BCAAs and glutamine are two of the most popular supplement ingredients for muscle-building, with both playing an important role in the process. BCAAs are three key amino acids that the body cannot produce itself, and they reportedly make up a third of all the protein the body uses to produce muscle. Glutamine is the most common amino acid found in the body, and it serves as the main transporter of nitrogen in the bloodstream.
Below we take an in-depth look at Shredz BCAA + Glutamine, to examine whether this BCAA/glutamine combination is a good way to improve performance in the gym.
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Pros
- Product has received excellent feedback from customers
- Reasonably priced
- Product is well put-together and seems to work well for most customers
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Cons
- Important ingredient quantity information missing
- No money back guarantee
- Product is effective, but may not be wholly useful for all kinds of athletes
Consider using the consumer #1 rated weight loss product – CLICK HERE
What You Need To Know About Shredz BCAA + Glutamine
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine is a performance-boosting supplement that claims to improve energy and gains in the gym. It uses an amino acid blend in a reportedly tasty powdered drink mix, that is intended to be taken either before or during workouts.
BCAA + Glutamine is manufactured by Shredz, an increasingly popular supplement manufacturer that is enjoying a growing reputation on social media. The marketing team at Shredz is arguably more important to the group’s success than its products, with multiple Instagram models helping to flaunt their supplements across the United States. Notably, the company’s presence on more dedicated bodybuilding social networks is lacking, with most forum users on www.bodybuilding.com regarding the company with more derision than respect.
As with most Shredz products, BCAA + Glutamine comes in a “For Men” version and a “For Women” version. Check our Ingredients tab for more information, as there are significant differences between the two versions.
What Are The Side Effects Of Shredz BCAA + Glutamine?
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine shouldn’t come with many noticeable side effects, although BCAAs and some other amino acids have been associated with occasional negatives.
BCAAs can sometimes cause tiredness and a loss of muscle coordination. Other amino acids found in this product (such as the betaine found in the men’s version or the lysine and threonine found in the women’s version) can variably cause nausea, stomach issues, and diarrhoea.
How Much Does Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Cost?
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine is slightly less expensive than other comparable products. A 30-day supply of powder costs $30 plus around $5+ on the official Shredz website (for both the men’s and women’s version of the product).
Costs are slightly different on Amazon, where the men’s version of BCAA + Glutamine costs $40 with free shipping and the women’s version costs $27.85 plus $10 in shipping and handling.
Our Verdict On Shredz BCAA + Glutamine
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine has many of the factors we look for in a great product. It enjoys excellent customer reviews on Amazon, with many customers praising the taste of the mixture and the effectiveness of the product. Although Shredz doesn’t publish all ingredient quantities in the correct way, what we can see shows us that the product uses a correct balance of BCAAs and glutamine that should remain effective.
Using BCAA + Glutamine should not result in side effects for most customers, and the fair price point means that customers shouldn’t be put out-of-pocket whilst using it.
We can’t out Shredz BCAA + Glutamine on our treasured “approved” list as it does not meet our conditions on a couple of important points. Shredz do not offer any kind of money back guarantee, which makes any purchase from them an unnecessary risk – we prefer to recommend companies that allow customers to return products for a full refund if necessary! In addition, the manufacturer fails to explain the somewhat limited nature of BCAA/Glutamine supplements, as they may only offer benefits to inexperienced athletes and those that consume a low-protein diet.
A couple of technicalities may remove Shredz BCAA + Glutamine from our official recommended list, but that does not make it a bad product. It’s actually quite good compared to most, so consider giving it a try!
We do not recommend Shredz BCAA + Glutamine to our readers.
The most popular consumer choice in 2018
With a combination of proven ingredients, superb customer service and a 60-day money-back guarantee, Phentaslim is making big waves in the diet world.
Find out why thousands of people are choosing Phentaslim to achieve their weight loss goals, and why it's also the editor's top selection.
Read the Watchdog Phentaslim review here.
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Review
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine is a supplement that claims to support workouts by providing a healthy source of Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) and glutamine, amongst others. Compared to other similar options on the market, this product makes an extra effort to act as a sweet and tasty treat, and invites customers to substitute out sugary sweet drinks for the BCAA + Glutamine mix. Like most Shredz products, BCAA + Glutamine is available in two slightly different forms: one designed for use by men and one for women.
