Up4 Probiotics is a probiotic brand that comes under I Health Inc a Connecticut based company that develops, markets, and distributes branded supplements. As well as Up4 Probiotics, other supplement brands include Culturelle a probiotic brand with family appeal, brands aimed at the menopause such as Estroven and i Cool, homeopathic brand Azo, nootropic Brain Strong Memory Support, and more. I Health Inc acquired Up4 Probiotics in 2017. I Health supplements are available in retail stores as well as online.
UP4 Ultra is a good quality and safe looking probiotic supplement, that contains some of the better known probiotic strains in its formula. So if you are looking for a pick me up after antibiotics or need some digestive support, you may find this supplement fits the bill. UP4 is a well known US brand that is made to a high quality, and is available in shops and stores across the USA as well as easily available on line. Yes probiotic research still has a way to go, but evidence shows the probiotic strains used here may be effective for many health issues so you may find it is worth a try.
Customers have not mentioned side effects. However probiotics used in this supplement can cause; gas, bloating, constipation, and diarrhoea.
Always ask your doctor for advice before using probiotics, especially if you have an underlying medical condition or your immune system is compromised
UP4 Ultra is not overly expensive, especially if you use it only occasionally.
UP4 Ultra is also on sale via Amazon UK, where it costs around £38.00 for a box of 60 capsules.
We are quite impressed with UP4 Ultra because this supplement has a lot going for it. It seems extremely safe and we like that the probiotic strains used are well researched (compared to many others on the market) and are well known in food products and supplements.
Probiotics are still in the early days of research and despite their popularity, there is still no medical evidence that they will cause all of the benefits that are so often touted by the supplements industry. Probiotics are classified as food supplements and the whole industry is unregulated. This means that you do have to be careful when buying, because after all you will be ingesting bacteria into your system which could cause infection.
Up4 Ultra Review
UP4 Ultra is a probiotic supplement that aims to provide digestive support and help with the body’s immune system. According to the product advertising your digestive system can become upset by stress, travel and medication which causes the digestive system’s supply of beneficial bacteria to become depleted. The idea is that taking this supplement will replace these lost bacteria and restore you to good health and normal digestive function.
Although it is hard to believe, the human body is full of bacteria, there are more bacteria in the body than cells. This is especially important within the digestive system where a complex myriad of good bacteria support health and normal functioning.
When these bacteria become depleted by such factors as illness, medication or a poor diet, it can lead to issues such as weight gain, diarrhoea, constipation, gas and weight gain.
Probiotic supplements are popular right now. Research suggests that probiotic supplements that contain similar bacteria to those found in the body can improve health and digestive function. However it is important to remember that not all probiotics are the same because there are literally thousands of bacteria strains which all act in different ways and that the probiotic supplements industry is totally unregulated.
The health authorities have not approved any probiotic supplements and they are in fact classified as dietary products rather than medicinal products.
How to Take Up4 Ultra
- Take 1 capsule a day during or before a meal
- Refrigerate after opening if possible
UP4 Ultra contains some well known strains in their proprietary blend of ingredients. These include 3 trademarked strains of probiotics; Bifidobacterium lactis UABla-12™, Bifidobacterium lactis HN019™ and Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1.
Bifido bacteria are a group that live in the intestines and can like all probiotics can also be grown outside the body. Bifido bacteria are normally found in dairy products like cheese and yoghurt – they belong to a group called lactic acid bacteria and this type of probiotic can be effective at treating so called travellers tummy, diarrhoea and other intestinal disorders as well as other conditions such as replacing good bacteria killed off by antibiotics or a poor diet.
Lactobacillus acidophilus also inhabits the intestine and also the vagina, and like Bifido bacteria can address many of the same type of gastric issues. It may also help treat diseases such as Crohn’s disease, lactose intolerance, vaginal yeast infections and more but research has not yet concluded whether or not it is effective for any of these purposes.
Up4 Ultra Concerns:
- Probiotics can introduce infection into a weakened immune system. You should speak with your physician before use, but will most people bother?
- Probiotics require further clinical research to prove effects and whether or not there are any safety issues
- Is there any real reason to take a probiotic if you are healthy? Many people might be tempted to take this supplement despite the fact they have no real need to do so
According to research some probiotic strains will help boost immunity as well as improve the digestive system.
In total the proprietary probiotic blend in this supplement contains 10 different strains of probiotic culture that are all either Lactobacillus strains or Bifidus strains.
UP4 is a reputable company. All supplements are manufactured in what is described as a state of the art facility in Warsau WI which is one of the only designated probiotic manufacturing plants in the USA. All supplements fully conform to GMP (good manufacturing practice) and are USDA Certified Organic, and Kosher & Halal certified.
What Does Up4 Ultra Claim To Do?
The product information explains when this supplement may be useful to you.
“During times of high stress, travel, or medication use, your digestive system may be subjected to an accelerated decrease in beneficial bacteria. This decrease may be responsible for digestive discomfort including gas, bloating, and irregularity along with a weakened immune system.”
The idea is that this supplement will, “rapidly replenish the loss of these good bacteria.”
UP4 Ultra has two functions:
“Digestive Support; Features 50 Billion CFU of 10 robust strains including Bifidobacterium lactis UABla-12™, Bifidobacterium lactis HN019™ and our trademarked superstrain Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS®-1. Our potent formula helps to quickly repopulate the good bacteria throughout the gastrointestinal tract. This helps to alleviate digestive discomfort including gas and bloating, while promoting regularity.”
“Immune Support: Features our trademarked superstrain DDS®-1 plus Lactobacillus rhamnosus UALrh-18™ for complete immune support.”
It is important to remember that research into the benefits of probiotics is still in early stages, and does not really go beyond very limited claims such as improvements to the digestive system in some cases.
Does Up4 Ultra Work?
UP4 Ultra is a good quality supplement that contains known strains of Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium so the good thing about this supplement is that it seems like a very safe bet. This supplement may help restore the balance of good bacteria if you have taken antibiotics, suffered from a gastric upset or similar and although probiotics are never formally recommended by doctors, this does not mean they are ineffective.
Some studies suggest that probiotics may help improve immunity to ailments such as flu.
However the official medical line is to always speak to your physician first before taking probiotics, especially if you are old and have a weakened immune system or if you are planning to give them to a child.
You can get probiotics from foods such as yoghurt, keffir, and sauerkraut but a supplement will be more consistent in dosage so may actually be a better choice.
In our opinion if you wished to try a probiotic supplement UP4 Ultra may be a good choice because it contains well known effective bacteria strains and has obviously been manufactured to a high standard. Source
What Are The Ingredients of Up4 Ultra?
Serving size is equal to one capsule. All the probiotic components are trademarked but are essentially the named ingredient. The identifier will just relate to production process and the unique blend of ingredients used to achieve the final product.
Proprietary Probiotic Blend (181mg) Total cultures (50 billion CFU)
- Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS 1: This lives in the intestine, vagina and your mouth and helps the body’s immune system fight off infection. This probiotic is present in yoghurt as well as Japanese foodstuffs miso and tempeh and is included in probiotic supplements. May reduce antibiotic side effects.
- Lactobacillus Plantarum U Alp 05: Often called a superstar probiotic Lactobacillus Plantarum is present in Korean food such as Kimchi, is present in human saliva and is reputed to resist antibiotics. Source
- Bifidobacterium Lactis UA Bla 12: Strain of bacteria that inhabits the intestines but also present in products such as cheese and yoghurt.
- Lactobacillus Paracasei U Alpc 04: This type of bacteria is found in rectal and oral mucosa and among other uses seems to be effective at treating diarrhoea in infants. It is sometimes added to infant formulas for this reason. Source
- Lactobacillus Casei U Alc 03: Type of lactobacillus present in human intestine and mouth. Has been found to be effective at treating diarrhoea sometimes caused by antibiotics as well as C Diff infections. Source
- Bifidobacterium Lactis HN019: Another strain of Bifidobacterium – there is over 400 different strains that inhabit the intestine.
- Lactobacillus Rhamnosus UALrh 18: Widely used probiotic strain which may have numerous medical applications such as treating gastroenteritis, infections diarrhoea and the stimulation of the immune response. Research is ongoing but so far this strain seems very safe. It is especially popular as a supplement in Scandinavian countries. Source
- Bifidobacterium Longum UABI 14: Part of gut flora, although not overly present in the adult gastrointestinal tract. It may help prevent the growth of pathogens (bad bacteria)
- Bifidobacterium Bifidum UABb 10: The most common probiotic used in supplements and food products. There is not much evidence for it as a treatment for clinical conditions such as cancer and liver problems. But research is promising for some infections, diarrhoea, IBS, and more. Source
- Bifidobacterium Breve UABbr 11: Present naturally in breast milk, this probiotic is also one of the most populous probiotics in the infant gut and may have positive benefits when combined with other probiotic strains as here.
Does Up4 Ultra Have Any Side Effects?
Potential side effects to UP4 Ultra may include;
These effects may diminish after a few days.
Probiotics can compromise a weakened immune system and introduce infection, but this will depend on the strains used. UP4 Ultra contains well known probiotic strains that should not be a problem to most people if they are healthy.
Not suitable for individuals under 18 or if you are pregnant or breast feeding unless your doctor advises it. Speak to your physician before using if you have an underlying medical condition, if you are taking medication or if your immune system is compromised.
Are There Any Customer Reviews For Up4 Ultra?
There are customer reviews on Amazon USA. However most customers who have left comments have trialled this product, so have received it for free in return for an honest review. Does this make a difference to their opinion? We think it does. If you haven’t had to pay for something you are much likely to have a positive impression of it.
All of the paid reviewers were already fans of probiotics such as this person,
I am a firm believer in adding a probiotic to daily regime. I have gastric ulcers and irritable bowel. When on a good probiotic I have less cramping and less bloating. And I seem to feel better over all. I was asked to try the UP4 Ultra. I have found it to be as effective as others I have taken
This review came from a genuine customer and was also positive,
I have tried many probiotics and this is the one I have found most helpful. I have a lot of digestive issues and I have not felt this relieved in years! I am hooked!!!!
This customer also paid for the supplement and was satisfied,
Been taking for almost a month. In fact am ordering another larger quantity. They WORK. I had The Sleeve, gastric surgery done. UP4, starts it’s process in the stomach, NOT just in the lower bowels. You can definitely buy cheaper, but you CAN buy THIS one AND know that it is working immediately.
Some customers noticed little difference between taking it and not taking it,
I ordered these try because they were on sale, but they don’t seem to help with my digestion at all. I don’t feel any difference between taking these and not taking these. Disappointed.
Does Up4 Ultra Offer a Money-Back Guarantee?
There is no money back guarantee with this supplement.
Where Can I Buy Up4 Ultra?
UP4 Ultra is on sale throughout stores and retail outlets across the USA. You can also buy it online from online supplement stores and retailers and via Amazon USA.
UP4 Ultra is also on sale via Amazon UK.