Below we take an in-depth look at the Slimfy three stage weight loss program, to see if this expensive supplement is effective and worth the high price tag.
We have seen numerous diet pill manufacturers faking reviews on amazon over the past few years, but rarely have we seen a company do it so blatantly and lazily, literally reposting several reviews two or three times without changing any wording.
Slimfy and the company behind it has neglected to provide basic information about ingredients and contents. Stage 1 especially may cause unpleasant side effects and Stage 2 and Stage 3 do not look much better. The website descriptions of how the supplements are supposed to aid weight loss are vague, and customers need to look elsewhere to find detailed information on the purposes and safety of each ingredient.
The idea of a three-stage weight loss plan sounds appealing thanks to pushy marketing that tells you that there are three stages of weight loss that need to be addressed independently but the product fails to actually deliver on the promises made by the manufacturers.
We believe that the three products that make up the Slimfy Three Stage Weight Loss Program are unlikely to aid significant weight loss. Even if they did help consumers to lose some weight, they are definitely not worth the exorbitant prices charged by the manufacturers.
Slimfy is a US made weight loss programme that you use to help you through three stage of your weight loss. All the ingredients are advertised as 100% natural, but the use of raspberry ketones, which is typically lab synthesised to remain cost effective makes this debatable.
Stage 1 is Weight Loss and Detox. According to the product advertising this should always be first because it “enhances and cleanses digestion”.Stage 2 is Enhanced Weight Loss, which, according to the manufacturers, increases the metabolic rate. Stage 3 is Weight Loss Maintenance; this is supposed to help to help to prevent weight loss in the long term, although they fail to specify how the supplement does that.
How to Take Slimfy
Take one capsule twice a day, with a large glass of water and at least 30 minutes before a meal.
We dislike the terms and condition laid out by Slimfy on their official website, especially regarding their “satisfaction guarantee” which is heavily restricted. The company can be contacted using the following information:
- Most people will not realise they have signed up for auto shipping when they buy this supplement.
- Inadequate ingredients information. You really have no idea just what you are taking.
- The guarantee encourages people to post positive before and after pictures in the hope of getting a refund.
The Customer Service Department phone numbers are as follows: Call them toll-free at 855-5SLIMFY (855-575-4639) or local number +1 (305) 587-2230. Slimfy are based at 1451 W Cypress Creek Rd, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33309. Based upon customer reports, the company often offers to phone the consumer back to arrange their refund, but fails to do so- persistence is definitely required when talking to the Slimfy Customer Service team!
What Does Slimfy Claim To Do?
The manufacturers of Slimfy claim that the product is an “award winning, proven, fast acting, safe and effective” weight loss solution, boasting that it is a “revolutionary” three step, complete weight loss program. They also claim that Slimfy is clinically proven and doctor recommended. The manufacturers of the product appear to be backing the weight loss potential of the popular ingredient raspberry ketones.
Does Slimfy Work?
It is impossible to say what it will do when we are unable to see an ingredients list and the only available feedback is posted on the Slimfy site by people who have been paid to do it.
We don’t think it will work. Many of the ingredients lack evidence that they will do anything at all.
What Are The Ingredients of Slimfy?
As there are three separate supplements in the Slimfy program, one for each stage of the program, there are a lot of ingredients, and the various side effects and potential benefits of each supplement vary hugely. The individual ingredient quantities are all provided, and are per serving of two capsules.
Stage 1 Detox and Weight Loss
Serving Size: 2 Tablets – Servings per Container: 30
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: This ingredient was featured on the Dr Oz show and is one of the ingredients that got him into trouble with the authorities for making false claims about weight loss ingredients that lack proof. Research results indicate that slight weight loss may be caused by chlorogenic acid – present in unroasted or green coffee beans, which appears to inhibit glucose into the blood stream.
- Milk Thistle: Natural plant that is believed to be effective for liver damage such as poisoning and alcohol abuse. It is also believed to be effective for treating allergies, acid reflux and heartburn. It has a laxative effect and can cause side effects such as vomiting and nausea.
- Hydrangea: This diuretic ingredient derived from the commonplace garden plant can be dangerous in high quantities and you should not take it for any more than a few days. It causes increased urine out put.
- Saffron: Spice derived from the crocus flower and important in culinary use. When tested on women between 21 and 45 it seemed it might play a role in eliminating snacking. However, results require further testing.
- Ginger: This familiar spice with culinary use is often taken to treat stomach upsets. With the rest of the ingredients, you might need it!
