Men and women tend to have vastly different gym goals, with males often aiming for bulk and muscle largesse, and females typically favouring a slender and less-hulkish frame. To achieve different outcomes, athletes will need slightly different inputs; in recognition of this, we are increasingly seeing more and more supplements with formulations that claim to help one gender or type of bodybuilder in particular.
Below we take an in-depth look at Shredz Toner, to examine whether this popular women’s-only pre-workout supplement has the ingredients necessary to help women achieve their dream body.
Shredz Toner Pros
- Relatively few side effects when compared to other pre-workouts
- Ingredient quantities clearly listed
- Generally positive customer reviews
Shredz Toner Cons
- There is nothing special about this product that makes it particularly good for women
- Key ingredient quantities are far too low for this product to be effective
- No money back guarantee
Consider using the consumer #1 rated weight loss product – CLICK HERE
What You Need To Know About Shredz Toner
Shredz Toner is a pre-workout supplement that claims to boost performance and results in the gym. The unique selling point of this supplement is that it has been designed specifically for women, reportedly reducing the bloat and weight gain associated with other workout powders. Instead, female customers are told to expect a lean yet still muscular body, that is more appropriate for achieving results in yoga or gymnastics.
Toner is manufactured by Shredz, an increasingly popular supplement manufacturer that is enjoying a growing reputation on social media. The marketing team at Shredz is arguably more important to the group’s success than its products, with multiple Instagram models helping to flaunt their supplements across the United States. Notably, the company’s reputation on more dedicated sporting blogs and online communities is extremely negative in places, with several disgruntled former customers reportedly launching lawsuits against the company in 2016 after Shredz Instagram models were found to be photoshopping their “before and after” photos.
What Are The Side Effects Of Shredz Toner?
Shredz Toner has a couple of ingredients that could cause issues. L-arginine has been known to occasionally cause stomach pain, bloating, airway inflammation, worsening of asthma, diarrhoea, blood abnormalities, and low blood pressure. The use of capsicum may also lead to other miscellaneous stomach problems as well as sweating, flushing, and a runny nose.
How Much Does Shredz Toner Cost?
Shredz Toner is relatively expensive when you consider what’s in it. A 90-capsule pack containing a 30-day supply of Toner typically costs around $45 on Amazon and the official Shredz website (when factoring in shipping and handling charges). Customers looking for a bargain can still find the same pack on Elite Nutrition for just $32 however.
Our Verdict On Shredz Toner
Although we like the basic premise of providing women with a specialised pre-workout product that suits them, the execution of this one is all wrong. The first step when launching a product like this should be to find a set of ingredients that work better for women than men, and on this count, it’s hard to believe that Shredz has done any work at all.
The only thing that sets this product apart from any other pre-workout is that it swaps out caffeine for a small dose of chili powder, with the idea being that the capsicum will induce weight loss, whilst the other included amino acids will help build muscle. However, all of the chosen ingredients have been included in tiny quantities that render them useless. There’s a reason why most workout-boosting products come in the form of (bloat-inducing) powders – most of the key ingredients need to be supplemented in multiple grams in order to be useful. A little capsule just won’t cut it this time.
Although we’ve found Shredz to be a generally well-liked company, they consistently commit major business faux-pas that customers should treat as warning signs. Products like Toner are far too expensive for what they are, and the company skimps out on industry standards like a real money back guarantee.
Overall, we recommend sticking to the unisex pre-workout products for now, as this ladies-only product unfortunately has very little in it that women will find useful!
We do not recommend Shredz Toner to our readers.
The most popular consumer choice in 2018
With a combination of proven ingredients, superb customer service and a 60-day money-back guarantee, Phentaslim is making big waves in the diet world.
Find out why thousands of people are choosing Phentaslim to achieve their weight loss goals, and why it's also the editor's top selection.
Read the Watchdog Phentaslim review here.
Shredz Toner Review
Shredz Toner is a pre-workout enhancer that has been specifically designed for use by women. Along with effects that claim to boost workout performance, Shredz Toner also supposedly reduces bloating and “helps keep and accentuate a woman’s natural curves”
Toner is designed and produced by Shredz, an American supplement manufacturer that has grown increasingly popular through their significant presence on Instagram. Shredz has become a highly successful company over the last few years, and has even been featured in Forbes Magazine and held up as an example of smart business. The company not only produces supplements, but has expanded to producing sportswear, and diet and exercise plans. Shredz can be contacted via the details supplied on their official website.
