Below we take an in-depth look at Thermopure to see if this diet pill is effective at boosting the metabolism and ultimately boosting the consumer’s rate of weight loss, or whether it is just an energy-boosting supplement.
Thermopure appears to be very good at boosting energy levels, based upon customer reviews – as this is the only claim that the company make about the product, it is good in this regard. It does also seem to have some potential to boost weight loss efforts, but as the reviews are not very focused upon this aspect, this is based upon the ingredients profile alone. We believe that Thermopure may boost the rate of weight loss in someone who is already dieting and exercising, but it is unlikely to be able to counteract a sedentary lifestyle coupled with persistent overeating.
Some of the ingredients used in Thermopure could cause a range of side effects including nausea, headache, fatigue, heartburn, and joint pain.
Thermopure is described as a ‘potent formula’ on the bottle’s label, but there is little other description of the benefits of the supplement. The manufacturers state that the product will help to combat fatigue and tiredness but make no claims about the product aiding weight loss.
Thermopure is aimed at any male or female athlete, bodybuilder or sports enthusiast who is looking for a blend of key nutrients and minerals in an easy-to-consume capsule.
How to Take Thermopure
Directions for use are as follows: To reap the maximum benefits of Thermopure, we recommend consuming 1 serving (3 capsules) 45-60 minutes before your morning workout with a glass of water or juice. Alternatively, consume anytime throughout the day.
Thermopure is manufactured by My Protein, a sport nutrition company. They can be contacted either through the chat function on their website, or using the contact details found on their official website.
- No money-back guarantee
- May cause side effects
- Not as effective for those who don’t already work out and exercise frequently
What Does Thermopure Claim To Do?
My Protein make the following statement about the benefits and effects of Thermopure. We find it interesting that the product is not described explicitly as a weight loss supplement.
Thermopure is a potent formula containing a host of ingredients to support a multiplicity of training goals. When you are working out, whether that be spinning at dawn or attending a gruelling cross-fit session after work, your body requires maximum energy, drive and focus to keep you achieving those all important goals.
Does Thermopure Work?
When trying to establish whether a product will actually work, we look at the ingredients used, the quantities that they are used in, and also turn to customer reviews, to see how the product works in practice.
There are lots of ingredients in Thermopure that have been associated with boosting the metabolism and increasing the speed of weight loss, including caffeine, cayenne and green tea extract. Their effects are all considered ‘small but significant’; they may boost the rate of weight loss in someone who is already dieting and exercising, but they are unlikely to be able to counteract a sedentary lifestyle coupled with persistent overeating.
Chromium could potentially aid a very tiny amount of weight loss over a prolonged period of use. B vitamins are usually found in adequate quantities in a balanced daily diet, but many companies include them anyway in their products, as a deficiency can hinder weight loss attempts. There is little or no evidence to suggest that over-supplementing these vitamins will boost weight loss attempts, and over-supplementation could potentially cause side effects.
What Are The Ingredients of Thermopure?
The ingredients used in Thermopure are detailed below. The ingredient quantities listed are per serving of three capsules.
- Vitamin B6 5 mg (358% RDA): Vitamin B6 has several important functions in the body, including ‘allowing the body to use and store energy from protein and carbohydrates in food’. Whilst taking excess amounts of vitamin B6 will not infinitely improve this ability, a deficiency could make it more difficult to lose weight. Vitamin B6 is naturally present in a wide variety of foods, including meat, cereals, bread and vegetables, and is often included in fortified breakfast cereals.
- Vitamin B12 21 µg (840% RDA): Vitamin B12 is naturally present in many foods, primarily meat, fish and dairy products. It has several roles, including aiding in releasing energy from consumed food, and keeping the nervous system healthy. It may be that a deficiency hinders weight loss, but taking excess amounts could be, according to the NHS, potentially harmful.
- Chromium 120 µg (300% RDA): This is used primarily to lower fasting blood sugar levels and to lower insulin levels in people who have type 2 diabetes. In terms of its potential effect upon weight loss, it is possible that taking chromium picolinate by mouth for 2 to 3 months might produce a small weight loss of about 1.1 kg.
- Green Tea Extract 375 mg: Green tea is high in a group of antioxidants called catechins. Studies have suggested that catechins increase thermogenesis in the body, whilst caffeine increases energy expenditure by boosting the metabolism slightly for few hours.
- L Tyrosine 200 mg: Some people use L-Tyrosine as an appetite suppressant, but there is little clinical evidence that it is effective for this use. Large doses of tyrosine may be useful for increasing alertness, especially in people who are sleep deprived.
- Caffeine 150 mg: Numerous studies have shown that caffeine boosts energy levels and alertness, as well as mildly boosting the metabolism. The effects shown in studies are small, and some studies are inconclusive.
- L Theanine 125 mg: This amino acid may play a small role in weight loss, as well as increasing feelings of relaxation. It may also reduce the negative side effects of caffeine, although there is seemingly no strong clinical evidence to support this claim.
- Cayenne Powder 50 mg: Capsaicin is found in Cayenne pepper and is thought by some to play a role in weight loss. Some studies suggest it could suppress the appetite mildly, whilst others suggest that the heat causes a thermogenic reaction in the body, burning more calories for a period of time. However, there are also studies that show cayenne has little or no effect upon weight loss attempts.
- Black Pepper Extract 5 mg: Black pepper extract is used for increasing the bioavailability of nutritional compounds. In other words, it increases the amounts of nutrients that are absorbed into the body in the digestive tract. It may also increase the absorption of various drugs, which may lead to potential side effects.
Does Thermopure Have Any Side Effects?
Some of the ingredients used in Thermopure could cause a range of side effects.
Although Tyrosine is tolerated generally in very high doses, it can cause some side effects including nausea, headache, fatigue, heartburn, and joint pain.
Caffeine can cause side effects such as headaches, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, heart palpitations, increased urination, dehydration, jitteriness, dizziness and insomnia. Green tea can also cause constipation. Theanine causes a state of relaxation without drowsiness, and may help to counteract some of the potential side effects of caffeine, such as jitteriness. Consumers should still ensure that they do not take this supplement or any other source of caffeine within 5 hours of bedtime, as caffeine can interfere with sleep cycles.
Black Pepper extract increases the absorption of caffeine and other compounds from the digestive tract into the bloodstream; this effectively makes the doses used higher, but can increase the chances of side effects occurring and increase the chances of accidental overdose from prescription medication.
Cayenne can cause heart burn and indigestion, as well as increased sweating.
Do not exceed the stated dose. Not suitable for pregnant or breastfeeding women. Not suitable for those who are sensitive to caffeine, or anyone who has any heart related conditions, including but not limited to high blood pressure. Not suitable for those under the age of 18. We recommend not to exceed the recommend suggested serving. Not suitable for anyone who is taking any medications, whether over the counter or prescription, as black pepper extract can increase the chances of side effects and accidental overdose.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Thermopure?
There are plenty of customer reviews for Thermopure on the official My Protein sales page for the product. The majority of the reviews are either four or five star rated, but there are a few mixed opinions and negative reviews.
I’ve been using Thermopure for around 8 weeks now, and taken about 30 mins before my training session gives you a really good kick. I’m not a particularly sweaty person, but taking these defs makes me one. Good value for money, one pot lasts me around 4-6 weeks.
This is the 3rd round of these I have purchased and they are brilliant! They give me a great buzz just before my workout on training days when I pop 3! (3 is a serving) and they take the edge off on non-training days throughout. I don’t drink coffee, and stay away from caffeinated drinks so this could be a factor to consider if you already OD on caffiene. The sweat this gives me is unreal, but you know it’s working! This product has helped me burn off almost 2 stone in 3 months. I would recommend it to anyone! The tablets are average size (about the size of 2 small peas side by side) and pretty easy to swallow. I find tilting my head forward and getting them to float is the fastest way to take 3 at a time.
I bought this Thermopure with low expectations, not because it was from Myprotein, which I think are a great supplement company, but because of how low the price was. In my experience, if it’s cheap, it’s not very effective. It recommends that on rest days you take 2 to 3 tablet throughout the day, this for me did next to nothing. I used these mostly for the energy benefits, there were hardly any. Taken before a workout though, I could feel a slight pick me up with these, but nothing to rave about, but to be honest, for the price I can’t complain. As long as you just want a fat burner, I’m sure the ingredients do exactly that. As energy goes, if you’re taking them while dieting, I’d go with something stronger.
I was sceptical about these before ordering and did plenty of research – the my protein video put a lot of my fears to rest and I have been very pleased since receiving them. They are like rocket fuel and allow you to really get the most out of a workout, and you really get a nice sweat going too. If your nutrition is on point then this will certainly enhance your performances in the gym or sports field and enable you to go one step further – capsules are small enough to take without gagging.
Took one a day every morning for 1 month. Little effect on my weight noticed. Caused stomach problems very bad indigestion and constant gas and flatulence throughout the day. Every time I burped it tasted foul and caused stomach acid. It was worse when I took one an hour before training causing me to almost vomit on every occasion. No weight loss noticed during the month I took them. Found caffeine pro a much better product which gave me an edge on my training without the undesired effects.
Made me anxious. This is effectively an overpriced caffeine pill.
Does Thermopure Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee offered by My Protein for this supplement.
According to the official My Protein website, the returns policy is as follows:
You have 14 days to cancel your order under our 14 day return period policy, which starts on the day after you received the item.
All items must be returned unused and in the original packaging as they were in when received by you.
Please ensure that when you receive an item that you take reasonable care of it when trying it/inspecting it eg. please ensure that any security seals or tags are still intact.
Where Can I Buy Thermopure?
Thermopure can be purchased from the official manufacturer’s website. The product costs £13.99 for a pot of 90 capsules, or £24.99 for a pot of 180 capsules. Delivery charges may apply. A bottle of 90 capsules will last the consumer between 30 and 45 days depending upon their desired daily dosage, and a bottle of 180 capsules will last between 60 and 90 days.