Stage 2 Enhanced Weight Loss
Serving Size: 2 Tablets – Servings per Container: 30
- Green Coffee Bean Extract: Despite the claims of the advertising that bangs on about changing the ingredients so that you do not build up tolerance – here is green coffee bean extract again as a principle ingredient.
- Raspberry Ketone Extract: One of Dr Oz’s so called miracle ingredients It has only been tested on mice rats and guinea pigs and this revealed that when extremely high doses of Raspberry Ketones were ingested it altered the metabolism and prevented the formation of lipids and fats. No evidence that it does this for humans.
- Saffron: See Stage 1.
- Maqui Berry: South American berry known for its high levels of antioxidants. May help increase metabolism and may be of benefit to general health.
- CoQ10: Natural body substance similar to a vitamin that plays a role in the production of energy. CoQ10 is obtainable by diet – especially oily fish and organ meats such as liver and kidneys. Can cause insomnia. May have health benefits but amounts contained in this supplement are unknown.
- Resveratrol: Natural phenol found in red wine and foods including peanuts that may have heart health benefits. However, clinical testing has mainly been carried out on animals and it lacks evidence about efficacy and safety in humans long term.
Stage 3 Weight Maintenance
Serving Size: 2 Tablets – Servings per Container: 30
- African Mango Extract: Also known as Irvingia Gabonensis, this ingredient has had some limited clinical testing. The University of Cameroon found that it helps create metabolic pathways i.e. may improve leptin resistance and help weight loss. However it was only tested on 102 people so does require further testing and evidence.
- Green Tea Extract: We love green tea! It works best for health when drunk as a beverage in replacement for sodas and it is rich in antioxidants helping both health and weight loss. Amounts in this supplement unknown.
- Caralluma Fimbriata: Succulent Asian plant, which has appetite-suppressing qualities and has performed well in clinical testing. Although results are promising, it is not proven and the effective dose for weight loss has yet to be identified.
- Lychee Extract: There have been no clinical studies that look at whether Lichi (or Lychee) supplements curb appetite or reduce body weight. There just isn’t any proof that it works.
- CoQ10: As above. See Stage 2!
Some of the ingredients look OK but you have to remember that this may not be the full list of contents and of course we have no idea of knowing the ingredient amounts.
Stage 1 is of concern. Milk Thistle and Hydrangea are laxatives and diuretics respectively, and are known for causing side effects. Many of the ingredients such as Revesterol green coffee bean and raspberry ketones lack evidence that they work.
In addition, the Slimfy advertising has made a big point about warning the customer about building up tolerance to ingredients and then included the same ingredients in more than one supplement – such a green coffee bean.
Does Slimfy Have Any Side Effects?
With three separate supplements being taken one after the other, there is a huge range of side effects that could develop whilst these products are being used.
The first stage supplement contains diuretic and laxative ingredients, and so could cause dehydration and diarrhoea, and could lead to much more serious side effects. Laxatives can interfere with the absorption of the contraceptive pill, as well as the absorption of other medications and vitamin supplements. Consumers should consult their doctor if they have any concerns about using this product in conjunction with the contraceptive pill.
Using laxatives can lead to both dehydration and a deficiency of electrolytes, which can both lead onto more serious side effects, especially if not dealt with properly. Calcium, chlorine, magnesium, phosphate, potassium, and sodium are all obtained from fluids, supplements, and foods, but increasing fluid output can decrease their levels in the body – even sweating due to exercise can significantly lower electrolyte levels. Side effects of low levels of electrolytes include muscle cramps, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, trembling, muscle weakness, and stiff or aching joints.
In the most severe cases, more serious symptoms can occur, such as low blood pressure, tachycardia (rapid heart rate), sunken eyes, confusion or loss of consciousness for even a brief moment, and poor skin elasticity. If any of these occur, a medical professional should be consulted immediately.Regular and long term use of laxatives can also lead to dependency upon them, as the bowel’s muscles become weaker over time. Check out our article on the dangers of using laxatives for weight loss for more information.
The second and third stage products do not contain laxatives, but could still cause some side effects.
Raspberry Ketone is under-researched at this time, especially in the large doses used in supplements, and so there are no known side effects. Some consumers of other raspberry ketone products have noted raspberry flavoured breath and burps, but this seems to be the worst side effect reported.
Both green tea and green coffee bean contain naturally occurring caffeine. Consuming large quantities of caffeine can lead to headaches, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness, dizziness, and insomnia. Green tea can also cause constipation.
Side effects may include:
- Stomach discomfort and cramps
- Increased need to urinate
Avoid if pregnant or breast-feeding. Do not take if you are sensitive to stimulants or caffeine and avoid if you suffer from a heart related medical condition. Do not take if you suffer from stomach problems and seek medical advice prior to taking if you are on prescription medication. Some of the ingredients included in this supplement may cause drug interactions. Slimfy lacks a proper ingredients list so amount quantities are unknown and there may be added ingredients that are not mentioned in the advertising.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Slimfy?
There are a significant number of customer reviews for this product on amazon; as the product is also sold on the official product website, many of the reviews are not verified amazon purchases. However, there are also accusations from disgruntled customers that many of the positive customer reviews have been faked to boost the company’s online reputation.
Of the 67 five star reviews, only three were verified amazon purchases, and the majority were posted in quick succession in 2015. There are also some reviews that are reposted almost word for word by different reviewers. Overall, we suspect that many of the positive reviews for this supplement were paid for or faked.
The three reviews below were all posted twice by different reviewers.
This is perfect if you need to lose weight in a hurry but want to be safe! This is a 3 part system and right now. I’m on step 1 and I have seen pictures of before and after and I can’t wait till them extra pounds come off! All I do is take 1 pill before every meal and can eat what I want! I will keep you informed of my weight loss!
So far it helped me to get rid off a few pounds of fat which was great for my body complexion. I have a sensitive stomach and to make digestion of the tablet easy,So far so good – with no side effects. I am going to complete the whole set, since I am already getting results. I hope this will help keeping losing those unwanted pound especially my belly fat, awesome product
I’ve been struggling my whole life with my weight and I really hoped this would be the answer. I’ve gone ahead and ordered the product and signed up to the gym as well. I already lost more than a quarter of what I wanted before the end of the year and it’s been only two weeks so far. Is this crazy or what? I really felt like I need to post something about this stuff. Just wanted to share it.
There are also numerous negative reviews, with customers stating that they noticed no results whilst using the supplement, that they were refused a refund despite being within the money back guarantee period, and that they received poor customer service.
These products did nothing for me. I am fit and exercise and eat healthy. I wanted to lose a few lbs. They laughed when I told them that and said no problem. I called to cancel after seeing no results and they said keep using it. Now, after stage 2 has also not helped, I asked for the refund since they have a 90 day money back guarantee. Their “policy” is you only get a refund if stage 2 is unopened and sealed. How is this a 90 day money back guarantee? It is not. Very poor integrity.
Completely waste of money, not even a noticable loss of weight.
This did not work for me. I ordered the trial from their website. After trying stage one and trying 2 pills from stage two decided it was not for me. I was reassured could get refund but was told no when I called. This may work for some but did not work for me. Try at your own risk.
I just started stage 1. I have not lost anything. Its only been 4 days though. OK so here’s the “skinny”. I read through ALL the reviews. I know amazon sellers can “pad” their reviews. I think that is scamy and its definitely been done here. I mean some of the same exact word for word reviews with a different name attached? Give me a break. But I bought it anyways because I really want to get the last 10-15 pounds off. So far juicing gives better, faster results and juicers are cheaper and you know exactly what you are putting in your body. I’ll update after I go through all 3 stages but I think people should know the ratings have been tampered with here.
Did not do anything for me, but did give me some stomach problems
Does Slimfy Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
Slimfy claim that they offer a satisfaction guarantee to customers, but they impose so many restrictions and come up with some ridiculous hoops for customers to jump through, both of which make it very difficult to get a refund in practice.
The policy does not covered opened or used products, which definitely means that they have misused the term ‘guarantee’:
WE WILL NOT HONOR EMPTY OR USED BOTTLE RETURNS!
Full terms and conditions can be found on their official website, but we have included the key returns information below.
SATISFACTION: We want You to be satisfied with our products and services. If you are ever not satisfied with any product that you ordered, you may call our customer service and discuss it with us. If you are calling about refunding a purchase, our customer service team will handle it on a case by case basis
- New Customer (person who has received the first shipment of Slimfy and have not ordered any Slimfy products in the past). Any original factory-sealed, unopened bottles that you have received from your original shipment can be returned to us within 30 days for a refund, minus shipping and handling costs. Up to 25% re-stocking fee may be charged in case the products arrive back to us not in resellable condition – damaged, opened, etc.
- Repeat Order Customer (person who has received the second shipment of Slimfy and/or has purchased Slimfy products in the past) Only the last shipment can be returned for a refund (minus shipping and handling costs, minus re-stocking fee) within 15 days providing the Products are in their original factory-sealed, unopened condition.
- Please Note: if the units arrive to our fulfillment center not in the factory-sealed condition, then the refund will not be processed and those items will be refused or returned back to you.
- If You are eligible for a refund, customer service team will issue a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) and will give You further instructions such as the return address. Packages marked “Return To Sender” will NOT be processed or refunded unless you were instructed by our customer service representative in advance. Place your RMA# outside of the package along with your name and address. (Without the return number we will not issue a refund). Your refund will be processed within 14 days. It may take up to 30 business days to appear in your statement, depending on the speed of the processing bank.
Where Can I Buy Slimfy?
You can buy Slimfy direct from the product website but be careful. They use auto billing as a standard practice so you can expect to be sent further supplies of this diet pill package, and for your account to be billed automatically.
Slimfy offer a “free 30 days trial”. This is not actually free and it signs you up to an auto-billing programme. Slimfy state that in the terms and conditions that they operate;
NEGATIVE BILLING OPTION INVOLVING THE PRODUCTS YOU ORDER FROM THE COMPANY…YOU WILL BE LIABLE FOR PAYMENT OF PRODUCT THAT WAS SHIPPED TO YOU.
This does not only apply to the free trial. It applies to all orders. Each 60 capsule box of Slimfy – either Stage 1, Stage 2 or Stage 3 costs $77.60 each. Alternatively, you can buy Stage 2 as two packets and get one free, so have the full three package program for $155, this works out at $51.73 each.
Take note. Slimfy state:
If we don’t hear from you within 60 days, you agree to continue the Slimfy Weight Loss Program and receive a 30-Day Supply of Product on a monthly basis, repeating every Slimfy™ Stage every 3rd month (1,2,3,1,2,3…) until cancelled.
After 150 days, most people will have forgotten about Slimfy until the payment is taken out of their accounts.
If you want to try Slimfy, you can also find it on Amazon via various sellers.
One complete 3-supplement package costs $194. The individual stages cost $97.00 each. If you do buy from Amazon, it will be a first! Nobody else appears to have bought Slimfy via Amazon.
Slimfy Frequently asked Questions (FAQ)
What is Slimfy?
Slimfy is a three-part weight loss program. The program offers three different supplements to take at different stages of your weight loss journey. Each supplement can also be bought individually.
What are the side effects of Slimfy?
Slimfy can cause dehydration, diarrhoea, excessive sweating, cramps, dizziness, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, muscles weakness, achy joints, low blood pressure, tachycardia, confusion, jitteriness, gas, stomach discomfort and insomnia. It can also interact with other medications and interfere with the absorption of the contraceptive pill.
What are the ingredients in Slimfy?
Stage 1: green coffee bean, milk thistle, hydrangea, saffron, and ginger.
Stage 2: green coffee bean, raspberry ketone, saffron, maqui berry, CoQ10, and resveratrol.
Stage 3: African mango, green tea, caralluma fimbriata, lychee, and CoQ10.
Does Slimfy work?
We don’t believe Slimfy will help you lose weight. Most of the ingredients are not backed by scientific evidence, and the lack of genuine customers’ reviews is concerning.
How much does Slimfy cost?
Slimfy is very expensive! The full package costs $261.90 and each individual bottle costs $77.60.
Who makes Slimfy?
Slimfy is an American company based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
How do I take Slimfy?
Take one capsule twice a day, with a large glass of water and at least 30 minutes before a meal.
Can I take Slimfy if I have a health condition?
Avoid if you are pregnant, breast-feeding, or suffering from heart disease or stomach problems. You should also avoid Slimfy if you are sensitive to stimulants such as caffeine.
Does Slimfy have a money-back guarantee?
Slimfy does advertise a refund policy but the eligibility criteria are simply ridiculous, as they don’t apply to opened or used products. Many customers have complained that Slimfy refused to honor their own guarantee policy.
How long has Slimfy been around?
There is no details on the website.
Where can I buy Slimfy?
Slimfy can be bought from the official website (but beware of their auto-ship program!) and from Amazon.
Can I buy Slimfy in stores?
It seems that Slimfy is only available online.
How do I contact Slimfy customer service?
You can contact the customer service by phone or email, with the number and address provided on their official website. There is also a contact form available.
Are there any Slimfy coupons?
At the moment, there are no Slimfy coupons. The website will offer you several promotions but beware, most of them are forcing you to subscribe to an auto-ship program where you will be sent new bottles every three months, and your credit card will be billed without prior warning.
Are there any free samples of Slimfy?
There are no free samples of Slimfy.