How to Take Shredz Toner
The directions for use are as follows:
On Workout Days – Take two (2) capsules pre-workout, followed by one (1) capsule post-workout.
On Non-Workout Days – Take (2) Toner with lunch and then (1) Toner with dinner.
Shredz Toner Concerns:
- There’s very little in here that makes this product more appropriate for women
- No money back guarantee
- Relatively expensive given the ingredients list
What Does Shredz Toner Claim To Do?
Like other pre-workouts, Shredz Toner claims to boost athletic performance whether taken before a gym session, yoga session, or any other workout of the customer’s choice. What supposedly makes this product different is its ability to help female customers in particular by not causing a bloating effect. In this way, customers can use the product as part of a fat-burning routine and as a means of keeping their womanly shape.
On the official Shredz website, the manufacturer states that Toner has:
- Patented ingredients
- A reduced bloating effect
- Ingredients that help customers reach fitness goals
- Ingredients that help customers enjoy perfect workouts
Does Shredz Toner Work?
Shredz Toner contains a lot of fluff that won’t really do an awful lot. The mixture features a few minerals to help athletes replenish lost salts, but all have been included in such low quantities as to be essentially useless. Similarly, the mixture uses a set of useful workout aids that are known to build muscle (such as beta alanine, l-arginine, and creatine), but has also included them in such low quantities that we doubt they are effective. The real limiting factor is this product’s use of capsules – the reason why most similar supplements come in the form of a powder is that most of these substances need to be consumed in several grams at a time to be effective. Anything less (like the mere milligrams found in Shredz Toner) is fairly pointless.
One very important fact to note is that this product almost certainly offers nothing special to women; it is likely just as useful for men. The mixture uses a small quantity of capsicum to claim that Toner capsules induce weight loss and protect female figures, but this claim is spurious at best. The weight loss effect offered by capsicum is known to be inconsistent, and not nearly enough to counteract the weight gain that should be seen when putting on muscle.
Despite good customer reviews, the ingredients list unfortunately suggests that Shredz Toner doesn’t do much of anything.
What Are The Ingredients of Shredz Toner?
The ingredients found in Shredz Toner are detailed below. The ingredient quantities supplied are true for 3 capsules of Toner.
- Calcium (from Calcium Citrate) 14mg (1% RDA): Studies have shown that calcium can play a significant role in weight loss, especially loss of fat mass. Research shows that fresh dairy sources of calcium are more effective than supplementation. The amounts that are included in this product may only make a minimal difference to dieting attempts, as studies in humans showed weight loss results when consuming 600mg of calcium in addition to that found naturally in their calorie restricted diet. Having good source of calcium are also considered important to athletic performance. Source
- Magnesium (from Creatine Magna Power®, Creatine Magenesium Chelate) 48mg (12% RDA): As magnesium is seen as important to ATP production, it is generally accepted that magnesium deficiencies could hinder athletic performance. Source
- Sodium (as Sodium Chloride) 20mg (1% RDA): As we tend to sweat out key electrolytes like sodium during exercise, many pre-workout formulas attempt to supplement our bodies with elevated levels to make up the difference. The quantity of sodium and potassium included in this mixture is a bit too low to be truly effective for this purpose. Source
- Potassium (as Potassium Chloride) 27mg (1% RDA): See above
- L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 2:1 800mg: This essential amino acid is plentiful in foods and can be made by the body. Important for wound healing and circulation, l-arginine is thought to boost the levels of Nitric Oxide in the body. The use of the Alpha-Ketoglutarate salt is intended to increase intestinal uptake. Source
- Beta Alanine 750mg: Beta alanine has been repeatedly proven to raise the levels of muscle carnosine in the human body, which has the effect of increasing the amount of work athletes can perform in high-intensity workouts. Its use is accompanied by a distinctive “tingling” sensation in the muscles. Source
- Creatine Magnapower® (from Magnesium Creatine Chelate) 600mg: This molecule helps to rapidly produce ATP in the muscles, helping to boost strength and power in the gym. Once again, it has been included in the special magnesium creatine chelate form because this version is supposedly more efficient and bioavailable. Source
- Capsimax® (Capsicum Annum Fruit Extract) (2% Capsaicinoids) 50mg: Capsaicin, found in Cayenne pepper, is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts. Source
Does Shredz Toner Have Any Side Effects?
Unlike other pre-workout formulas, Shredz Toner doesn’t use caffeine-based ingredients that could cause more serious side effects. Despite this, it can cause some issues.
The use of L-arginine may lead to some side effects including abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhoea, blood abnormalities, airway inflammation, worsening of asthma, and low blood pressure.
Capsicum extract doesn’t often cause issues, but can occasionally cause stomach irritation, stomach-ache, sweating, flushing, and a runny nose. Although we can’t see how such adverse effects could occur based on the ingredients, it’s also worth mentioning that the caution label printed on this products warns against the possibility of experiencing headaches, shortness of breath, rapid heartbeat, and dizziness.
Never exceed recommended serving. Keep out of reach of children. Do not use for more than 8 weeks. Not intended for use by persons under age 18. Do not use if pregnant or nursing. Do not exceed recommended serving. Consult your physician prior to use if you are taking medication, including but not limited to, MAOI inhibitors, antidepressants, aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or products containing phenylephrine, ephedrine, pseudoephedrine, or other stimulants. Consult your physician prior to use if you have a medical condition including but not limited to, heart, liver, kidney or thyroid disease, psychiatric disorders, difficulty learning, diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiac arrhythmia, recurrent headaches, enlarged prostate, or glaucoma. Discontinue 2 weeks prior to surgery or if you experience rapid heartbeat, dizziness, severe headaches, or shortness of breath.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Shredz Toner?
Most of the customer reviews we found for Shredz Toner were generally positive, although some customers complained that the mixture was either ineffective or caused side effects. Most positive reviewers were very happy with the contributions that Toner capsules made to workouts and weight loss journeys, although several notably only achieved results when stacking several Shredz products in tandem.
So far I love this product and will be buying more. I’ve combined this with a healthy diet and exercise and I’ve almost gone from a size 20 to a 16 in less than a month. I expect by the end of the month or next ill get full button access on my size 16 pants lol. Overall I will buy again but remember to add a healthy diet and exercise. I combined this with the burner and the BCAA’S from this seller. Love the combo.
I love that this gives me energy to stay on the treadclimber, and it really does reduce the bloating in my stomach. I do think it’s helping me with my weight loss journey.
Love this and I feel so pumped up when I workout. I feel super strong since taking this supplement!
Despite of what it claimed it gives me lot of gas and cramps, but i have a very sensitive stomach and i am gluten intolerance.
This company is a scam. I bought it for my girlfriend, she workout twice a day and maintain a proper diet but no results at all. I decided to do my own research and come to find out that they’re hundreds of pending lawsuit against “shredz”. Lots of Photoshop are being used for the models that promotes these project on social media.
Does Shredz Toner Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
On the official Shredz website, a close examination of the returns policy shows that there is no money back guarantee available to cover supplement purchases. Customers can contact Shredz to arrange a refund (as long as the contact is made within 14 days of receiving the goods), but the company unfortunately only accepts returns of unopened and untouched packages. We do not consider this arrangement to represent a real money back guarantee.
Where Can I Buy Shredz Toner?
Shredz Toner can be be purchased from the official Shredz webstore, Amazon, and Elite Nutrition. A 90-capsule pack of Shredz Toner costs $40 on the official website, plus $5-6 in shipping and handling. On Amazon, the pack itself costs $35, but comes with higher shipping costs that reach up to $10 per purchase. The cheapest price we found online was on Elite Nutrition, a supplement webstore which is now offering packs of Shredz Toner for just $31.99.
How does Shredz Toner compare to Phentaslim?
|Clinically Proven Ingredients|
|Side Effect Free|
|Positive Customer Reviews|
Shredz Toner Rating
Price / Guarantee
The Diet Pills Watchdog does not recommend Shredz Toner.
#1 Consumer Choice 2018: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >