Below we take an in-depth look at SlimBliss Slenderite, to see whether this mixture of fat burners and thyroid stimulators is formulated in a way that benefits dieters.
Many of the ingredients found within SlimBliss Slenderite could cause side effects. For an exhaustive list of potential adverse effects, check the Side Effects tab!
The most likely cause of any and all side effects is this product’s moderately high caffeine content. When overconsumed, caffeine can cause jitters, sleeplessness, thirst, headaches, irritability, frequent urination, and other issues. The use of black pepper could make the above side effects more intense and more likely to occur.
This product also uses high doses of Vitamin B6 and iodine, which can sometimes cause brain and nerve problems, vomiting, headaches, tingling, insomnia, facial swelling, a runny nose, a metallic taste in the mouth, and other unpleasant effects. The high levels of chromium used in this product can also affect blood sugar levels, which could be cause for concern for diabetic customers.
SlimBliss Slenderite is priced relatively cheaply. A one-month supply (containing 90 capsules) costs £19.99 on the official SlimBliss website. It is also available to buy for just £14.99 on Amazon.
SlimBliss Slenderite is not one of the worst products we’ve seen, and most of the customers that have tried it appear to have found what they’re looking for. It’s also priced very fairly and is backed by a young manufacturer that appears to be eager to please, offering refunds when customers express dissatisfaction or complain of side effects.
SlimBliss Slenderite Review
SlimBliss Slenderite is a weight loss supplement that claims to help customers regulate their thyroid function, whilst also boosting their body’s metabolism. This British-made supplement is a relative newcomer to the scene, and has seemingly only been sold since the autumn of 2017.
Slenderite is manufactured by SlimBliss, a new weight-loss brand that was created by a UK company called Protein Bliss Ltd. Protein Bliss were only incorporated in 2016, and their product designs appear to be heavily inspired by more established brands such as the UK’s Cute Nutrition. As of time of writing, most social media pages are only semi-active. The company can be contacted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com), snail-mail (Manor House 1 The Crescent, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 8D) or via their social media pages.
How to Take SlimBliss Slenderite
The directions for use are as follows:
- Take one capsule, three times per day. Ideally to be taken before a meal
SlimBliss Slenderite Concerns:
- Product has a reasonably high chance of causing side effects
- Product’s weight loss benefits are mainly provided through high caffeine content
- Around one-third of the available customer reviews are negative
What Does SlimBliss Slenderite Claim To Do?
SlimBliss Slenderite is a weight loss supplement that claims to break down fat in the body via a caffeine-based, thermogenic effect. It also reportedly helps to optimise thyroid function and manage blood sugar levels, in order to reduce unhelpful peaks and crashes. Although Slenderite is upfront in its use of caffeine as a fat burner, it also claims to use a “carefully managed dose in each capsule”, meaning that customers can avoid the jitters and shakes associated with caffeine overdose.
Does SlimBliss Slenderite Work?
Slenderite is actually a deceivingly simple mixture. Many of the ingredients are actually found naturally in green tea and green coffee bean, but seem to be listed so as to lengthen the ingredients list. In essence, this product contains a small dose of green tea, green coffee bean, black pepper, chromium, and iodine. It also uses a few totally useless ingredients, such as cinnamon and the strangely ubiquitous choline bitartrate.
The green tea and green coffee bean could help to provide the advertised thermogenic effect, but customers should be warned that this effect is largely down to caffeine. Some weight loss is possible, and a decent proportion of customers report experiencing weight loss benefits.
The use of chromium and iodine is intended to regulate blood sugar and activate the thyroid respectively. Both functions are relatively complex and are sensitive to the characteristics of individual customers, so it’s hard to imagine that a generic serving and dosage can correct thyroid/blood sugar problems if customers suffer with these. Both ingredients can actually make serious problems worse if dosed incorrectly, so we do not recommend using dietary supplements like these to manage thyroid or diabetic conditions.
Overall, this product is a fairly unremarkable weight loss pill, but could still provide small weight loss bonuses if customers are prepared to follow a diet and exercise plan.
What Are The Ingredients of SlimBliss Slenderite?
The ingredients used in SlimBliss Slenderite are listed below. The ingredient quantities listed are correct for 3 capsules.