BCAA + Glutamine is designed and produced by Shredz, an American supplement manufacturer that has grown increasingly popular through their significant presence on Instagram. Shredz has become a highly successful company over the last few years, and has even been featured in Forbes Magazine and held up as an example of smart business. The company not only produces supplements, but has expanded to producing sportswear, and diet and exercise plans. The company can be contacted via the details supplied on the official website.
How to Take Shredz BCAA + Glutamine
The directions for use are as follows:
Mix 1 scoop with 10-12oz of water during or post-workout.
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Concerns:
- Some of the ingredients found in this product may not help all types of athletes
- No money back guarantee
- Some ingredient quantities are not listed
What Does Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Claim To Do?
Whether you’ve picked up the men’s or women’s version of Shredz BCAA + Glutamine, the purpose of the product is roughly the same. Both forms claim to help customers boost their endurance during workouts, and achieve better results in the gym. The sweet, pleasant taste of the mix is also said to be useful when trying to find enjoyable alternatives to sugary sports drinks.
On the official Shredz website, the manufacturer states that BCAA + Glutamine:
- Contains Essential Amino Acids
- Improves Exercise Performance
- Provides an Endurance Boost
- Aids Muscles
Does Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Work?
As the name may suggest, Shredz BCAA + Glutamine mainly depends on BCAAs and glutamine to provide benefits. The real differences between the men’s and women’s versions of the product are minimal, as most of the other amino acids found in this mixture are not particularly useful as a means of boosting athletic performance.
That being said, BCAAs and glutamine are far more useful in the right circumstances. If customers are vegetarian or do not frequently consume large quantities of protein in their diet, they may find themselves deficient in either BCAAs or glutamine (or both). Supplementation would then help to improve endurance or muscle-building outcomes in the gym. Studies also show that inexperienced athletes see improvements in physical performance/endurance whilst supplementing BCAAs. Experienced athletes or those with sufficient animal protein sources in their diet will not see the same benefits, if any at all.
For the record, most customer reviews for this product are highly positive, suggesting that a decent number of customers are seeing benefits from using it.
What Are The Ingredients of Shredz BCAA + Glutamine?
The ingredients found in Shredz BCAA + Glutamine are detailed below. The ingredients found in the Men’s Formula is listed first and the Women’s Formula second.
Readers should note that most ingredient quantities are not provided, which can make it hard for customers to work out how effective the overall mix is. The ingredient quantities that are supplied are true for 1 scoop (12.5g) of BCAA + Glutamine powder.
- L-Leucine (Instantized) (BCAA) 4000mg
- L-Isoleucine (BCAA) 1000mg
- L-Valine (BCAA) 1000mg: Though individually these amino acids are not particularly distinctive, collectively they form the Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). BCAAs are sometimes taken during workouts to improve exercise performance, although the scientific evidence seems to suggest that this effect is only observable in inexperienced athletes. Supplementation is also not always useful, as many people will get sufficient stocks of BCAAs from their normal diet. Source
- L-Glutamine 2000mg: This is an essential amino acid, which is a building block of protein. It is the most abundant free amino acid in the body, and is produced in the muscles and distributed where it is needed via the circulatory system. Supplementation can only help to build muscle in limited circumstances, as (once again) most people enjoy sufficient stocks of glutamine from their regular diet or from protein powders. Source
Shredz Proprietary Blend 1750mg
- Betaine Anhydrous: Betaine can help relieve conditions associated with hardening in the arteries. Although it is thought by some to improve athletic performance, scientific trials have failed to show consistent results with trained/untrained men. Source
- a-Hydroxyisocaproic Acid: Also known as leucic acid, HICA is a metabolite of leucine. Only one study has been conducted into whether HICA is more or less effective than the BCAA from where it comes, and although promising, far more research needs to be conducted to see whether it is more/less effective than simply using the original leucine form. Source
- Sodium (as sodium citrate) 32mg: This is used to make the urine less acidic. Urine that is less acidic helps the kidneys get rid of uric acid, helping to prevent gout and certain types of kidney stones (urate). Source
- Potassium (as potassium chloride) 52mg: Potassium is necessary for many of the body’s organs to function properly. Potassium deficiencies are not uncommon, making supplementation effective in some cases. Source
- L-Leucine (Instantized) (BCAA) 4000mg
- L-Isoleucine (BCAA) 1000mg
- L-Valine (BCAA) 1000mg: see above
- L-Glutamine 2000mg: see above
Shredz Proprietary Blend 1500mg
- L-Taurine: Taurine is an amino acid that helps to build protein. It is not often known why it is so frequently added to energy drinks, although some claim that it helps improve athletic and mental performance. Source
- L-Glycine: Although most people will enjoy sufficient supplies of glycine from their normal diet, this amino acid is still vitally important for the normal functioning of the body. It is mainly involved in the formation of creatine, and in the metabolism and digestive processes in general. Source
- L-Alanine: This relatively uncommon supplement ingredient is naturally involved in sugar metabolism and energy production. Source
- L-Lysine: Some studies suggest that this amino acid could help muscle tissue to recover after workouts. Source
- L-Phenylalanine: Existing research suggests that ADHD-sufferers are deficient in phenylalanine, leading some to believe that supplementing this amino acid could reduce the symptoms of ADHD. More recent studies have shown that taking l-phenylalanine orally unfortunately has no effect on ADHD symptoms. It is not often linked with athletic performance. Source
- L-Threonine: This precursor of l-glycine, is often used to treat disorders of the nervous system. Source
Does Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Have Any Side Effects?
