Slim is a weight loss drink, that according to the advertising will help you experience the results you have been dreaming of!
The many ambassadors selling it often give it almost miraculous properties, touting it as a cure for just about everything from weight gain to eczema, fatigue, and probably even cancer.
The drink comes in a berry flavor – attractively colored pink, and it contains 200mcg of chromium per serving, plus a proprietary formula called the Plexus Slim Blend as the active ingredients.
How to Take Plexus Slim
Open sachet and pour into a bottle to mix. Drink 15 -30 minutes before a meal, once or twice a day.
Plexus Slim is the flagship product from MLM company Plexus Worldwide, and part of the weight loss range of supplements.
The supplements are sold by “ambassadors” people who are looking to make a second income (or get rich) selling the products. Anyone can do this – the opportunities are out there for all but this method of business does not suit everyone.
Plexus Slim Concerns:
- People make some wild claims about how this supplement works – will people be tricked into buying because of this?
- This supplement is extremely expensive at $80
- Many people consider this supplement a waste of money
Other supplements in the range include Plexus Boost, Plexus Block, and Plexus Accelerator + often taken in combination with Plexus Slim. You can also find protein powders, detox supplements and more.
What Does Plexus Slim Claim To Do?
You drink Plexus Slim before a meal, and the idea is that it will generally make you feel healthy. Some of the ingredients may help regulate blood sugar levels.
Here’s what is says on the label;
- Lose weight and inches by burning fat not muscle
- Helps keep blood sugar, cholesterol, and lipids at healthy levels
- Helps increase your will power over food
- Reduces binge eating
Does Plexus Slim Work?
Plexus Slim may have a slight weight loss effect. Green coffee bean extract and Garcinia Cambogia lack quality clinical testing, but that is not to say that these ingredients are ineffective. You may find this supplement helps you lose some weight, especially if you combine it with a diet and exercise plan.
However, results are unlikely to be earth shattering and the Pink Drink is not going to cure you if you are sick.
It is just a drink with some pink coloring. There is nothing special about it.
What Are The Ingredients of Plexus Slim?
The ingredients in the Pink Drink look pretty safe.
Each sachet serving contains;
- Chromium (200mcg): Trace element that may help regulate blood sugar levels.
The Plexus Slim Blend (530mg):
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (chlorogenic acid and less than 2% caffeine): Unroasted coffee contains chlorogenic acid, which may help prevent glucose from entering the blood stream and so help weight loss. However there has been very little good quality clinical testing, and scientific opinion is that the weight loss effect seems to be very small. Source
- Garcinia Cambogia: Another popular ingredient, Garcinia contains Hydroxycitric Acid which is supposed to block fat from being absorbed by the body, and increase serotonin levels so reduce food cravings. These weight loss effects have been mainly noted in animal testing, and evidence for humans is not as conclusive. Expert opinion is that Garcinia Cambogia needs more human testing before the claims can be proved one way or another.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid: Antioxidant found in the body. When taken as a supplement may help lower blood sugar levels and remove free radical cells. Source
Other ingredients include low calorie natural sweeteners Stevia, Luo Hang Go fruit extract, and polydextrose. It also contains grape skin extract in unknown quantities, and beet extract which makes the appealing berry color.
Does Plexus Slim Have Any Side Effects?
The ingredients profile looks safe for most people, but you should discontinue use if you experience adverse effects.
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are breast feeding or pregnant. Speak to your doctor first if you are taking prescription medication.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Plexus Slim?
The Pink Drink looks very popular because there is a lot of talk about it on Facebook, but it is important to remember that there are a lot of people working as Plexus ambassadors who are trying to sell it.
One feature of working in MLM (multi level marketing) is that people often become fixated with sales and the supposed benefits of the product.
Here is a typical example posted on a Facebook account called Drink the Pink;
My friend suffers from a chronic illness…She started using Plexus 3 months ago…She used to have flare ups that would cause incredible pain, swelling and bruising all over her body…so much she couldn’t be the wife and mommy she wanted to be.
Fast forward 3 months, she is feeling energized and her family has gotten their mommy/ wife back.
Plexus can do amazing things for you too. Let me change your quality of life!
We do not believe this. Plexus Slim is not a magic potion regardless of what the people selling it claim.
By contrast, there is a string of complaints left by people who have been talked into buying and taking this by so called friends who have become Plexus Ambassadors. Many people have mentioned weight gain following using, as this customer reported,
Somebody got me to sign up as an Ambassador… I figured it was worth a shot.
I’ve been on it for 30 days and I am up 6 pounds…I haven’t lost an inch….
Does Plexus Slim Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is a 60 Day money back guarantee. You will need to talk to your ambassador (the person who sold you the supplement) in order to claim it. Be prepared for some persuasive sales talk. If a customer complains that the supplement is ineffective, the usual ploy is to sell him or her additional products.
If you buy direct from the product website you have 60 days to contact Plexus for a return authorization code.
Some people have complained that the company is hard to contact by phone, and seem reluctant to answer complaints via email.
Where Can I Buy Plexus Slim?
If you buy Plexus Slim as a retail customer it costs $84.95 for 30 sachets (30 drinks and a month’s supply).
Join as a preferred customer (auto ship) and take Monthly Evo Preferred Customer Package where you are sent fresh supplies each month. You get a slight price reduction making the monthly supply of 30 sachets $79.95.
You can also buy via Amazon for the same price.