- Green Coffee Extract (20% Chlorogenic Acid) 300mg: Green Coffee is a natural source of caffeine, but it is unclear how much is found in the extract. Whilst it was thought that this ingredient was a significant aid in weight loss, the relevant research has been discredited as it was fraudulent. Currently there is no evidence that it aids with weight loss more than any other source of caffeine. Source
- Green Tea Extract (40% Polyphenols) 300mg: Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins and caffeine both increase energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism temporarily. However, the metabolic increase caused by green tea is limited. One study found that the use of green tea was not enough to counteract weight gain following a high calorie diet. Source
- L-Tyrosine 300mg: An amino acid that is a building block of protein, Tyrosine is found naturally in many foods including meat and dairy products. Some people use it as an appetite suppressant, but there is little evidence that it is effective for this use. Large doses of tyrosine may be useful for increasing alertness, especially in people who are sleep deprived. Source
- Choline Bitartrate 247.5mg: Athletes sometimes supplement Choline to delay fatigue and improve endurance. It is also said to improve mental focus. However, the available clinical evidence suggests that Choline Bitartrate does not cause either effect to take place. Source
- Caffeine Anhydrous 240mg: Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism, causing a small increase in the number of calories used by the body. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive. Caffeine is known to slightly increase athletic performance and mental performance. Source
- L-Theanine 210mg: This amino acid is found in green tea, and may increase feelings of relaxation. It may also reduce the negative side effects of caffeine, although there is seemingly no clinical evidence to support this claim. Source
- Cinnamon Extract 5:1 (providing 1050mg of Cinnamon) 210mg: Although cinnamon is often used to relieve the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, it has never been linked with weight loss effects. In fact, some herbal remedies use cinnamon as a way to stimulate the appetite. Source
- Vitamin B6 7.5mg (535% EU NRV): Vitamin B6 has several important functions in the body, including ‘allowing the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food’. Whilst taking excess amounts of vitamin B6 will not infinitely improve this ability, a deficiency could make it more difficult to lose weight. Vitamin B6 is naturally present in a wide variety of foods, including meat, cereals, bread, and vegetables, and is often included in fortified breakfast cereals. Source
- Black Pepper Extract 5mg: Piperine, extracted from Black pepper, is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects. Source
- Iodine 225µg (150% EU NRV): Iodine is used by the body in the synthesis of thyroid hormones in the thyroid gland, which are called triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). The thyroid plays a significant role in the regulation of the body’s metabolic rate, and a deficiency of iodine can lead to an underproductive thyroid which is associated with weight gain and increased difficulty losing weight. Source
- Chromium 75µg (188% EU NRV): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg. Obviously this is an incredibly small amount of weight loss, but studies are still inconclusive. It also helps to reduce insulin resistance. Source
- Vitamin B12 7.5µg (300% EU NRV): Vitamin B12 is naturally present in many foods, primarily meat, fish, and dairy products. It has several roles, including aiding in releasing energy from consumed food, and keeping the nervous system healthy. It may be that a deficiency hinders weight loss, but taking excessive amounts should not have any appreciable effect. Source
Does SlimBliss Slenderite Have Any Side Effects?
This product could cause a range of side effects due to the caffeine content or the notably high doses of vitamins and iodine.
One initial concern is that the formula uses a needlessly huge dose of Vitamin B6 – although this ingredient is not thought to be harmful in normal circumstances, such a massive quantity can cause brain and nerve problems, vomiting, loss of appetite, headaches, tingling, and sleepiness. The use of iodine can also cause side effects for some people, including stomach pain, a metallic taste in the mouth, a runny nose, diarrhoea, facial swelling, and fevers.
This product contains various sources of caffeine. Overconsumption of caffeine can cause a variety of side effects, including headaches, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness, dizziness, and insomnia. There is also an amino acid in Green Coffee Bean called homocysteine that is associated with an increased risk of heart disease.
Although Tyrosine is tolerated generally in very high doses, it can cause some side effects including nausea, headache, fatigue, heartburn, and joint pain. Chromium can lower blood sugars levels and as such should not be used by diabetics without first consulting their doctor. Low blood sugar levels can lead to light headedness, dizziness, and even fainting. Customers who have not eaten for several hours are more likely to experience these side effects.
Black Pepper Extract increases the bioavailability of other compounds, including some medications; this could increase the chances of side effects from the other ingredients found in the product, or from caffeine consumed from other sources (tea, coffee, etc). Consumers who are taking medication are also more at risk of accidentally overdosing because of the higher absorption rate associated with Black Pepper Extract, and so should consult with their doctor before taking this product.
Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Food supplements are not intended to replace a varied and balanced diet. Do not exceed recommended use. Due to high caffeine content (240mg per daily dose), this product is not suitable for children, pregnant, or breastfeeding women.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For SlimBliss Slenderite?
For such a new and seemingly little-known product, we were able to find a decent number of reviews for this product on Amazon. The majority appear to like the product, citing encouraging weight loss results. However, around one third of customers mentioned negative experiences, ranging from experiencing worrying side effects to experiencing no weight loss benefits.
Fantastic product. I’ve suffered from a thyroid problem for many years & I’ve noticed a diffference using these pills. More energised & less tired.
Already seeing a difference thanks to this product. I have more energy and rarely find myself hungry and snacking during the day, which was oh so commonplace previously. The product was swift to arrive so all in all I am really pleased with this purchase.
I don’t tend to write reviews but this product is great, I definitely feel like I’m making progress with reducing my waistline!! I feel more energised and find I can push harder in the gym or when I run.
took for 3 days, got terrible stomach cramps which stopped as soon as i stopped taking them.
I started taking these and continued for 2 weeks all I got was more bloating
Does SlimBliss Slenderite Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
On the SlimBliss terms and conditions page, the company claim that all customers can receive refunds on purchases, as long as the request is made within 7 working days after the goods are delivered. No mention is made of whether the company accepts opened packages, but the company’s activity in the Amazon reviews section suggests that they offer refunds on opened items if customers express dissatisfaction.
Where Can I Buy SlimBliss Slenderite?
SlimBliss Slenderite is currently only available to purchase on Amazon (although the official SlimBliss website may return soon). A 90-capsule pack (a one-month supply) costs £14.99 plus shipping.