Customers shouldn’t expect too many side effects from using this product, although certain negative effects are always possible.
Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) can occasionally cause fatigue, and a loss of muscular coordination when supplemented. Customers that find themselves susceptible to this effect should avoid driving after taking this product.
Many of the other amino acids found in either version of this product (such as betaine, lysine and threonine) can cause occasional side effects as well. For the most part, these are quite minor and are generally limited to nausea, stomach pain, headaches, and diarrhoea.
Never exceed recommended serving. Keep out of reach of children. Read the entire label before use and follow instructions. Use at your own risk. Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing. Not intended for use by persons under the age of 18. Consult a healthcare practitioner prior to use if you have diabetes. Consult a physician before using this product if you have been treated for, or diagnosed with, or have a family history of any medical condition. Consult a physician before using this product if you are taking any over the counter or prescription medication. If you are under medical supervision, consult with your physician before use. Use only as directed. Do not exceed recommended serving, as improper use of this product does not enhance results. Do not use if the inner safety seal on the package has been broken.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Shredz BCAA + Glutamine?
Most of the customer comments we found talking about Shredz BCAA + Glutamine are highly positive in their assessment of this product. Praise is generally directed toward the taste of the mix, the relatively reasonable taste and the product’s beneficial effects. Some female customers have complained of problems including minor side effects, poor taste, and ineffectiveness after using the women’s version of the product.
Usually don’t buy shredz because it’s expensive but this product is absolutely awesome tasting and on the cheaper side. Well done
Product Works just as advertised. Ive had more Intense Workouts and Recovery is much easier without Sore Muscles
Love this product. Wish the lemonade flavor was in stock to buy more!! I definitely noticed a pick-me-up during my work outs, and have been seeing a difference in my body since i started using it. Definitely will buy again once in stock. Unfortunately I am not a fan of anything fruit punch or else i would get that.
Smells incredibly sweet the moment you open the container, but not so bad once it’s mixed with water. I love it. I drink it near the end of my workouts and after. Will definitely reorder.
Very happy with this purchase. I have been able to tell a substantial difference in my energy during workouts and after! It tastes great and helps keep you from feeling so wiped out when you leave the gym!
I was disappointed with this as it did not work for me at all. I feel like I got suckered into the IG hype. So needless to say this might only work for people who are already fit and defined. That is what all the models they have on their IG page look like, fit models not real people with real transformations. 🙁
Does Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
On the official Shredz website, a close examination of the returns policy shows that there is no money back guarantee available to cover supplement purchases. Customers can contact Shredz to arrange a refund (as long as the contact is made within 14 days of receiving the goods), but the company unfortunately only accepts returns of unopened and untouched packages. We do not consider this arrangement to represent a real money back guarantee.
Where Can I Buy Shredz BCAA + Glutamine?
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine can be purchased from the official Shredz webstore and from Amazon. A single 30-serving tub of the men’s version of the product costs $30 on the Shredz website, plus $5+ in shipping and handling, and $40 on Amazon with free shipping. The women’s version of the product also costs $30 plus shipping on the official Shredz website, and $27.85 plus $9.99 in shipping on Amazon.
How does Shredz BCAA + Glutamine compare to Phentaslim?
|Clinically Proven Ingredients|
|Side Effect Free|
|Positive Customer Reviews|
Shredz BCAA + Glutamine Rating
Price / Guarantee
The Diet Pills Watchdog does not recommend Shredz BCAA + Glutamine.
#1 Consumer Choice 2018: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >