SlendaTrim is a diet pill that promises to kick start your metabolism, reduce your appetite and enhance your energy. It is aimed at people who are seriously overweight and have more than 5lbs to lose.
We take an in depth look at SlendaTrim to find out whether this diet pill will really help you lose all your excess weight.
- Reasonable price
- Some good ingredients
- Overblown advertising style and misleading information
- No ingredients profile
- Promised 60-day guarantee looks very doubtful
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
SlendaTrim is a US diet pill marketed by Vitegrity who are based in Florida. The pill is manufactured in the USA and contains 100% natural ingredients. It comes with some powerful and punchy advertising but despite that customer feedback is very hard to find.
If you are among the billion people across the world who are overweight or obese, a diet pill like SlendaTrim is a tempting proposition.
According to the SlendaTrim advertising, this supplement is the;
All Natural Number One Rated Thermogenic Fat Burning & Weight Loss Compound Available on Today’s Market
It is aimed at people who “need to lose serious weight and achieve serious change” not just shed a few extra pounds.
This supplement includes a blend of appetite suppressant ingredients including Hoodia and Glucomannan as well as natural antioxidant rich green tea extract, vitamins, minerals and more that may improve health and have an effect upon your metabolism.
Essentially, the basic principle of SlendaTrim is that it will help you burn fat and at the same time suppress your appetite so targets two of the major weight issues.
According to the advertising, SlendaTrim uses five key features to help you lose weight:
- Burn away unsightly fat
- Feel satisfied with less food
- Boost your drive and energy levels
- FDA approved and made in the USA
- Guarantee or your money back
How to Use SlendaTrim
To use SlendaTrim take 3 capsules twice daily with a full glass on water. Take once in the morning after breakfast and another three capsules prior to your afternoon meal.
(We are not sure if they mean at lunchtime or in the early evening, as we have never actually met anyone who has a regular afternoon meal.)
SlendaTrim provide plenty of satisfied customer testimonials on the website plus numerous images of thin people and flat stomachs. Although this supplement is not gender specific, it is aimed primarily at a female market judging by the images.
In fact, the only image of a man on the website is a picture of a fully clothed male doctor in a white coat. Not very impressive.
We are not so sure about the FDA Approved statement either. To our knowledge the FDA do not approve OTC diet pills and the small print on the foot of the site clearly states;
Representations regarding the efficacy and safety of Slendatrim have not been scientifically substantiated or evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Vitegrity are based in Florida and according to the website are a family business but provide no further details about this point.
The company address is:
970 Lake Carillon Dr.
There do not appear to be any issues or complaints about Vitegrity from customers. Worryingly before you see the price of the supplement on the product website, you have to submit your full contact details including email and phone number.
This gives the impression that SlendaTrim may be a scam auto bill company but reading through the lengthy terms and conditions, this does not appear to be the case.
However, this feature is very annoying and will put off potential customers.
- Advertising seems far-fetched
- Advertised guarantee seems unlikely to be honoured
- No reason why this product only targets people who are extremely overweight
What Does Slendatrim Claim To Do?
According to the advertising, SlendaTrim is a “Confidence, Energy, Fat Burning Thermogenic Booster”
that will deliver;
Mind Blowing Results
You are “Invited to Try Today, Results in 60 Days Or You Don’t Pay” We like the sound of a good guarantee so this is a great point in SlendaTrim’s favour.
The advertising is aimed at you if you are seriously overweight.
If you are within 5 pounds of your perfect weight, hey, SlendaTrim may not be the right product for you. SlendaTrim is for those who need to lose serious weight and achieve serious change
So What Is Slendatrim and What Are The Ingredients For Slendatrim?
SlendaTrim is a fat burner combined with an appetite suppressant. Sometimes diet pills with this dual action contain high amounts of stimulants, which suppress your appetite as a side effect. However, SlendaTrim uses ingredients that specifically target this issue.
Although the SlendaTrim advertising does not provide ingredients amounts, this information is available on the product’s label and is per serving size of 3 capsules.
- Irvingia Gabonensis (AKA African mango seeds) (150mg): This fibre rich natural seed extract has shown some good effects for weight loss when added to diet and studies suggest it may help reduce cholesterol levels.
- Glucomannan (300mg): Water soluble dietary fibre sometimes used as an emulsifier and food thickener and in more recent years as an aid to counter obesity. Glucomannan swells up in the stomach and creates feelings of satiety. Although further research is required, it looks to be a promising ingredient. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6096282
- Chromium (200mcg): Trace mineral present in a normal diet and here in safe quantities. Research has shown that high quantities of chromium can cause dangerous side effects.
- Hoodia (200mg): Once considered the answer to obesity, the appetite suppressing qualities of Hoodia have now been discredited. It has undergone extensive medical research and is proven to be ineffective for weight loss. May cause side effects. To see more about Hoodia take a look at our investigation.
- Green Tea (300mg): Green Tea is a source of antioxidants including ECGC a potent polyphenol. . It may have numerous medical benefits. Reports have shown that green tea extract intake is associated with increased weight loss due to stimulating thermogenesis. However, health advice is to drink as tea to achieve the best results. Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17201629
- Citrus Aurantium (10% total amines 35mg) (350mg): This stimulant raises the heart rate and increases blood pressure. It is believed to stimulate the breakdown of fat and boost the metabolism but there is a lack of clinical evidence to prove this.
It should definitely be avoided if you suffer from any heart related health conditions. Take a look at our Citrus Aurantium article here
- Bioperine (3mg): Patented black pepper extract that is used to enhance the effects of other ingredients
- Calcium 500mg: Essential mineral that is necessary for life and makes up your bone structure and teeth. Calcium is found in a healthy diet such as milk and vegetables.
Medical advice is that no more than 600mg should be taken as a daily supplement because excess calcium causes the body to absorb less.
The advice is to eat plenty of calcium rich foods throughout the day. This 400mg a day is in excess of health guidelines. Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcium
Other ingredients include a number of Vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12 and D3).
So What Does All This Mean?
SlendaTrim contains some healthy ingredients that may have some benefit to weight loss. We like the fact that it contains a range of vitamins and unlike many other supplements chromium is here in trace quantities, which is safe. However, the Hoodia content is a matter for concern as is the high dosage of calcium. In addition, this supplement contains Citrus Aurantium, which is known to have dangerous effects upon the heart and blood pressure.
Despite these concerns, the Citrus Aurantium content is actually quite low and overall this supplement looks safer than we expected.
Does Slendatrim Have Any Side Effects?
We have been unable to find any independent customer reviews so we cannot bring you any true-life experiences.
However Hoodia is known to cause nausea, vomiting and skin irritations in some people and even small amounts of Citrus Aurantium may cause elevated blood pressure and heart rate if you have these sorts of health issues.
Overdoing the calcium can cause constipation and bloating but taking the supplement with food may minimise these effects.
Caution: Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you suffer from a heart related or blood pressure health condition. If you are on medication, seek the advice of your doctor before you take SlendaTrim in case of drug interactions.
Any Slendatrim Reviews From Customers?
The only SlendaTrim reviews we could find were on the SlendaTrim website so we cannot guarantee that all of these are independent and we do not know if the company have chosen to show only positive reviews, which is likely. Both men and women seem fairly happy with this product.
Elsewhere things are not as straight forward. SlendaTrim is on sale from Amazon, for example but nobody has appeared to try it.
So Does Slendatrim Work?
We think it may work a bit and it may help you lose some weight. You may find that Glucomannan suppresses your appetite and the pill may have some effect upon you metabolism. Results are not likely to be earth shattering but yes, it may do something.
We have certainly seen a lot worse.
Where Can I Buy Slendatrim?
You can buy SlendaTrim direct from the product website but you may need to give all your details before they allow you to see the price, which is annoying.
The basic kit costs $39.97 and will last a month. This includes one container of SlendaTrim (180 capsules) plus a 60 capsule bottle of Vitegrity green tea supplement.
Two months supply – two containers (180 capsules) of SlendaTrim plus I free bottle of green tea costs $75.94.
The best value deal costs $159.88 and is four bottles (plus 2 free) of SlendaTrim, one 60 capsule container of Green tea and includes free shipping to US addresses.
Sometimes other bonus gifts and special offers are available too.
Standard shipping (5-7 business days) is $7.95.
Priority shipping (2-3 business days) is $14.95.
Next Day (next business day) is $29.99
International is $29.99
As well as the USA, the company ship to: Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand and United Kingdom.
You can also buy SlendaTrim via Amazon.com where one bottle of 180 capsules costs $39.97.
What About A Guarantee
Yes, there is a 60-day money back guarantee on offer. However when we looked into this on the website terms and conditions, the page was unavailable so don’t hold your breath on this one. Elsewhere there was zero information about how to claim your guarantee and sadly we don’t believe the company will honour it.
There are actually some good points about SlendaTrim. We like some of the ingredients and we like the way they have combined the fat burning idea with an appetite suppressant. It is unlikely to be “mind-blowing” but it may assist with modest weight loss.
We are not impressed with the offer of a guarantee that seems unlikely to be honoured and not so keen on the style of the website. There is just something about it that looks like a scam and it is probably putting people off.
We also did not appreciate having to search for a full ingredients profile or being unable to see the price without entering our details.
It is frustrating because it is close to being good. The price is reasonable and you can sometimes receive added freebies, which is always welcome. If Vitegrity would just cut out some of their wild claims, sort out the guarantee, and drop a few of the ingredients perhaps we would have had a winner on our hands.
Watchdog Rejected Diet Pills
#1 Consumer Choice 2018: Phentaslim
Thousands of customers have cut the fat with this fast and powerful thermogenic fat burner. Can suppress appetite, boost energy levels and elevate mood without the jitters.
- Over 100,000 satisfied customers
- Manufactured in a GMP facility
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- FREE shipping and buy 3 get 1 FREE offers!
< Click here to Read our Full Review >