Slim PM comes from TLC (Total Life Changes), a Multi-Level Marketing company based in the USA, and, according to their company information, has a significant presence in over 170 countries worldwide, including the UK. TLC was founded in 1999, so it is an established company.
Slim PM is billed as a weight-loss supplement that you drink before bedtime, but there is very little, if any, evidence it will work in the way as described. This powdered drink supplement comes from MLM company TLC, and although it is sold in numerous countries there is very little real information about this expensive product. Don’t be fooled into thinking that a high price tag means that a product is good. Slim PM is neither a good or popular supplement and just does not justify the cost.
Sometimes Slim PM is available to buy via Amazon UK and Amazon USA for various prices, depending upon the seller.
Slim PM looks like a shockingly bad supplement. It is overpriced, and, although you are expected to pay a lot, you seem to get very little in return; not even a complete ingredients list, directions or any links to clinical evidence. With this last point, it is not surprising. There is no evidence this supplement will make you burn fat overnight and, despite searching, we have been unable to find anything that proves that the ingredients in Slim PM will work together as described.
We rarely see a good supplement on sale via an MLM company, and of course this is not surprising. If something really worked you wouldn’t want to encourage a lot of people to sell it for you; it would just be in the shops in the usual way and you would keep the profits. Slim PM is a typically flimsy-looking direct marketing supplement that would not be able to stand alone in the open market.
Slim PM Review
Slim PM is a weight-loss supplement in powder form that you simply mix it with water in order to make a drink. The novel thing about this supplement is that it is designed to be taken before bedtime with the aim of promoting fat burning as you sleep.
In the UK, this supplement is generally known as Slim PM, however in the USA it is referred to as Iaso Slim PM. Although both names show up on the product container, this appears to be a small regional difference because Iaso Slim PM and Slim PM are identical products.
Slim PM contains amino acid L Arginine as the principle ingredient. L Arginine is actually present in the body; it is manufactured in the kidneys and its role in the body is to relax the arteries, increasing blood flow and oxygen to the blood.
L Arginine is often taken in supplement form because it is believed to be good for heart health and improve the symptoms of clogged arteries. That said, it does require further clinical investigation to ensure that it works as described and is safe. Interestingly, we cannot find much reference to L Arginine as a fat burner.
How to Take Slim PM
Dissolve just one scoop of this complete L-Arginine formula into eight or more ounces of water and consume just before bed five days a week.
Other ingredients in the formula include curcumin extract (turmeric) which is currently very popular as a health ingredient because it seems to have a strong antioxidant effect. The supplement contains Niacin – vitamin B3 –another ingredient particularly good for heart health and Banaba Leaf, a plant extract that can help inhibit the absorption and digestion of carbs.
All the ingredients in Slim PM look good for helping weight loss but, and a big but it is too, there is no real ingredients information, such as quantities contained in each serving. In addition, there seems to be nothing here that will specifically help you lose weight while you sleep. As with many supplements, the ingredients are not strictly proven to work and are based on very preliminary clinical investigation.
Slim PM Concerns:
- No ingredients information – just what is contained in this supplement?
- The price – why is this supplement so expensive?
- Lack of product information, no ingredients list, no details about how long each tub will last or how it actually works
Slim PM is a TLC product from MLM company Total Life Changes. Although TLC is based in the USA, they have a pretty worldwide coverage and operate in the UK, Australia and in many South American countries too.
Multi-Level Marketing is a controversial business model that relies on recruiting a wide network of ordinary people working as distributors selling products. It is controversial because it relies on getting new sellers to join, and of course this means that the market quickly becomes saturated with products and competing sellers.
When the best way of making any money out of an MLM business is by signing up new sellers rather than by selling products, it becomes a pyramid scheme, which is illegal.
We have covered MLM and pyramid selling in previous Watchdog investigations, including,
And the best known MLM company of them all, Herbalife,
TLC is a typical looking MLM. We have covered their flagship product Iaso Tea. The company also produce a weight-loss kit, which we felt was overpriced and probably ineffective.
What Does Slim PM Claim To Do?
Slim PM is sold online via numerous distributor websites. There does not appear to be a “master site” so this means that some of the information about the product varies. However, all distributors convey the same sort of information, and miss out the same important facts.
There is zero info about the true ingredients profile of the supplement. There are a lot of unproven unsubstantiated claims, such as,
The first complete fat burning* L-Arginine in the known universe. We call it SlimPM because you can burn fat while you sleep.
- Curcumin; As an antioxidant for free radical scavenging and as a powerful anti-inflammatory agent*
- Banaba Leaf Extract; for cell integrity and faster repair of damaged endothelial cells*
- Niacin; for assistance in removing plaque from arteries.*
- Branched Chain Amino Acid; for faster recovery following exercise.
There is no proof and no evidence. However, on one Slim PM (TLC) website we found, a woman called Rebecca, a TLC distributor, mentions she feels great after taking for eight weeks. The other TLC sites are similar, with many distributors reporting their personal successes and advertising via Facebook and other social media.
Does Slim PM Work?
It seems unlikely to us. We can’t really see why this supplement should help you burn fat overnight, and although it may deliver some health benefits, this is not how this supplement is marketed. It is not promoted as a general health supplement or sleep aid, after all. It is sold as an overnight fat burner and we are struggling to see why.
There is some customer feedback for Slim PM and across the board the small number of reviewers state that it doesn’t work.
What Are The Ingredients of Slim PM?
There isn’t much information about Slim PM. Each serving is equal to one scoop of powder added to a glass of water, but the scoop size is not provided. Neither is there any information about the ingredient quantities contained in this supplement. This means it is impossible to gauge the real life effects of each component.
- L Arginine: Amino acid that is produced in the kidneys and is important for relaxing the arteries of the body and helping blood and oxygen flow because it converts to nitric oxide. It is important for heart health and scientific research has established it may be good for treating angina because it improves blood flow to the heart. Some athletes take L Arginine for increasing stamina but further research is required to fully establish its uses. L Arginine is present in foods such as meat fish, poultry and grains so most people are not deficient.
- Curcumin: This small molecule is the bright yellow pigment of turmeric and is currently very popular as a health supplement. Curcumin seems to have anti cancer and anti inflammatory properties but is not easily absorbed by the body unless it is paired with black pepper. Unlikely to cause any side effects.
- Banaba Leaf Extract: Derived from a tree which grows in some parts of Asia, Banaba leaf is being investigated as a treatment for diabetes because it may help lower blood glucose levels and help insulin work more efficiently. However it lacks any real evidence.
- Niacin: AKA vitamin B3, Niacin is important for good general health and at very high doses can help cholesterol levels. However it can cause unpleasant side effects at high servings and without knowing the quantities included here it is impossible to assess the effects.
- Branded Chain Amino Acids: We imagine that this should read BRANCHED chain amino acids rather than branded… BCCAs are natural amino acids required by the body and particularly important for metabolism, glucose, and muscle building and weight loss. There are three BCCAs required by the body; Isoleucine, Leucine and Valine and these are often taken as supplements by people looking to build muscle. Branched chain simply refers to the molecular structure.
Does Slim PM Have Any Side Effects?
Slim PM looks reasonably safe, but of course without knowing the ingredient quantities it is hard to be sure. That said, customers have not mentioned any adverse effects.
Potentially side effects of excess Niacin may include:
- Facial flushing
- Skin irritation
- Burning sensation on skin
Arginine may cause minor side effects such as:
- Abdominal pain
- Worsening of asthma conditions
Banaba leaf may lower blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
Not suitable for individuals under 18. Avoid if you are pregnant or breast feeding. Speak to your doctor first if you are taking prescription medication because this supplement may cause drug interactions. Seek medical advice if you have an underlying health condition.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Slim PM?
There are not many customer reviews for Slim PM, but, interestingly, customers in the UK have exactly the same opinion of this supplement as their US counterparts.
Here is a selection of genuine customer comments from both side of the pond. Many people hate the taste and the flavour,
The taste is unbearable…but I pushed thru with no success. I did NOT lose 1 lb but was able to fall asleep shortly after consumption…needless to say a waste of money
I really wasn’t impressed I paid £86 for something that taste and smells like something had died in the tub!! Wish I’d never wasted my money!!!
Doesn’t work. Waste of money.
I have tried this and it didn’t work my weight loss was nil. I was very disappointed especially since it wasn’t cheap.
There were a couple of positive reviews such as,
I love this product
However, the overall impression of feedback is very negative.
Does Slim PM Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
It depends where you buy. If you buy Slim PM from a TLC distributor, you may find that he or she will refund you in the case of dissatisfaction. Some distributors offer a 30-day money-back guarantee or similar, but there does not appear to be a standard policy.
Where Can I Buy Slim PM?
You can buy Slim PM via a TLC distributor. You can find these advertising in your local area or via Facebook or other social media.
However, an easier option is probably to just pick it up online via Amazon.